Colt Cabana & Friends Hang out and Provide Commentary On Bad Wrest

Chris Brooker

A quick heads up for folk around these parts.

1377113_469000853198857_1460828797_n.jpg

In October Colt will be taking his Edinburgh Festival show on the road for a few dates around the country. Admittedly we'll be flying without Brendon Burns but myself and Billy Kirkwood will be on hand. We did one of the nights with him at The Stand in August and it was a blast. Going to be hitting London on 21st October, Manchester on 22nd and Leeds on the 23rd.

It's essentially the international version of $5 Wrestling, think Mystery Science Theatre 3000 meets Botchamania.

Good, solid geeky wrestling fun and we may have a few extra surprises and/or guests along the way.

Tickets on sale right here right now.

A good question. This has all come about on somewhat short notice so I'm picking up details as we go. I'll ask the man himself and see what he says. When Billy and I did the show in The 'Burgh it was all stuff he had on his laptop but we have a bit more time to play with on the tour so I can't see why he wouldn't be open to having some BYO action.

A good question. This has all come about on somewhat short notice so I'm picking up details as we go. I'll ask the man himself and see what he says. When Billy and I did the show in The 'Burgh it was all stuff he had on his laptop but we have a bit more time to play with on the tour so I can't see why he wouldn't be open to having some BYO action.

Don't mean to be a party pooper but isn't that illegal for copyright issues involving the Public Exhibition of others material?

• Paid Members
I don't really understand what this is? You just sit down and watch at TV while other people tell you that what you're watching is crap? Or is it more like a Rocky Horror interactive kind of deal but with Colt Cabana joining in?

I see it as a like a live version of Mystery Science Theatre with wrestling. Is it like that Brooker man?

Yes, that's the nail hit on the head. Very much like Mystery Science Theatre 3000 in that it's live improvised commentary over clips of various matches. Plenty of interaction with the audience and jokes along the way. Billy Kirkwood and I will also be doing some of I Am The Tag Team Champions as warm up so it'll be a good night.

This was The Skinny's review of the night in Edinburgh.

I saw the Brendon Burns-inclusive version of the show in Edinburgh and it was a very fun way to spend an hour stupidly late at night in a sweaty little room full of drunk wrestling fans. I dunno that I'd be fussed with it outside the context of the Fringe and without Burnsy though, unless there was a gig really local to me. But then I'm a massive Brendon Burns mark. Good luck with it anyway guys, hope its a success.

Archived