The Great UKFF reunion!

Sym

Hello guys, long time no see... I'm sure I'm not the only one passing through after a few years of relative inactivity. I've made a few posts in the last few years but not visited regularly for a fair number of years but good to see the old place is still standing.

Anyway, as I used to be good pals with a fair few people here, I'd love to hear what some of you have been up to over the last five years or so, who's still here and who you guys haven't seen for a while.

My life has completely changed, I'm now living in Australia, have two fantastic children and a lovely wife and have just got back into WWE (after an extended break of at least 6 years from that too).

I used to adore this place, spending a lot of time here, and I know it used to be a bit of an institution so I'm super happy to see it still rolling along. In any case, if any of the old guard are still here please respond.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My life has completely changed, I'm now living in Australia, have two fantastic children and a lovely wife and have just got back into WWE (after an extended break of at least 6 years from that too).

Me too. Melbourne specifically. Where have you moved to Sym? Following anything from the Australian scene?

Sounds like you have done well for yourself mate. I've been a member since 2001 and although I read the forum every day, I don't post very often. I'm not married with 2 daughters and still living in sunny Scotland.

Sounds like you have done well for yourself mate. I've been a member since 2001 and although I read the forum every day, I don't post very often. I'm not married with 2 daughters and still living in sunny Scotland.

Me too. Melbourne specifically. Where have you moved to Sym? Following anything from the Australian scene?

Radialade for me sir, it's cool! I didn't even realise there was an Australian scene, anyone notable?

Heaty, I remember A time where I thought I would always post here, strange how times change, but thinking about all the fun times here makes me smile!

Radialade for me sir, it's cool! I didn't even realise there was an Australian scene, anyone notable?

Heaty, I remember A time where I thought I would always post here, strange how times change, but thinking about all the fun times here makes me smile!

If you're in Adelaide, you have Riot City Wrestling in your area.

It's quieter than the UK scene, but it starting to pick up in the last few years. There's a nice sense of "something's around the corner" and it's been fun to be involved since I've became Melbourne City Wrestling's co-commentator.

Some key guys I've enjoyed so far are Ryan & Robbie Eagle, Adam Brookes, Carlo Cannon, JXT, Mike Peterson (he was phenomenal, but has literally just retired... shame), Krackerjack, Elliott Sexton & Mr. Juicy. I'm sure there are more that have slipped my memory. MCW also produced NXT's Emma and Buddy Murphy, so they have a decent rep for that currently.

Lucky for you, Adelaide is home to RCW (Riot City Wrestling) and having looked at their roster, they have a few good names so I suggest you check them out. I'm a big mark for their champ's (Adam Brooke) in ring work. Plus they are home to the "Riot City Chicks"... their women's division. Trust me when I say their women's division is really really fucking good. I'd name them, but to be honest, they all put on good matches.

In regards to the style, they have fun and fast paced matches, though some of the wrestlers seem allergic to technical wrestling. I would love to see a few more wristlocks and the like... but maybe that's just me being terribly British. I know though whenever any of them do a tour of the UK, the first thing they mention is how awesome the technical skill of the Brit stars are.

Go check em out! RCW: http://riotcitywrestling.com/ 

Edit: Just saw Freaky beat me too it! Boo!

• Paid Members

Alright, Sym?

Glad to hear life's treating you well. If I wasn't so horribly British, I'd have given this emigration lark a go.

Funny you should pop up now, as I'm planning on powering up the old PC tomorrow to get at all the pictures from the UKFF's golden era.

This is the first time I've logged back in since before WrestleMania, after spotting this topic on my weekly lurk.

Good to see plenty of old names in this topic, and I'm looking forward to seeing Nostalgia Nonce's photos from back in the day.  :thumbsup:

Archived