The WrestleMania weekend iPPV thread

JNLister

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really disappointed in today.

I got Evolve and was quite excited, but there was a thirty minute delay on the show starting because of stream issues. Eventually they started without it and couldn't get it running well until the 3rd match. It then died again in the second to last match. They've offered everyone a free VOD show, but if I were them I would fix the problem for DGUSA tomorrow night and give us that free, to show they can do it better.

Then ROH was pretty good, although some quality blips, until the very end and the stream died for the big ending to the main event!

I've already bought DGUSA's Sunday show, but I was considering giving them another shot tomorrow. Maybe not now. Interestingly I've also been watching Invicta FC on UStream, same price as Evolve and $5 cheaper than ROH. No issues, and this is only their fifth event. NJPW use UStream too with no issues - maybe other companies should too?

• Paid Members

Well, live that was a tale of two shows.

EVOLVE was a massive disappointment, despite the numbers the crowd were dead, the booking was really bad and the action was mostly meandering. I'm worried about the atmosphere at the rest of the WrestleCon shows I'm going to now.

ROH was much more purposeful. The matches felt like events, delivered good action and being in the sold out Hammerstein was an experience. Then there was the ending!

I'm jumping back on the ROH train somewhat after this, having bought 11th anniversary on DVD.

After yesterday's problems, ROH posted this on Facebook...

We would like to apologize to anyone who experienced an outage during the main event. We are looking into the issue right now.

The ENTIRE "SUPERCARD OF HONOR VII" (including the complete Main Event) is available for Immediate On Demand viewing at ROHWRESTLING.co

Really disappointed in today.

I got Evolve and was quite excited, but there was a thirty minute delay on the show starting because of stream issues. Eventually they started without it and couldn't get it running well until the 3rd match. It then died again in the second to last match. They've offered everyone a free VOD show, but if I were them I would fix the problem for DGUSA tomorrow night and give us that free, to show they can do it better.

Then ROH was pretty good, although some quality blips, until the very end and the stream died for the big ending to the main event!

I've already bought DGUSA's Sunday show, but I was considering giving them another shot tomorrow. Maybe not now. Interestingly I've also been watching Invicta FC on UStream, same price as Evolve and $5 cheaper than ROH. No issues, and this is only their fifth event. NJPW use UStream too with no issues - maybe other companies should too?

I highly doubt using Ustream would be any better. The iPPV system relies on either the building having a solid connection which you can use or using a USB dongle with 4G. Both companies will have the right servers in place to enable everyone to watch it will be a case of the connection being poor. From what I can gather CZW's PPV went of without a hitch. Just to give you an idea the connection is mostly dependant on the upload speed - which needs to be 2.0 MBS at the least IMO.

• Paid Members

The ROH replay looks to be only for people who actually bought it, which is fair enough.

Hope the Evolve screw-up wasn't related to the building, else it's a bad sign for the rest of the weekend.

I saw the PWS night 2 show. They didn't have any technical issues -- very occasionally it froze for half a second or so, but you didn't miss anything. It was the indiest indy show you can imagine. The downside was that it ran far too long because of having too many matches, starting 20 minutes late and having a near 30 minute interval, but during the show itself everything zipped along quickly and the matches were all quite short. It wasn't a show for people who like *** matches, but it was a lot of fun, particularly if you like random bouts and old names showing up. If you can't find pleasure in a fat old Chris Chetti wrestling in a short-sleeved shirt and trousers against Starman from Pro Wrestling on the NES, give this show a miss. Liger-Morrison was decent but not great -- it would be a disappointment if you didn't go into it realising its a 48 year old Liger working a singles match. New Jack-Necro Butcher was exactly as you'd imagine and came with a bonus free story about Marty Janetty and a woman with no arse. Oh, and Drunken Swashbuckler is my favourite wrestler. Minor warning: the show has a lot of clips of finishes from night 1, so if you're thinking you might watch both at some point, make sure to watch night 1 first.

Ringbelles have a preview of Shimmer at http://t.co/qdjbaNd3ep

• Paid Members

Another late start at SHIMMER, plus the time it took to set up the Cage match main event, means the whole day looks like it's going to be behind now. I was desperate for food so left SHIMMER during the main and am now left hoping CHIKARA is late or I'll have missed the beginning.

I guess I should probably go, then.

To their credit, after the Evolve mess Gabe Sapolsky was on Twitter all night and today replying directly to people, and they've offered free VOD. They've also kept the prices of the DGUSA shows at $9.95 for the rest of the weekend, meaning I might give tonight's a go. ROH are apologising for a "momentary" outage that was an "isolated problem"....

• Paid Members

Heads up for New Japan fans: the Friday night show has just popped up on the torrent sites with a pretty decent Shelley-Devitt match. As its for the junior-heavyweight title, you might want to check it out before you watch the iPPV and see who shows up with the belt.

• Paid Members

I'm guessing DGUSA will start late. Chikara only finished about 20 minutes ago and they've got loads of people to get out and then back into the hall.

• Paid Members

I can't imagine what it would be like in the UK watching a DGUSA iPPV when the show goes past midnight US time.

Thankfully for those of us here the main matches really delivered in a big way. I've put specific thoughts on Twitter for now and will probably do a modified write up in the DGUSA thread somewhen after I get back.

Archived