The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

On my way now, what's even the full card? 

I knew about ZSJ/KUSHIDA, Goto/Gibbo and Angelico/Jay White 

Flipping my shit on the train a lil bit that Takahashi faces Scurll. That's going to be immense 

Edited by sj5522

Just realised I'm a fucking Olympic tier spaz and forgot to book my return train ticket last week. 

So yeah if anyone fancies a pint or two while I beg my mum to PayPal my way home that'd be great 

• Paid Members

Never sitting floor again. Rows 2/3 when I go Progress are fine but by row 11 I can't see shit for people's heads. Plus I was surrounded by cunts. An insufferable Essex wideboy and his mate who kept shouting random shit right in my ear, accidentally spitting or spilling beer, pounding on the empty seat adjacent to mine and just being a cretin. And the whole row in front of me seemed to enjoy his antics and spent more time turned around looking at him than watching matches. I dont understand wanting to be THAT hammered at a show, he's going to remember fuck all. Balcony or nothing next time, almost felt like 20 quid wasted.

ZSJ/KUSHIDA and Scurll/Takahashi were great fun as expected. Kenny and the boys did lots of superkicks and shouted Suck It and the Bucks did some flips. Fine if you like that sort of thing. The aforementioned cretin certainly did, screeching "superkick" in my ear every time they did one. And now I never want to see one again.

Great time that. Really looking forward to watching it again on demand. As soon as I bloody got in The Elite were just fucking standing there and it took me off guard, had to be a slightly embarrassing fan and say Hi, as well as thanks for selling my sick leggings and get a Too Sweet of course. I felt better about marking out once some guy with glasses ran up next to me and just shouted "SIX STARS!" showing them his shirt that said six stars and then ran off again 

I was sat in floor seats but mostly everyone around me seemed pleasant enough. Thankfully I wasn't near that drunk guy, that could've spoiled it slightly. One of the people next to me was strangely stoic all night. 

Opener seemed pretty good from what I could see due to slugs taking a year to sit in the seat directly in front of them. Only seen Banks with TK Cooper as the South Pacific Power Trip and I think I prefer them to this CCK team but some fun spots in this. Martin Stone is really good, why did NXT only use him as a jobber and cover up his physique? Sami Callihan heeled on him cos NXT or summink and said something in a gruff voice. 

Jay White v Angelico? Only meh of the night really. Two floppy haired dudes brushing it out of their faces and having a quiet match. Angelico came out to Skrillex, bewww, didn't do anything daredevil-y like he apparently does on Lucha Underground. Jay White has a bad case of Lance Storm/Tony Nese face. Expression free. I watch him a fair bit in Japan and ROH so it's beginning to frustrate me now. Express! Project! I want to know who you are and why I should care. 

Booing Gibson might have been the most fun I had all night. It's funny, I've seen him about 5 or 6 times on Progress shows, I don't know how he turned heel or how he got that much heat and I don't really care it's just fucking brilliant and I appreciate so much how he's able to keep drawing that out. He can't say funny or clever things, or we'd stop booing to listen, and he has to come off as genuinely frustrated or we'd get bored of interrupting him. It's just artistry. I love wrestling. Took me a few seconds to figure out why Gibson tried to hit Goto with a car radio, then I laughed my arse off. 

I'd especially like to rewatch Scurll and Takahashi, I know it was class but I could do with a memory jog. The finish was sickening. In a good way. I think. 

Caught most of the cruiserweight title match after me half-time fag n piss. Really good. Bodom is a decent prospect and there was one high spot right in front of me that was fucking nuts. Ospreay had weird circles on his back as well as that tape stuff

Not sure whether the no DQ had a story I'm supposed to know, or who the heel was meant to be, but really enjoyed it still. I never EVER want to take a chairshot from Sha Samuels. The noise it made across Castles spine was unreal. Every show I've ever been to so far (yes all two of them) has had a Big Lad Moonsault and that's something I'd like to keep up. Nothing better. 

