eBay help

martinQblank

I find eBay annoying at the best of times but am having an issue and hope someone can offer some advice.

I sold an item last month, after 2 weeks the buyer mailed saying it wasn't genuine (it is) and that they would like a refund. I said fine as long as they send the item back first.

He said he was ... Another 2 weeks have passed and nothing. He opened a case last week through eBay and they have awarded him a refund back though I still don't have my item back.

Normally I wouldn't accept refunds though this buyer had been a nightmare since day one so just wanted it sorted, I don't want to pay the money back until I reveive my item, which will also have gone down in value as was unopened before has now been opened and potentially used.

Any advice mucho appreciated

Whilst I'm all for buyers protection there is nothing to protect the sellers. I recently sold a game on eBay, sent it recorded delivery and have got the receipt to prove postage. According to the buyer the game never arrived and the tracking info says that there are no updates. EBay awarded the buyer the refund and took it from my account, even though I have a receipt to prove I posted it. I called eBay and they said I had to take it up with royal mail. Utterly shite!

• Paid Members

Whilst I'm all for buyers protection there is nothing to protect the sellers. I recently sold a game on eBay, sent it recorded delivery and have got the receipt to prove postage. According to the buyer the game never arrived and the tracking info says that there are no updates. EBay awarded the buyer the refund and took it from my account, even though I have a receipt to prove I posted it. I called eBay and they said I had to take it up with royal mail. Utterly shite!

Surely that's fair enough? royal mail have a compensation system for lost mail so that's your protection. I know the guy could be pulling a fast one but he shouldn't pay for something that didn't turn up.

I had my first ever paypal dispute recently (as a seller). A guy ordered some footy DVD's which I did for him and then found there was no address on his paypal payment. Sent three emails to get the address. No reply. He opened a case. Sent two more emails to no avail. Had to refund. So I'm stuck with the discs I did for him. Prick.

To give an idea what I'm dealing with here is what I have received from the buyer today when I asked him where my package was - if he has used a courier they haven't left any notes and the package was new and sealed and never used.

My courier has made 3 attempts to deliver this item but was unable to make the delivery costing me a wasted £2.98. I will send you an invoice for the postage that is £2.98 and another £2.98 to deliver again. Please provide exact delivery instructions with times you are available any if possible an alternative delivery address such as a neighbor plus a contact number such as a mobile.

On a separate note I am very upset with this item as you described it as new however the packaging was obviously old and very worn and clearly not new. Further I have used this particular aftershave for many years and the product was clearly either fake or seriously faded with age and not as described. Although you have provided a reluctant refund I am still left with postage costs I need to be recover plus a lot of wasted time.

I hate selling anything on eBay because it's such an unfair system, both in terms of protection and the exorbitant fees. As a buyer, it's fine, but I know I'm paying a mark-up that people have to add on to cover their fees.

Rick, how are you getting away with selling knock-off DVDs on there? I'd love to get into that game.

Further advice needed please ...

eBay took £34 off me without him returning the item this is after I cancelled my eBay direct debit . Can I recover this fee through my bank ?

I asked him for the 4th time to return the item, he is asking for me to pay him postage to return the now used item or he will seek legal advice

This is driving me up the wall as there doesn't seem to be anywhwre to turn too for help

Archived