WWE Legends League Table

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

What would you say it is? Raw got me looking at the legends in a definitive light, with the three man panel thing. I suppose its however they feel on that day, but I'll have a go. Hopefully others with chip in with their own.

SUPERDUPER LEGENDS:

Judging by the opening of WrestleMania Austin, Rock, Hogan are the big names. These three explain themselves. Massive stars, who you can wheel figures and DVDs out of until the end of time. You cant touching these three. Unlike Rock and Austin, Hogan is like the Man United of the WWE these days. He'll fall out of the champions league spot because of overexposure, but its not hard to put him back in the company of Austin and Rock if he disappears for a while.

Then you have the more available ones which are:

Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. Hogan can pop into this catagory as well, because he's well old now and serves as a mascot for the company. Hogan pops in and out of the super legends catagory and this one depending on the time of the year. If its WrestleMania, Hogan is the greatest of all time. If its Christmas, he's Santa Claus. If its his birthday, he's fodder for Brock Lesnar etc. Flair and Shawn are in that "best wrestlers ever" role. Where the fans respect what they have done, even if they arent considered in Austin's catagory.

Legends depending on the mood they are in with them:

Mick Foley and Bret Hart. 2 full on afterthoughts these days. Bret is the bloke they put in the front row of WrestleMania and dont even invite to Raw reunions anymore. His stock is pretty low these days. They really dont use him for anything significant. Foley, the poor cunt, has even lost his Santa Claus role to Hogan. Foley number must be so far down on the list these days that he isn't even considered for the Santa Claus spot anymore. If this was 1995 it would be Fred Blassie and Monsoon in Hogan and Austin's spot. Lou Albano where Shawn Michaels is etc. Bret and Foley to me represent the Fred Blassie's and Ernie Ladds of today. They were treated far better when the bigger legends werent the priority.

Novelty/overexposed Legends:

Or the legends you cant much because you arent sure if the crowd give a shit. Guys like Hall and Nash fit right here. At least Bret and Foley always get the respectful big pop when they walk out. Its really a coin toss whether anyone is going to care about the nWo in 2015. It all depends on the city I suppose. The APA seem more over than the Wolfpac these days. Nash seemed to get this. He didnt look like he look the appearance seriously on Monday. This is the Nash I wanted to see in 2011. His lack of giving a fuck would have done him wonders in that feud with Punk.

They are cheap, so you might as well section:

Tatanka, Rikishi, Too Cool etc.

• Paid Members

Completely agree on Hogan. Far too many mediocre appearances have seen him drop down a level. He's now in his own tier below Austin and Rock.

Under that in the Europa League places I'd agree with HBK and Flair. I'd have Bret in that category too still and The Undertaker until they fuck him up. Credit to the great job they've done with telling the newer audience about him but Sting is in here too. Nash is in here.

Mid table is guys who were never quite top level or have seriously outstanding outstayed their welcome. Hall, Foley, Piper, Steamboat, etc.

Vauxhall conference: Chris Jericho.

Duggan, Snuka, Slaughter, IRS, Dusty Rhodes and (perhaps to a lesser extent) Ted DiBiase are in that "oh, fuck off" category. Slaughter is the worst for this, followed by Duggan. Always shit and been on a million times, especially in the years when the big boys were in TNA. The sort of clowns that have a terrible thirty second backstage skit that ends in Faarooq saying damn.

Archived