Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

I remember me and Iandrewdiceclay went to see his standup (we enjoyed Ken Dodds standup more and left midway through Dodd)

He was canny with me cause I took Tietam Brown for him to sign but was proper arsey with Ian as he had a Hogan shirt in saying something like "I hope you wear a Mick Foley shirt when you go to meet Hogan" Petty we thought. Every appearance he makes now I get a horrible 'oh give it a rest Mick' feeling. His faux angry promos that he cut on CM Punk were cringe inducing. He's pervy with any young lass (and wears sweatpants you can see a hard-on through) and I remember Test had a go at him once backstage from creeping round Stacey Kiebler (good on Test, rest his soul) and I for one am embarrassed by him. Great thread!

So are you now NotMickFan?

Wasn't sure whether this warranted a new thread or put it in random thoughts or what, but as Foley's at the top I went with here. I've only just come across this finding... According to mookieghana, Mankind was technically the best-drawing WWF champion as far as attendance goes.

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/avghouseshow

wswa6w.jpg[

Some of those figures don't look right at all, though. And there are mitigating factors there, I'm fairly sure a lot of shows during Mankind's title runs were headlined by Austin matches, and during Big Show's reign, wasn't he working midcard matches with Bossman?

Edited by King Pitcos

Wasn't sure whether this warranted a new thread or put it in random thoughts or what, but as Foley's at the top I went with here. I've only just come across this finding... According to mookieghana, Mankind was technically the best-drawing WWF champion as far as attendance goes.

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/avghouseshow

wswa6w.jpg[

Some of those figures don't look right at all, though. And there are mitigating factors there, I'm fairly sure a lot of shows during Mankind's title runs were headlined by Austin matches, and during Big Show's reign, wasn't he working midcard matches with Bossman?

Is this an average of all house shows during a champions reign or just the ones the champion appeared on? During Hogan and Savages reigns there were three house shows per night - only one with the world champ appearing. Edited by fraserbee

• Paid Members

The figures for Mankind and Big Show aren't really very telling given the low number of days as champion. The figures for Austin, Rock and HHH are more impressive given they had the belt far more.

Austin had the title for 529 days and drew an average of 9,610. That's 5 million asses in seats.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Foley was usually champion when Austin was on extended leave. I remember that period where Foley and Rock were trading titles, Austin was filming skits at home in the lead up to the Royal Rumble. He was pretty banged up.

Aye, I've just checked it. They drew an 18,000 house for a Mankind vs Kane main event, with Rock vs Undertaker on the card as well. There were a few Mankind vs Rock vs Undertaker vs Bossman subbing for Austin as well, so a lot of Mick's tickets had advertised Austin.

Why is Hogan's average so low?

You can't leave Kane out when Abeyance is on the list.

Is this an average of all house shows during a champions reign or just the ones the champion appeared on? During Hogan and Savages reigns there were three house shows per night - only one with the world champ appearing.

I'd assume it's the former, as Vacant never used to wrestle on house shows.

Edited by King Pitcos

How was Kane ever meant to lose that match at KOTR with the "First Blood" stipulation considering he wears a mask? I think we all knew Austin was gonna drop the title that night. The big surprise was them having the rematch on Raw the next night with Austin winning it back. Surely they could've let Kane hold it until Fully Loaded.

I think they pretty much booked themselves into a corner with that one, so gave Kane the strap at the PPV but wanted to get it back onto Austin asap, also to pop the rating for the rematch on raw accordin to another thread on here ....Still a very cool info chart, wonder what the average attendances would be like for the more recent champions.. Thinking what Pitcos said, how come Hogans average is that low?

Edited by Sweet Clyde