Best shows ever. Raw, Smackdown etc...

PSF

Looking for people's opinions on the best shows out there. Wanting to watch a few old Raws and some recommendations would be great. Thought this would also be a good place to share your favorite raws, smackdowns, ecw tv, nitro and impacts.

I'll start with an old Smackdown favorite of mine

SmackDown 1/4/00

http://mojim.net/cn_search_u2_9fup0g6QJpk.html

This is the episode with Triple H & Stef running the show. Some fun matches on there, but the lottery draw for a shot at the title and subsequent HHH vs Rikishi match are great fun.

Raw 04/11/96 Stone Cold and Pillman, there there's a nice little segment with HBK and Sid

Raw 06/10/97 Unbelievable stuff from Bret and Shawn. Legendary Cornette rant. Austin being Austin. Nice little Rock v Bulldog match. Melanie Pillman interview, although a little uncomfortable to watch. 

Just done a 96/97 RAW rewatch and Id say these are the two best from each year. Not so much for actual wrestling though

My answer is always the Raw right after the Montreal Screwjob, which built up around Jim Neidhart being wooed by DX — I haven't seen it since '97, but I always thought was an incredible show.

Thats the 3rd RAW after Survivor Series, its a cracking show though. Its Austin, The Rock and his facial reactions that steal it for me though with the bleeper stuff.

• Paid Members

The January 20th Raw where Bret quits.

March 97 Raw's where Bret loses his shit and reunites the Foundation.

April 21st Raw featuring the Bret Austin Streetfight.

Basically a good majority of 1997 RAW episodes where superb. Definitely from around Late March-September.

One that always sticks in my mind is the July 9 2001 Raw, where RVD debuts and Heyman leaves the announce desk,cuts a great promo and reveals ECW are part of the invasion.Steph is revealed as their new owner at the end of the show while Vince is stood on the ramp looking inconsolable.JR was brilliant on commentary and it felt so fresh and exciting.

Those vignettes with Austin and Angle trying to impress Vince by singing songs and wearing cowboy hats are great too.

The Raw where Bischoff initiated the Gold Rish Tournament is probably worthy of a mention. There was definitely a cracking episode of Raw Roulette too. Might have been the TLC 4 one.

Love this episode of SD too:

Is it me or has Steph's voice deepened quite a bit since then? I'd put it down to all the 'supplements' HHH gets her to take. She evens looks more masculine these days.

• Paid Members

I've heard a few people say the Eddie Guerrero memorial Raw was one of the best shows of recent years but I didn't see it first time round. Gonna watch it now.

Makes me cry whenever I watch it. :(

The episode of Raw after WrestleMania 14 is one of my all-time favourites. Despite a couple of nothing segments involving the likes of Kurrgan and a very not over Jeff Jarrett, you have new champ Austin stunning McMahon and getting arrested, the follow up promos by both Vince and Austin, X-Pac returns and cuts his hot promo, the new DX forms with the Outlaws Vs. Cactus/Funk cage match, The Rock assumes the role of Nation ruler and the group kicks out Faarooq after months of build, the first Val Venis vignette,  Dan Severn debuts, Bearer challenges Taker to an Inferno match against Kane....I just remember being so captivated with the show when it aired that so much happened on one show, and there was so much of it I was interested by and wanted to see what happened next.

Archived