Worst Wrestler of the Year 2014

HarmonicGenerator

Worst Wrestler of the Year 2014  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

LAST YEAR'S WINNER: The Great Khali

The nominations have been counted, now it's time to vote for your worst wrestler of the year for 2014!

Feel free to give reasons for your choice / against others below.

The shortlist is:

BIG SHOW

RR14_Photo_076.jpg

Turned face and heel quite a lot in 2014.

-

BLUE DEMON

HBO+Latino+Habla+Men+People+en+Espanol+S

I don't know anything about him, sorry. But he had a bad year, clearly.

-

BULL DEMPSEY

05_BULL_08082014sm_2399b.jpg

NXT squasher, but not very good at it.

-

KANE

SD_761_Photo_001.jpg

Probably also turned face and heel quite a lot over the course of the year.

-

MOJO RAWLEY

20130926_642xvariable_NXT-SSpg-template_

NXT also-ran.

-

MR. ANDERSON

Anderson.jpg

TNA got a nomination! Does he still look like this?

-

SHEAMUS

20131211_EP_LIGHT_sheamusinterview_C-hom

Didn't have the best year, it would seem.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Big Show turned a lot and Kane masked/unmasked a lot, but as far as their ability as wrestlers, really can't knock them, reliable hands that will always deliver a decent match, if nothing mind blowing at this stage of their career.

I went Mojo, glad to see he's winning here. He may be in developmental, but if we're giving credit to the great ones like Zayn and Neville and putting them on par with the main roster, it's only fair we do the same with the negative aspects. Mojo (and Bull Dempsey) are wrestlers I honestly can't believe got signed for starters, but to be so incredibly shit with all the great resources at their disposal takes a special kind of failure.

• Paid Members

Big Show turned a lot and Kane masked/unmasked a lot, but as far as their ability as wrestlers, really can't knock them, reliable hands that will always deliver a decent match, if nothing mind blowing at this stage of their career.

You and I have either wildly different definitions of "always" or "decent," or very possibly both. They've both been in lots of God-awful waste of time matches all year.

• Paid Members

I dont think I've enjoyed anyone less than Kane in 2014. He comes on screen and it hurts my feelings. Like they've called me a cunt to my face. People voting for Mojo and Mr Anderson need to look at the bigger picture. You dont need to watch these two. Anderson is a midcard act on Impact. And Mojo is whatever he is on NXT. Kane was put into feuds with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. If you are a fan of those two, you actually had to sit through watching Kane. You know when you'd play Smackdown Here Comes the Pain with your mates? And you had that amazing roster? And then you get Scotty 2 Hotty as in the Royal Rumble, when the rest of your mates have Goldberg or The Rock or Brock Lesnar? That is the same feeling I have when Kane turns up on Raw. They actually thought there was millage left in Kane as a player in the modern era. Kane drags down everything he's in currently. I look at Kane and just think they should set fire to him, put him in his 1998 suit again and try and sell some figures. I dont care about him as a heel, babyface, tag team wrestler or comedy act anymore. All he has left is nostalgia for me, and he isn't getting that done wearing those shite duds he's got on now. BURN HIM!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I don't know, I've always liked Kane, and Big Show to a lesser extent. I have some apathy when it comes to seeing Kane as an authority figure, but when it comes to seeing him wrestle, I'm usually interested. I didn't mind seeing him wrestle Daniel Bryan, thought the Extreme Rules match was fine. The most damning thing I can say about Big Show is that his matches with Roman Reigns have been boring, but the only person I've seen get a good singles match out of Reigns so far is Randy Orton. Thought the Kane vs. Reigns matches were slightly better than Show vs. Reigns.

Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, but I'm not sick of Kane and Show at all. Last of the real good big men, important part of the Attitude Era. I'm not going to say I think they're great now, but I think they've built up enough equity to be kept away from being the worst on the roster.

Big Show and Kane can be brilliant, and a couple of years ago, they both were. Big Show's feud with Sheamus and Kane's tag team with Bryan are up there with anything either of them have ever done. But last year, they were crap. In Kane's case, they've got potential with the Corporate Kane/Demon Kane thing, but it never works because either way he's getting beaten by Roman Reigns in a crap match. Or doing a DQ with Dean Ambrose in a crap match. It's not his fault he's in a bad spot, but it's partly his fault he's so boring. Ian's comparison with getting someone shit in the computer game Rumbles is spot on.

I don't know if it's because there's a new generation coming up and raising the bar, but this year, the old boys really seemed to have lost their touch. Kane, Big Show, even super Henry. Undertaker was an embarrassment at WrestleMania. And the Outlaws weren't much cop during their stint. Who else is there from the attitude era that's still around? Christian, he was shit when he turned up for a fortnight, during which he had eighty matches with Sheamus before getting injured again.

Edited by King Pitcos