WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

Anyone else think that outdoor stadiums take away from the atmosphere of Wrestlemania? I hate that it starts during the daytime, so much so that I held off going to it this year. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's gonna be a great show.  Surely going to be better than 29 was.  Think I'm gonna need to go for a nap soon so I have the energy to stay up.  

Last thing I want is some asshole who never watches wrestling at work tomorrow telling me Seth Rollins cashed in on Brock or R-Truth won the IC title or something.

Apparently the sun is only due to go down around 30 minutes before the end of the show, so it's not going to be that dark at all throughout the event. Might make Undertaker, Wyatt and Sting's entrances interesting.

Expect something different from us. The atmosphere being West Coast and daylight presented some very unique challenges for us to overcome. The structure itself isn’t really tied to a particular thing like the city or arena, but we have this really unique thing where we can’t hide anything. We have to be open, [because] everybody’s going to see everything. I can’t do the theater magic and hide the bad parts. So we’ve had to work really hard. Everything had to tie in and feel like it was part of the image and the structure. It’s a unique set, a unique way of lighting the ring because of the sun. You’ll see some different search lights around there, and from a lighting point of view and the set, we’ve had to deal with having full sun on the set because you can’t hide anything. You’ll see it’s a different set from us this year.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/jason-robinson-interview-27228059

Might be interesting seeing what they do for entrances in the sun. Some more physical props maybe? The idea of 'Taker coming out in daylight sounds mental. 

:unsure:

Here's a video of the guy climbing the cage. Obviously never played a PS2 wrestling game as he squandered the opportunity to lead the security up one side of the cage before climbing down the other. 

I'm with the people who have a positive feeling about WrestleMania.
I'm anticipating Orton/Rollins might steal the show, hopefully Lesnar and Reigns are allowed to just beat the fuck out of each other, Undertaker is apparently in much better shape than last year and I would imagine is looking to retain the 'WrestleMania form' he had until last year.

I'm predicting the ladder match will be the usual spotfest, HHH-Sting will have enough shortuts etc for it to work and Sting will be looking to make a good impression in his Mania debut.....

Yeah, we'll see, as expectations can be dangerous things if you expect too much but hopefully it'll be a strong show.  

On paper, the matches should be great. Brock vs. Reigns will need distractions to make it good. I've no faith in either being the 'ring general'. But yeah, some great looking matches - I've just had no interest in the card.

I think Taker vs. Wyatt will need something special or to be short too.

Archived