Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

The other thread.

And might I add, "what a ridiculous question". Who is going to play Ser Is-In-The-Books-But-Hasn't-Debuted-On-Telly-Yet? I vote for Vinny Jones, or Charlotte Rampling.

The question really is if something is 'announced' does it count as a spoiler? for any other show it would be posted but in spoiler tags but as this one's a bit more sensitive it makes sense to check so everyone is clear...

• Moderators

I don't want to see any of that. Even if it is announced, it's an announcement about a character that hasn't appeared yet.

And only people who have read the book should really care, because as Billy D pointed out none of the rest of us know the characters.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but... whatever. Tough shit! :p

Furthermore I don't even understand why you want to discuss it in this thread.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Can all the book-knobs just steer clear of this thread entirely? The smugness irritates me more than the spoilers. You have your own thread to whack each other off in, so please stick to it.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

• Paid Members
Can all the book-knobs just steer clear of this thread entirely?

No.

I've read most of the books, but not all of them, therefore I'm not going to visit the book thread for fear of spoilers (though I briefly visited it earlier to find out about these series 5 characters).

But in the meantime, I still want to discuss the show, so I come in here. As long as anyone that reads the books purely discusses the show and without giving any book info out, then there shouldn't be a problem.

• Paid Members
I don't want to see any of that. Even if it is announced, it's an announcement about a character that hasn't appeared yet.

And only people who have read the book should really care, because as Billy D pointed out none of the rest of us know the characters.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but... whatever. Tough shit! :p

Furthermore I don't even understand why you want to discuss it in this thread.

Amen!

I hate talk of bleeding next weeks preview too.

• Moderators

Hahaha.. That has just reminded me of doing the same for the "Next time on Arrested Development" bits when that show first aired.

It wasn't until I saw those segments were still in there on the DVDs that I realised that it was actually part of the show and wasn't even in the next week's episode.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

John Snow bores the life out of me. I don't even know whether it's the character or Kit Harrington's portrayal of him.

I dunno, he looks the part and has the odd moment but for the most part I feel bad for him for being Ned's bastard who grew up with Lady Stark being a cunt to him. Part of me thinks he'll be the hero of the series just because he's so wet and it would be very unthronesy to actually have a hero who is both cool and likeable. Yeah, he's a goner.

• Paid Members
Hahaha.. That has just reminded me of doing the same for the "Next time on Arrested Development" bits when that show first aired.

It wasn't until I saw those segments were still in there on the DVDs that I realised that it was actually part of the show and wasn't even in the next week's episode.

"Next time on Game of Thrones" done AD-style would be wonderful.

"... Hodor breaks character"

• Paid Members
John Snow bores the life out of me. I don't even know whether it's the character or Kit Harrington's portrayal of him.

I dunno, he looks the part and has the odd moment but for the most part I feel bad for him for being Ned's bastard who grew up with Lady Stark being a cunt to him. Part of me thinks he'll be the hero of the series just because he's so wet and it would be very unthronesy to actually have a hero who is both cool and likeable. Yeah, he's a goner.

I wouldnt say he bores me, but he is one depressing MOFO. I think its because his idea of winning means he gets to grow old in the fucking snow and cold with no women.....talking to sam for the next 40 years on top of a huge ice wall.

Still out of all the stark lads he seems to be the best off.