DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Someone once said to me "If you ever get the chance to watch All The Right Moves, dont".

We're forgetting Necessary Roughness, which is of course the best football movie ever made solely on the basis of my hard on for Scott Bakula - my jaw hit the floor when i heard him say fuck.

• Paid Members

Any Given Sunday deserved a better reception than it got. Gets better with each watch.

I'm gonna download The Program when I go home on your recom, Colonel!

My top three football flicks would go as follows:

1. Any Given Sunday
  2. Wildcats
  3. Semi Tough     

A) Good man, you wont be dissapointed - please let me know what you think of it

B) Are you sure that third one is a football movie....

• Paid Members

I was never sure if Semi Tough qualified, but I really enjoyed it regardless. They were football players though.

I also have a soft spot for the Longest Yard remake, mainly due to Big Kev's characters shenanigans while supplementing with estrogen.
And it also has The Crystal Method's 'Roll It Up' playing during a slo-mo shot of Michael Irvin looking all sorts of majestic.

• Paid Members

I was going to mention Rudy, it's everything The Program isnt, but still a very good film.

There's another, i'm sure i've got buried in the garage somewhere from the 80's about a deaf player, or an aspiring deaf player, one of the two.  Any search just throws up The Replacements, so if anyone can think of what that was, then let me know.