Dexter Season 8 - The Final Season

Steve Justice

I've just read on the official Dexter Facebook page that it is confirmed that this is the final season. I can't link at the moment, I'm typing this on my phone and it's a pain in the arse just to do that.

Probably a good time to end it now, though I'm sure others will argue it should have been sooner.

Doesn't the season start earlier in the year this time too?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finally caught up with Dexter. Watched Seasons 2 - 7 between January and March. Looking forward to Season 8, and I read also it was the final season a few weeks back. Be interesting to see how they end it.

Yeah definitely time to call it a day. The plot holes have become more glaring over time and the writing is generally poor. Dexter has become unbelievably reckless compared to the series 1 version of him to the point where it's completely unbelievable he's still getting away with it (e.g. abducting and murdering someone in an airport). It also really annoys me how the internal monologue scenes with his Dad fills in every little thing and sppon feeds the audience.

I used to love Dexter probably from series 5 onwards it's become more and more of a chore to watch. It has provided some great supporting characters though such as Trinity, Brian, Isaac and Lundy and it's probably on their strength it's gone as long as it has.

• Paid Members

Dexter has been pretty shit since season 5. The first half of last season was good but it went rapidly downhill. Glad it's coming to an end. Dexter has basically turned into a complete retard at this point. Deborah has been carrying the show the last few seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

I also think it's time to end it, the last season was quite good, this season i expect will be good - if there's any time they're going to put effort in it's this season and i really like the premise for a final here.

This year is turning out to be a massive one when it comes to final series - Dexter, Breaking Bad and Burn Notice (which gets no where near enough love).

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Is this a US or UK Pace thread? It started in America last night but doesn't start over til this Sunday coming.

Alright folks.

Well, as mentioned above, I was shocked to find out last night Dexter season will be on FOX over here only 1 week behind the US. Normally it's something like 6 months or something like that.

I will be watching at UK pace as it's only a few days.

It came up once they had finished showing season 7 in may. add in dexter being moved forward a few months in america and so there's been less than a two month gap between series over here. It's pretty much the same gap between us and uk that homeland is on channel 4

• Paid Members
It came up once they had finished showing season 7 in may. add in dexter being moved forward a few months in america and so there's been less than a two month gap between series over here. It's pretty much the same gap between us and uk that homeland is on channel 4

I've never watched Dexter on Fox due to the delay. This is the first time ever Dexter has had a July release date in the US and for the past 7 seasons debuted in the US in September and subsequently then aired in the UK on FOX/FX in February. It's never been 2 months.

• Paid Members

i've seen episoode 1, i'll keep chat down because it looks like people are waiting for the UK air date....but i will say that there's one particular scene involving Batista's sister Jamie that might very well be my favorite scene in the history of Dexter, good lord.

• Paid Members
there's one particular scene involving Batista's sister Jamie that might very well be my favorite scene in the history of Dexter, good lord.

I loved this episode. It was amazing. This was far and away the highlight of the entire world of Dexter

(not involving Arthur Mitchell)

As the non downloaders/streamers are only a week behind, it's only fair we keep this at UK pace. Any discussion from the US pacers should be spoiler tagged.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Jaime~

One thing I've liked about the last couple of seasons is the 'no fucking about, let's get straight to it' way they've adopted with the opening episodes. Other than the guy who cuts out bits of brains, we know who's who and can sort of see the direction the season is going.

Dr. Vogal, I think, was some kind of child psychologist that Harry sent Dexter to see when he was a kid. I can't see how else she would know about Harry's code. She said at the end that he can't kill her because of Harry's code, but Dexter has killed people who have gotten in his way before who don't fit the code. Doakes is a good example.

Debs is fucked up, which was expected. I think Dexter might actually off her.

As much as I love Batista as a character, the writers really don't know what to fucking do with him. He's fucking useless. Should have been killed off long before now.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 4 weeks later...

Archived