Has your life ever resembled a soap?

TheShowOff

I'd say the way my dad died was like something you'd see on a soap opera. Around 9 o'clock one monday morning he was on the phone to my mother saying he'd be coming to the house shortly to pick her up to take her shopping. 

Around 10-15 minutes later he arrives and my mom see's him parking up the car outside the house from the living room window. She goes out to the car and finds him slumped over the wheel, dead from a heart attack.

Obviously this was very traumatic for the family at the time as it was totally unexpected, but looking back on it and knowing my fathers personality I know he'd laugh about the way he went out himself. It was certainly memorable!

In 2006 the girlfriend I had at the time obviously had enough of me for whatever reason. So instead of just breaking up with me, she decided to go behind my back. I'm not sure if she was keeping her options open or if she just wanted to embarrass me, but she decided to book a hotel for herself and this guy one weekend when she told me she was going out with her girlfriends.

On the Saturday in question, I'm sat about on MSN when I get an email pop up confirming the hotel reservations for Miss Bitch and Mr. Man Who Isn't Me. Silly cow had forgotten that she had me set up as a CC address so she'd always have a 2nd copy of receipts and stuff, because she was an airhead and always lost anything of importance.

I decided to crash this little party, but do it at a time where it would seem like an emergency. I had her driving license and a few other bits and bobs at my house, which I used to bluff my way into her hotel room, posing as a relative... bad move on my part because when I did knock on their door, I was greeted by the pair of them at the worst possible time, I can only assume they knew I was coming at that exact moment as she seemed to have just finished sucking this guy off and went to spit the load at me, got it all over my trousers, making me look like I'd just had a sneaky wank in the bushes.

I threw her things at her, punched the bloke. Got nicked and let off with a slap on the wrist.

Going home after a night in the cells, I remember her purse was still at mine with £350 in it. So I had a shower, put on some clean trousers and my friends and I enjoyed spending her money. Never saw the bitch again.

Probably about somewhere. That same month on my 18th Birthday I went round my Grandads to watch the England game, he wasn't answering the door so my brother climbed though the window to make sure he was ok (he had heart attack the year before). My brother let me whole family in, and we went upstairs to see if he was ok. Caught him in bed cheating on my nan. Everything kicked off, my mum started going mental, ended up giving my Grandad another heart attack. Later that night I watched England get knocked out of the Euros to Portugal. I need to sell the screen play of my summer 2004 to Shane Meadows

Probably about somewhere. That same month on my 18th Birthday I went round my Grandads to watch the England game, he wasn't answering the door so my brother climbed though the window to make sure he was ok (he had heart attack the year before). My brother let me whole family in, and we went upstairs to see if he was ok. Caught him in bed cheating on my nan. Everything kicked off, my mum started going mental, ended up giving my Grandad another heart attack. Later that night I watched England get knocked out of the Euros to Portugal. I need to sell the screen play of my summer 2004 to Shane Meadows

Completely unrelated to the topic but you were born on the same day as me! That game was on my (our) 18th!

Archived