Big Van Vader is a piece of sh*t

kostan

PCW must be gutted, as I bet after the turnVader put in first time round, his appearance on Friday night was purely part of a larger deal with WXWand/or an gent handing bookings for others like Funk.

if the fact pattern set out by WXW is accurate, can't help feel sorry for them, not just in financial services terms (costs they might not et back plusrefunds to fans) but also the mental shutdown of already ssatisfying yourself he would be there. I reckon that would have been assumed from the minute he arrived in Europe.

On a less serious note I'd love to have heard Terry Funk's conversation with him. Surely not too dissimilar to persuading the veteran to referee at his retirement show, as seen on Beyond the Mat.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funk: Leon, you have to be there.

Vader: But I'm not booked.

Funk: I want you there.

Vader: But I'm not booked Terry

Funk: you have been booked for over six months lad

Vader:.... I'm not getting out of my chair, Fuck off.

Not sure if it'll have anything to do with it but I was chatting to him in the hotel in preston yesterday morning, he was in a bit of a panic, came up to me and asked me if I knew someone (can't remember the name) who was supposed to have picked him up there..but he'd been ringing them and couldn't get hold of them.

Bit later we left him waiting on the kerb outside looking lost.. So could have something to do with that?

Straying away from hypotheticals but wasn't Vader great. He's probably underrated as a wrestler due to his lackluster WWF run but he was pretty fantastic before then. Believable and awe inspiring. It seemslike the WWF was one of the few places he went to where he just didn't fit in.

Not sure if it'll have anything to do with it but I was chatting to him in the hotel in preston yesterday morning, he was in a bit of a panic, came up to me and asked me if I knew someone (can't remember the name) who was supposed to have picked him up there..but he'd been ringing them and couldn't get hold of them.

Bit later we left him waiting on the kerb outside looking lost.. So could have something to do with that?

Maybe I'm naive but I find it hard to believe Vader would come all the way here, do one show then suddenly quit for no good reason. This post suggests big Leon was becoming exasperated with some form of unprofessionally disorganised comedy of errors.

Vader is an easy target but if I was waiting to go to a foreign country where I don't speak the language and the people looking after me don't turn up when they say they will or are uncontactable, I'd be reluctant to go too. I'd like to hear the whole story before I start ripping into Vader, the German promoter or the guys that were looking after him in the UK with PCW.

• Paid Members

Maybe I'm naive but I find it hard to believe Vader would come all the way here, do one show then suddenly quit for no good reason. This post suggests big Leon was becoming exasperated with some form of unprofessionally disorganised comedy of errors.

Vader is an easy target but if I was waiting to go to a foreign country where I don't speak the language and the people looking after me don't turn up when they say they will or are uncontactable, I'd be reluctant to go too. I'd like to hear the whole story before I start ripping into Vader, the German promoter or the guys that were looking after him in the UK with PCW.

Vader speaks German. More than enough to survive in the country. Words out of his mouth on Friday to Terry Funk.

Vader speaks German. More than enough to survive in the country. Words out of his mouth on Friday to Terry Funk.

Speaking German still wouldn't get him to the airport, when we left him it was getting on for 11, so not as if it was really early, and the guy hadn't come to pick him up... Not surprised he had the hump.. If I was in another country stranded id be the same

Maybe it was a bit of a trek for him to go to Germany then get back to North Wales for comicon today and he just thought fuck it. If he's the only guy who's booked on both shows it's feasible he was panicking about making both so decided to play it safe and stay over here where he'll make the most money.

Vader being stranded as the reason he missed the German show is hard to believe. Funk, Corino and Masters were also on the PCW show in the UK and they all left together to the airport. Wouldnt it be weird then for one of the four guys to have to deal with his own travel schedules while the other three are taken care of?

Yeah but it's only Vader who is booked for the Comicon in Wrexham today I think. If this is the case and the transport to Germany had a few hitches that got his back up then it's fair to assume that he'd get anxious about getting to Germany then back to the UK in such a small window. Purely speculative of coarse but until we hear a version from the man himself we won't know.

Maybe it was a bit of a trek for him to go to Germany then get back to North Wales for comicon today and he just thought fuck it. If he's the only guy who's booked on both shows it's feasible he was panicking about making both so decided to play it safe and stay over here where he'll make the most money.

Vader wasn't the only one who wrestled at PCW, next day show in Germany and day after that had to appear at the Comic Con @ Wales: Chris Masters has the exact same bookings and he did make it to the German show.

http://www.walescomiccon.com/#/film-media/4580695514

Archived