WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent WM. Not sure if it was the sound quality on the network but the crowd seem dead for most of the night.

Can't help but feel they've fucked Reigns good n proper. They really should have taken the gamble with him.

I too thought the sound from the stadium was pretty low even though the crowd seemed quite good, but i think it was more of a technical issue. 

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed that, as soon as it got started and I saw the stadium it really felt like wrestlemania and it did a good job of keeping the big time feel throughout.

What? HHH's entrance is going to tie in with The Terminator? That's really got me going!

fucking hell, I don't even know what to say, HHH's entrance was the best thing I've ever seen.

Great show, great results. I love Randy so I was happy to see him go over even if Seth went on to win the title.

Loved the main event, I was hoping it would be hard hitting and it didn't disappoint, no one else fights like Brock, I love it, the main event was perfect.

• Paid Members

Loved all of it. The Sting match was amazing. Everything I like in my wrestling. The nWo were bumping like Steamboat at ringside. Seeing a crippled Hulk Hogan take a bump on the floor for Hep C ridden Sean Waltman made me think they must have sent the medical staff home before they gave everyone their physicals. The Lesnar vs Reigns match was cracking as well. Rollins was the right winner, because he's got loads of challengers (including Orton who beat him clean). Reigns didnt have much going on after this event. The Ronda Rousey stuff was unexpectedly excellent, too.

I really enjoyed that, as soon as it got started and I saw the stadium it really felt like wrestlemania and it did a good job of keeping the big time feel throughout.

What? HHH's entrance is going to tie in with The Terminator? That's really got me going!

fucking hell, I don't even know what to say, HHH's entrance was the best thing I've ever seen.

Really? I thought it was horrendous.

• Paid Members

Based off the time constraint and WWE unlikely to run over with a PPV and screwing their network schedule they were always getting done by 4am.

Overall, it actually kept me entertained. Who'd have thunk it, 4 hours of programming where I didn't get bored or go make food because what was going on didn't interest me. Add in the hour before and that's 5 hours of WWE. I can't stand 1 episode of RAW in one sitting and I just did 2.

Cena/Rusev was great, ending was a little meh for me, but I guess it leaves room for the rematch where Rusev only lost because Lana got in his way. Guessing she's back to filming tomorrow?

The tag on the preshow was chaotic at best. When the ref and commentators have no idea who the legal man is and you send one guy out already injured, you're somewhat asking for trouble.

Taker looked better than he has in years physically, I guess growing your hair and not looking like a massive scrotum helps.

Only thing I could've asked for was Flair to come out to defend Sting and WCW when the NWO did after Michaels unevened the odds.

Entrances throughout were incredible.

But overall, that's why its the best show of the year,

I wasn't hyped for this show at all... Fuck me was I wrong. Fuck me what a show.

I almost said "I'll never doubt WWE again," but no doubt I will be by the time Raw's on..

What a main event! Outstanding work from Reigns and Lesnar, and Rollins winning the title is very interesting... And this is the first time the midcard champs have been much bigger stars than the world champ. Fair play to Rollins though, he's earned it. And with Orton and Roman both having claims to title shots and Brock no doubt coming for revenge.sooner or later, there should be lots of good stuff going forward.

Nothing else on the show blew me away, but it was all really good stuff. I thought Sting vs Triple H was crap until DX and the nWo got involved, but once they did, it was really fun. Undertaker looked loads better this year than last.

The stream was pretty bad for me, constantly dropping to about 240p resolution and freezing. I assumed it was due to my connection being crap. Horribly, during the main event it was doing a thing where it'd freeze, then skip backwards a few seconds, then skip forwards, so I missed/spoiled a couple of nearfalls.

Special mention to J&J meeting the original stooges on the pre-show!

That RKO onto Seth was breathtaking. But then the main event cash in topped it all off. I was struggling to stay awake during the show having had three hours sleep last night (back up again in four hours) and am buzzing after that finish. Sore eyes for me tomorrow but worth every second & penny.

Archived