The WrestleMania weekend iPPV thread

JNLister

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does CMLL have it's own offical YT like AAA uploading cards and stuff? I need to see Black Terry again, it's almost as if he seemed to disappear last year.

No not really. Its either a live, completely legal, free stream on Terra or there's someone on DailyMotion who uploads them but I can't remember who. The downside is the quality can be iffy. Black Terry is working in pretty random trios on IWRG shows though which make their way online. Although the last time I tried to watch one of those matches it had two shitty guys from Dragon Gate or something. They really weren't very good. Even if they were his team mates Terry should have just chopped them to obliteration or ripped their heads off or something.

• Paid Members
Does CMLL have it's own offical YT like AAA uploading cards and stuff? I need to see Black Terry again, it's almost as if he seemed to disappear last year.

No not really. Its either a live, completely legal, free stream on Terra or there's someone on DailyMotion who uploads them but I can't remember who. The downside is the quality can be iffy. Black Terry is working in pretty random trios on IWRG shows though which make their way online. Although the last time I tried to watch one of those matches it had two shitty guys from Dragon Gate or something. They really weren't very good. Even if they were his team mates Terry should have just chopped them to obliteration or ripped their heads off or something.

Best bet is to follow the blog at http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/ -- he posts links to most matches that are on TV, along with doing a weekly list of good/excellent/great matches.

Did/does one of the PWS shows this week/weekend have Demolitions vs Rock'n'Roll Express?

As best I can tell that was originally scheduled for last night but replaced with RnRs-Briscoes.

I'm at EVOLVE and ROH tomorrow and will be live tweeting at the former if there's free wifi. Ditto both CHIKARA & DGUSA on Saturday.

ROH will be my first proper taste of the promotion since I gave up on the DVDs after Davey Richards won the title in June 2011. I am looking forward to being part of a sold out Hammerstein Ballroom crowd and cheering Michael Elgin vs Jay Lethal.

Very similar ippv attendance for me : EVOLVE onto ROH, followed by Kauji Big Battle, not sure if $5 wrestling is ippv this time but I will be there & DGUSA on Sunday. Still worried about getting from EVOLVE to ROH, may have to leave early (!) as no way I'm missing Hammerstein Ballroom, one of the my bucket list wrestling venues, not too fussed about ROH line up to be honest but should still be a decent show with a cracking atmosphere.

Gutted I'm not doing DGUSA on Saturday night, clashes with H of F, Gargano v Shingo will be off the charts. I personally love DGUSA & EVOLVE, I really hope they get some good crowds like they had during last years Mania weekend as its sole destroying to see them doing shows to 50 people, especially for EVOLVE as numerous ippvs this year have suffered from fans sitting on their hands through EVOLVE waiting for the CZW ippv to come on after.

Rematch of Tozawa v Shingo on Sunday, can't believe I will see this twice in the same year.

EVOLVE will have some stunning flyers in the opener, Samurai Del Sol & Jigsaw - that will be worth seeing.Chuckie T is always good for a laugh and Jon Davis has come on a hell of a lot. The EVOLVE title tournament has almost a years build up to it, just hope I don't have to leave & miss the final.

• Paid Members

Special request: As this is a multi-show thread and there's so much going on over the next few days, I'd suggest a modified version of spoiler policy to run until next Thursday. If you've watched/attended a show, please do talk about whether you enjoyed it and whether it's worth people buying a replay. However, please spoiler tag any mention of results and the like. Please also add a line to explain what show the stuff in the spoiler tag refers to.

• Paid Members

And with that in mind, a couple of people's feedback on Twitter from the first night of PWS: RnRs-Briscoes "Depends on your expectations. It was super short" and " It was the type of match that probably came off a lot better live to fans who mostly had never seen R&R in person."

"The show in general fits into "probably better live." I had a lot of fun."

"[worth paying]$10 for the show on IPPV yes, just for that match not necessarily"

I

Rematch of Tozawa v Shingo on Sunday, can't believe I will see this twice in the same year.

Didn't realise that was booked, might have to shell out for the Dragongate show for that.

I imagine Tanahashi and Okada will have a belter on the NJPW show as well.

Tozawa v Ricochet on DGUSA Saturday show too. if it wasn't for H of F being at MSG, another wrestling venue on my bucket list I would be there for this show. I'm going to order the ippv but have no idea when I will get to watch it.

These two not only have the wrestling ability but could have a comedy match at the same time as anyone who went to the DG:UK shows this year will know. Shame Genki isn't here with his "special weapon" elastic band.

It's a shame the cards are more American-indy than Japanese DG. Shows how fortunate the UK market has been to have so many of the proper Japanese DG talents on the shows over here. On a different note, if I was over there, I'd definitely be going to the Big Banzai Battle thing. Sounds an absolute blast, particulalrly if absolutely blasted!

I'll be getting the Shimmer iPPV, and may well get New Japan too. On top of that I'll probably watch CMLL at a later date, assuming that it will still be up for free to watch. That's it though, the ROH stuff doesn't hold my interest at all.

• Paid Members

I think the CMLL stream is live only, though they may show up via TV. As far as I can tell, they always stream the first three matches on the Sunday night shows, but are (I hope) doing the whole thing this week because it's a big show.

Trying to watch the Evolve ippv but stream keeps cutting out and missed most of first match,Looking at twitter seems like its a problem for everyone seems like karma is biting gabe in the arse. If it carrys on fucking up i will be canceling my plans to watch DGUSA Ippvs

Archived