Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

1997 Raw has started to be added, which is very exciting for me. Jan and Feb, minus one episode from Jan, which will be added soon, are on there.

Good news, ive been watching RAWs and PPVs in order starting from just before Survivor Series 1996 to fully enjoy seeing the transition into attitude era Raw. I only originally got Sky in June 1997 and even just the 6 month gap the show is so different, still no staging and so obviously taped and even TL Hopper is still getting airtime.

There is a 25minute first look preview of the Jerry Lawler DVD set in the Network Originals. That's a set I'm really looking forward to as there is so much stuff I've never seen from the Memphis days.

There is also a first look at the Daniel Bryan DVD set going up this week

Edited by WyattSheepMask

The things you find out on watching old raws!! Pre kotr 93 raw featured a very non pc chant from the nyc crowd of 'Mr Hughes shine my shoes' promptly followed by a very loud 'hogan sucks' chant, hogan being the absent wwf champion then. And hbk v crush was a bonus match not for the title originally as Jannetty was champ for a week or two.

I get sick of hearing about the Monday night wars and the nwo and the attitude era and the demise of wcw in general. I know it's favored heavily in wwe land but it's been done to death.

As they now have the first few episodes from 1997 up, that includes the episode which has the finals of the European Title tournament between Bulldog & Owen and from what I recall being a very good match between Mankind & Sid

Im upto the episode before that and looking forward to it. Watching from between Survivor Series 96 to just after the Final Four PPV in February there is a sharp increase in quality in the shows. The presentation of the mayhem over the title between Sid, Austin, Taker, Bret and others is top notch and there are strong performances throughout. Brets story from the returning hero at SS96 to his present form of bitching and beginning to turn heel is briliant. Im convinced its one of the best stories told in wrestling as Bret has genuine gripes and it just plays out perfectly. 

Vince leaving the announcers desk and leaving JR and King to it feels huge too, the two just gel instantly and it feels like a proper announce team for the first time. 

Im surprised to say it too, but the ECW episode is a bit of a let down and I was kind of left annoyed that it got so much time as it left little time for the brilliant stories they were telling on RAW at the time. 

A few questions from this though, was it supposed to be Shawn vs Bret at mania before Shawns 'injury' and where did that leave Austin, Sid and Taker? Also, why was Bret givent he title for one night at Final Four? Was it simply to further his screwed story or did plans change again late doors and they wanted Taker to go over Sid? Looking at it, it didnt feel right having Bret going into Mania as champion, im just surprised they gave him the belt for one night. 

Anyone watch the Network via Amazon Fire TV Stick? Cant get anything to actually play, I sit watching the loading screen. Shouldnt have any problems with the broadband speeds etc.

Just wondered if anyone else had same issues? Solutions?

I use the Amazon stick. It does buffer a bit on one show, then play fine on another, so I guess that's the Network itself, but most shows and all live streaming is great, and the picture quality on my TV is fantastic on NXT, PPVs etc.

I use the Amazon stick. It does buffer a bit on one show, then play fine on another, so I guess that's the Network itself, but most shows and all live streaming is great, and the picture quality on my TV is fantastic on NXT, PPVs etc.

Strange... you just run the app from the Amazon Appstore?

I have problems with it in general in terms of freezing/buffering on a range of platforms. My internet speed is well over 20mbps so I know it isn't that. I heard before that they have a limit on the download/streaming speed but I am unsure how that could be the issue as surely they wouldn't make the limit lower than a fluid speed.

Also been getting a 'Fatal Error' on PS3 every now and then when I select a certain series.

None of these are continuous issues (the freezing is a bit annoying though), but can creep up from time to time.

Strange... you just run the app from the Amazon Appstore?

Yeh. It's not perfect, but it's gotta be the Network itself. For example last night I watched Rene Young's show, an episode of Tough Enough and one ECW match, and they all played perfectly. Then I put Great American Bash 08 on and it was buffering every 20 seconds.

• Awards Moderator

I suspect they distribute content among different servers, varying in quality and geography. How they choose that bar the very latest content is a bit random.