• Paid Members

It's the lack of booking ideas that has killed them, not match quality. They aren't particularly good in the ring, but WWE knew that when they put them together and pushed them. The six-week vignette campaign whipped up a hype that Erick Rowan's ring work was never, ever going to live up to. They needed a big angle and they got lumped with Kane.

• Paid Members

The buzz around the Wyatt family was because of this new out of the box set up and gimmick they were doing. Knox and Gallows would have actually had back stories if they were put in the group, which would have added to the aura of the real star of the act (Bray Wyatt). Like how Festus was off his face for most of his adult life and then got off the drugs and followed CM Punk around like a mercenary. When Gallows got sacked, the natural thing for a bloke who needed drugs and then CM Punk as a crutch for his whole career was for him to find someone else who could lead him down a path. You could have had a hybrid of Festus and SES Gallows. And Knox is a big hillbilly away. You could have easily explained his addition to the group. Its not like Knox and Gallows were Hall and Nash. They are just people who are in the back of your mind. I remember when Kama joined the Nation of Domination and my reaction was "ah, that makes sense". Its exactly the type of person I imagined knocking about with Ron Simmons. If they ran the vignettes with Wyatt, Gallows and Knox, I doubt people would have went "lol jobbers". They've been away for so long that hanging around with a weirdo cult leader after they had been sacked is probably what people would expect them to be doing.

It's the lack of booking ideas that has killed them, not match quality.

They have an amazing talker and nobody to back up his words. Not being able walk and scratch their beards at the same time has killed them. If there were better people in the group, WWE would be more inclined to put them in matches. But they aren't so the group is limited to boring squash matches and promos.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Makes you wonder why they got the Gabbo build on Raw. The week before their debut they actually closed the show with a Wyatt vignette after the main event. Nobody at WWE would have been under any impression that these guys were much cop in the ring, so what the fuck was the long term plan? Were they so short sighted that they had nothing planned beyond taking Kane out?

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

I think they were going to have a really long feud with Kane, but the movie studio set in motion a See No Evil sequel so they had to get Kane out of storylines super quick. The inferno match was going to be the final match, but they had to start it off first and I assume work backwards.

Aries vs. Styles and Magnus vs. Roode sound like good BFG Series semi-final matches. Both should be quality. Definitely looks like Styles is winning the whole thing. I guess Magnus may have a bit of a shot too but it's a long shot, I reckon.

Final BFG Series standings:

1. AJ Styles - 49 points (3-2-1 + Battle Royal win)

2. Magnus - 39 points (3-1 + Joker's Wild win)

3. Austin Aries - 35 points (5-1)

4. Bobby Roode - 34 points (2-4 + Tables Match win)

-----------------------------------------

5. Jeff Hardy - 31 points (5-1)

6. Christopher Daniels - 30 points (4-1-1)

7. Kazarian - 29 points (1-4-1 + Ladder Match win)

8. Samoa Joe - 26 points (3-2-1)

9. Mr. Anderson - 24 points (4-2)

10. Joseph Park - 17 points (1-5 + Street Fight win)

11. Hernandez - 7 points (1-5)

11. Jay Bradley - 7 points (1-5)

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

You dont need the spoiler tags. This thread is on US time. But you do bring up a fine point. Especially liked the idea that he could have won the BFG series and wrestled for a title shot in a few weeks, even though he already had one. Fair play to Anderson, though. I thought he was really good on Impact. Which is super surprising. I love how his contract is coming up so he's started acting like he gives a shit.

Also begs the question what is going to happen there. If you follow the basic jist of pro wrestling, Anderson has to win the belt. If he doesn't win the belt, they should either not renew his deal or bring him back in a few months. If he loses he comes across as the biggest fanny. Out of the group, out of the title picture and just a lost soul on the roster. Like when Ed Leslie joined the Warrior and then the Warrior fucked off. They are in a bit of a corner with the Anderson vs Bully match. Anderson leaving is the best thing for TNA. A big contract off the books and someone who really doesn't matter to the roster.

• Paid Members

I actually liked the Anderson thing. I dont like his act at all, but its been so long since he did the whole "Misteeeeeeeerrr ..." stuff, that it was actually a refreshing change from his bad SNL skit stuff he's been doing for months. The fans popped for it, which you have to admire, considering that was hour number 4 in a set of tapings and the fans were booing and getting sick when AJ Styles cut that promo in the first hour of it. And I love a good "back to his old gimmick" story. Even if it is him.

The return to the 'Misssssssssssttttttterrrrrrrrrrrrrr....' thing was actually the most bearable thing about it.

It was the rest of it.

The most frustrating thing about him is that there is the foundations of a good act in there. It's arrogant, it's jock-ish, it's really in your face. But, it's just TOO exaggerated. His delivery makes me angry, and not in a good 'I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS GUY GET BATTERED' way, in a 'what's on the other side?' way. If he reined it in a bit it'd be alright. But he exaggerates every word, in fact he often bounces each syllable in every word around.

Fucking hyperactive prick.

Not that it really matters because, even if he had a tolerable mic act, he'd be exposed the minute he got his milk bottle white flabby belly out and stunk up a ring. I'm terrified he's going to return to trunks, if only because I know the lazy twat won't have made any preparations for it.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

At various times in his career Mr Anderson/Kennedy has had a good look, an over catchphrase, good matches and good promos.

Just not all at the same time.

There's always one bit of the puzzle missing, and it's not like he gets a little bit worse - he goes from really good to really shit. His physique last year was just embarrassing. Some of his promos in Aces and 8s have been wrist-slashingly terrible.

If he could ever get it all sorted out in one company at one time, he'd make money, I know it. But, well, I think lazy is his biggest problem.

Someone on another forum just pointed out that in a couple of months Impact will hit its 500th episode. 500 episodes?! Gees! That's kind of crazy. It doesn't feel like the show's been on the air for that long but yet it has.

Edited by pgi86