Dexter Season 8 - The Final Season

Steve Justice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scene with Angel and Masuka watching Dexter actually kill Saxon was perhaps the most ridiculous thing in the show's history...

Angel: You killed him. How do we explain this?

Dexter: It was self-defence.

Angel: Oh....well, that makes it perfectly fine. Don't worry Dexter, we'll sort this out. Now off you escape to Argentina. Bye!

Don't know if you lot realise, but this thread was in pace with UK screening. Effectively you've just ruined next week's ep on Fox.

To be honest, I don't give a shit anymore as it's been dog crap, but someone may be pissed off.

Doesn't say that on the thread title... tbh if I hadn't watched it and cared about spoilers, last place I'd go was in the Dexter thread on the day of the finale.

For those pissed off at the ending, this might send you over the edge

Clyde Phillips served as an executive producer and showrunner on Dexter in the early years, helping shape the series for its first four seasons until he decided to leave the show in late 2009, at the end of the Trinity Killer (John Lithgow) season, which ended with Rita's shocking death.

Turns out, he did have a very specific ending in mind, and it's possibly one of the best series-finale ideas I've ever heard.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"I haven't shared this with anyone," Philips told me. "And I can tell you that this is what I personally would have done should I have stayed with the show. I chose not to stay with the show, and so everybody did what they did, and I had no problem with that

• Paid Members
For those pissed off at the ending, this might send you over the edge

Clyde Phillips served as an executive producer and showrunner on Dexter in the early years, helping shape the series for its first four seasons until he decided to leave the show in late 2009, at the end of the Trinity Killer (John Lithgow) season, which ended with Rita's shocking death.

Turns out, he did have a very specific ending in mind, and it's possibly one of the best series-finale ideas I've ever heard.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"I haven't shared this with anyone," Philips told me. "And I can tell you that this is what I personally would have done should I have stayed with the show. I chose not to stay with the show, and so everybody did what they did, and I had no problem with that

• Paid Members

i thought the final episode was the best part of the final season which was lousy. I was on board with the show until the final season, i know a lot of people lost interest but i was still enjoying it. The final season really was the shits though.

I thought the Deb/Dexter conclusion was well handled and was pretty touching, the brother/sister dynamic was probably the only part of the show i still had any interest in.

What was with the end scene though? I know they like to keep things open, but it just seemed unnecessary.

Ahhhh well, it was a decent ride.

• Paid Members

here's producer Sara Colleton's view on the finale...

Going into exile away from everything that he knows and has become attached [to] in his whole infrastructure is a more fitting punishment for what his journey toward being a human being has cost everyone around him. If the central idea from the pilot on was: Here

Archived