ZSJ and Kushida was of course excellent also. Another one I'd like to watch back again at home, especially as it was so mat focused, some of the action was a bit difficult to make out including the finish

The Elite had to close the show. Over as fuck. I see a lot of these guys especially the Bucks and I can cool on them sometimes, but what an blast being there live. Didn't want it to end. It dawned on me that the Bucks of Youth aren't spot monkeys, they're spot Masters. Huge difference. 

First LDN show, hopefully of many. Did not die which is a bonus, no hassle from anyone and I got home without being stranded after some brief palava 

Had a great seat 1st row of block h, at £20 great value. Shame there was some random bloke sitting behind me going "shiiiiiiit" or "this is your money's worth" at every spot.

CCK vs Stone and Callihan- good fun fast paced match to get the crowd going, however I am not sure I am fussed about seeing Callihan again.I didn't really enjoy the promos afterwards. Also match was hurt due to crowd being so cheery to CCK. Also didn't like the finisher. 

White vs Angelico- Good match, but mainly because I am a big White fan. Angelico didn't do much for me and just seemed another guy.

Gibson vs Goto- Good match and made it clear who the bad guy was. Fun things with a stereo.

Scurll vs Takahashi- Really good match, if they gave them a few minutes more it could have been better. Takahashi looks so strong now.

Bodom vs Ospreay- Good match, one of the better Bodom matches where they worked on the back and stuck to it and Ospreay selling it well. Also looked like they did some cupping on Ospreay's back before the match to make it look better.

Samuels vs Castle- The moonsault was fun and the hair cutting but I had no idea who to cheer for and for a no dq not much happened. 

Kushida vs Samuels- Another great Kushida match. Problem was it took a while to get going but when it did it was top notch. However it looked like Kushida's shoulder was off the floor but I could be wrong. 

The Elite vs Smile/ Rush/ Strickland- Did not enjoy this as much as I could as by this point I was knackered. It was a comedy spot fest. Not sure the reason for having Rush or Strickland as it could have had anybody in the opposing side as the match was purely based on The Elite. However it was fun, not sure I would re-watch and think it is more of a see live to enjoy.

Some problems. This show ran far too late. They could have done a 6-7 match card and cut some time. I ended up getting home at half past 12 and I was shattered. Also the match outcomes were too predictable. Only one where the winner was not obvious was Castle vs Samuels. 

Yeah I was surprised how late it ended, thought I'd be able to wander around the area for a half hour or so, but nearly ended up stranded in Liverpool Street overnight instead. Thankfully I woke up late yesterday so I was still full of beans for the main event

I was supposed to be in block H, but I realised a couple matches in that I was being a Blindy McBlinderson and was in N instead and had to budge up for someone as I was in their seat. Didn't fancy fannying around trying to find block H and just stayed, maybe I should have tried though 

Edited by sj5522

Did they make any announcements for their next York Hall show? They usually release the first names either on the day of the show or the next day. I'm thinking they bring Suzuki and the lads over for Summer Sizzler, it seems a lot more plausible given he's back in Japan with ZSJ. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

Didn't fancy fannying around trying to find block H and just stayed, maybe I should have tried though 

I'd say you were better off where you were.

Yeah. They'll have a few Suzuki-Gun guys before long. Maybe some soon and a couple of others for Global Wars UK if they do that again. They've had a fair few Bullet Club guys as it is. Who haven't they had from them they might bring soon? Wouldn't surprise me if they get Cody Rhodes before long at least.

• 2 weeks later...

RpW has announced a British Super J Cup. in july at Walthamstow Assembley halls.This will have 8 wrestlers. Curious as to will be in this. I imagine Smile and Bodom are given. As a Liger fan I hope he goes in it just to make it fun. Tickets on sale 1st May so hope they announce 2 names by then.

Edited by westlondonmist