Big Van Vader is a piece of sh*t

kostan

Big Van Vader was supposed to make an appearance at wXw in Germany yesterday (afternoon at the convention, evening wrestling a match), but decided to no show,

even though he was booked 6 months in advance and was in Europe.

The previous night he made an appearance in the UK (along with Funk, Masters and Corino, who all also were booked for the show in Germany the day after), but decided on

the spot that he wouldnt leave his hotel room for his flight to Germany.

Note to all ppl in Europe: please never book this unreliable piece of shit again!

Official statement from wXw:

Vader refuses to board plane

Vader, Funk, Masters and Corino - they all arrived yesterday in England. Harry Smith arrived last night directly in Germany, the wXw office already met with John Morrison yesterday evening for dinner. After Shane Douglas' cancellation, all further guest stars seemed to be a lock, but ten minutes ago, we received a message that we never would have anticipated.

Our trainers and mentors implied to us again and again how important professionalism and respect are in this business, but today we learned how these golden rules can be put into question in an instant, even by a veteran of multiple decades.

This morning, when Terry Funk, Chris Masters and Steve Corino were about to gt into their booked cab to the airport, Big Van Vader refused to leave his hotel room. Various attempts by our English partner promoter [author's note: probably Steven Fludder of Preston City Wrestling, where all talent appeared last night], Masters and the end Terry Funk himself to convince Vader otherwise proved fruitless. After Vader already refused to wrestle his agreed-upon match last night, today he decided that, despite already having received an advance payment, the fact that there is a sold out meet & greet session for him and the fact that we promoted the event around him, he would not fulfill his contractual obligations.

We are deeply ashamed at having to make this announcement, but Big Van Vader will not be in Oberhausen today. After already agreeing to a huge list of concessions and special conditions for Mr. White, to be able to present you one of the biggest stars in wrestling history, this is a slap in the face for us. We can only imagine how big your disappointment must be, but as far as Vader is concerned, we are facing you empty-handed today.

Even though we already paid Vader, we of course offer to return the money to everybody who purchased tickets for his photo session.

For us, it's going off to the arena and finish the preparations now... clean the egg off our faces and keep going... let's take a symbolic stand in Oberhausen today - we are not dependent on an unprofessional moneygrubbing guy, if we want to celebrate our sport!

--- End of statement ---

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The show in Germany took place yesterday and was awesome. Terry Funk John Morrison, Davey Boy Jr, Chris Masters, Steve Corino and the wXw regulars tore the house down.

But what pisses me off is that many fans, including me, were very much looking forward to seeing Vader. Many photo + autograph tickets were sold. The promotion also made lots of expenses for him, including flight arrangements etc. This ass was booked 6 months in advance, if not longer. And then he IS in Europe. Wrestlers who were on the same show the previous night ALSO go to Germany, but he just isnt bothered to leave his hotel room. WTF?????????????

He has screwed a lot of people with this unprofessional behaviour.

P.s. Kristian, I'm not part of wXw office or anything like that. I am just a wXw/ pro wrestling fan who was at the show and is pissed by this unprofessional behaviour of a "legend"....

Devon, if you know more, please do share.

If not, I wonder if you'd have replied the way you did if you also were very much looking forward to seeing him after he was announced for this show more than 6 months ago and he decided he didnt want to leave the UK for one day to meet his obligations and therefor fuck about 500 fans and a well respected promotion in wXw.

If not, I wonder if you'd have replied the way you did if you also were very much looking forward to seeing him after he was announced for this show more than 6 months ago and he decided he didnt want to leave the UK for one day to meet his obligations and therefor fuck about 500 fans and a well respected promotion in wXw.

He's already used his e-pitchfork.

I'll get my coat....

Heard a lot of bad shit about Vader. Think he got criticized the last time he was over here as well. He's a big beast man, I wouldn't wanna be the one who's trying to convinced him to leave his room. Remember when he flipped his lid in Kuwait?

Also, I miss threads like this. You don't get half as many anymore, promoters shooting on wrestlers. It's great.

• Paid Members

I didn't know anything until I read this topic. All I'm saying is there are two sides to every story, aren't there? It doesn't look to me as though you have actually bothered to check Vader's reasons for no-showing at all judging by the rants you've posted here.

If he hasn't turned up because he couldn't be arsed, fair enough, he's a big piece of shit. But it would be prudent to find out the reasons why that was first, wouldn't it?

I didn't know anything until I read this topic. All I'm saying is there are two sides to every story, aren't there? It doesn't look to me as though you have actually bothered to check Vader's reasons for no-showing at all judging by the rants you've posted here.

If he hasn't turned up because he couldn't be arsed, fair enough, he's a big piece of shit. But it would be prudent to find out the reasons why that was first, wouldn't it?

Hopefully he'll sign up and let us know why.

• Paid Members
Is it as simple as united players not trying, or just they were set up totally against their strengths by Moyes defensive tactics?

Knock-on effect. He had them playing in a more restrained fashion and then they probably became fed up.

The problem with Moyes is that there was no middle ground. There were some matches where he was set up in far too attacking a fashion. It was just such a strangely muddled performance by him as manager, rarely did he seem as though he knew exactly what he was doing.

He's in Wrexham today isn't he? Maybe the UKFF can send round Butch as our roving reporter to clear the air.

Did David Moyes no-show wXw as well?! kostan, why didn't you mention this?!

"Also, I miss threads like this. You don't get half as many anymore, promoters shooting on wrestlers. It's great. "

LEGIT, please note I am not a promoter, nor am I connected to the specific promotion. I am just a dissappointed fan.

"I didn't know anything until I read this topic. All I'm saying is there are two sides to every story, aren't there? It doesn't look to me as though you have actually bothered to check Vader's reasons for no-showing at all judging by the rants you've posted here.

If he hasn't turned up because he couldn't be arsed, fair enough, he's a big piece of shit. But it would be prudent to find out the reasons why that was first, wouldn't it?"

Devon, I get your point and I fully agree. But if there was a legit reason why he couldnt get on the plane, why hasn't he shared it with the promoter in Germany? That would be the wise, logic and professional thing to do.

Archived