I guess Aries is the most notable miss here, plus a Knockouts match. And with my second edit i've remembered Kurt Angle. I'd just have him and Aries wrestle. Find a reason and the match will be great whatever.

Kurt Angle's just came out of rehab. For the first time in a decade he's off pain medication for a extended period of time. I imagine his body is feeling like its been destroyed in a car pileup. He shouldn't be thinking about wrestling for a good while. Anything is possible with TNA, though. TNA and Kurt Angle are a horrible mix. A bloke who doesn't care about his health and a company who doesn't care about his health.

Probably I'm thinking of is that there are no heels. I'm finding it hard to think of a match for Aries, Hardy, Joe and Sting. This card is an impossible task just to fantasy book.

Maybe a money in the bank type match? I don't necessarily mean a multiple ladder match with the winner getting a title shot, but some sort of multi man match where everyone gets a spot to shine, with a prize hanging in the balance (title match, open contract for any match, maybe even a stipulation overturn pass where the winner gets to cancel any stipulation in TNA history, letting them bring back Jarrett, Bichoff or giving Sting another title match).

Okay, so the last one's a bit crap.

• Paid Members

I've seen the Dixie-AJ thing and it was awful on TV, but I'm trying to imagine it in the context of the two-show taping. You go to the venue, see the top four guys in the summer long tournament face off for a main event slot at the year's biggest show, then a world title match, then a supposed X division dream match, then a women's title change, then a six man tag with the biggest remaining stars, and then the night finishes off with the bloke who won the tournament coming out and telling you the whole promotion is shit, followed by the company boss telling you the guy who won the tournament is mediocre, then you go home.

Caught about 1/2 hour of this last night, as I feel guilty for leaving Ian watching TNA with no positive spin....

Brooke Tessmacher is her Aces and 8s outfit is fucking hot. That might be one of the hottest things I've seen in wrestling.

Gunner is a hoss.

That's about it though. It feels like all I've missed is Mr Anderson doing a big J-O-B on his way out of the company. And is Chavo heel? He's doing a terrible job of it.

Probably won't finish watching the show.

I guess Aries is the most notable miss here, plus a Knockouts match. And with my second edit i've remembered Kurt Angle. I'd just have him and Aries wrestle. Find a reason and the match will be great whatever.

Kurt Angle's just came out of rehab. For the first time in a decade he's off pain medication for a extended period of time. I imagine his body is feeling like its been destroyed in a car pileup. He shouldn't be thinking about wrestling for a good while. Anything is possible with TNA, though. TNA and Kurt Angle are a horrible mix. A bloke who doesn't care about his health and a company who doesn't care about his health.

Probably I'm thinking of is that there are no heels. I'm finding it hard to think of a match for Aries, Hardy, Joe and Sting. This card is an impossible task just to fantasy book.

Maybe a money in the bank type match? I don't necessarily mean a multiple ladder match with the winner getting a title shot, but some sort of multi man match where everyone gets a spot to shine, with a prize hanging in the balance (title match, open contract for any match, maybe even a stipulation overturn pass where the winner gets to cancel any stipulation in TNA history, letting them bring back Jarrett, Bichoff or giving Sting another title match).

Okay, so the last one's a bit crap.

- As in something like this? TNA's Feast or Fired?

• Paid Members
Brooke Tessmacher is her Aces and 8s outfit is fucking hot. That might be one of the hottest things I've seen in wrestling.

Gunner is a hoss.

Both fact. Tessmacher in her short leather shorts is something special. Gunner less so, but I like that he looks like a proper hard bastard - I wish he'd shave his hair though and go for a Derek Vinyard kind of look.

I wasn't as avid a viewer of the Impact product then, but my understanding is that it was like a rip off of Money in the bank while completely missing the point. Wasn't each case random, so really they were fighting for the case they liked the look of? And who would sign up for a match where they might be fired even if they"win"?

It doesnt have to be a ladder or "on a pole" match. You could have a six pack challenge, a mini tournament, even a battle royal... the prize could even be for something like guaranteed entry in next years BFG (although I wouldn't make any long term plans in TNA right now...)

I wasn't as avid a viewer of the Impact product then, but my understanding is that it was like a rip off of Money in the bank while completely missing the point. Wasn't each case random, so really they were fighting for the case they liked the look of? And who would sign up for a match where they might be fired even if they"win"?

It doesnt have to be a ladder or "on a pole" match. You could have a six pack challenge, a mini tournament, even a battle royal... the prize could even be for something like guaranteed entry in next years BFG (although I wouldn't make any long term plans in TNA right now...)

- here are the rules for it.

Some guy I follow on Twitter joked the other day that with the cost-cutting, Bound for Glory will probably have a "Fired or Fired" match.

Just having watched the one with the rules i've noticed they've fired Daniels from it twice, once as himself and obviously the second time as Curry Man

Surely TNA have room for a few new guys. They have feck all roster left. Could do with ending aces and eights though not much left. Eithet punt Knux or keep him as Bully's body guard and use Briscoe/Garret as a heel tagteam rather than the nothing their doing just now. Some kind of international invitational could work and get over a new star.

Don't know about them bringing in new guys, though reportedly a few weeks back they did try signing The Briscoes/Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards, but they're definitely looking into bringing in new women (as the knockouts division is pretty much down to four women right now). Last week they flew in three female indy workers (Santana Garrett, Candice LaRae & Marti Belle) to OVW for a try-out. Also, developmental talent Lei'd Tapa was put on last week's house show loop to see how she's progressed. And of course, in addition to Tapa they've also got the Blossom Twins down in OVW as well.

Edited by pgi86

Thats one thing i think would benefit TNA for the KO Division if they had a deal with SHINE or SHIMMER where until the tapings for their shows they have x amount of the women from either promotion turn up and wrestle matches on national and international tv which can give these women a bit more exposure and hey their fans then might start going to IMPACT. Likewise it'd be good to see them hook up with local promotions when they are touring having say 2/3 guys like mentioned previously to have shots on the show, maybe 1/2 jobs and the other is in a kinda gutcheck style match (however instead of the judges it just does depend on over 50% of the fans voting for them), and then new stars can be created.

What are your thoughts folks?

• Paid Members
Thats one thing i think would benefit TNA for the KO Division if they had a deal with SHINE or SHIMMER where until the tapings for their shows they have x amount of the women from either promotion turn up and wrestle matches on national and international tv which can give these women a bit more exposure and hey their fans then might start going to IMPACT.

You're speaking like Shimmer is New Japan. It shouldn't be hard to get a bunch of women to show up at TV tapings. You dont need to co-promote to do this. These women have been readily available if TNA wanted them. But TNA doesn't want them, and a lot of them probably wouldn't want to work for TNA. 9 women refused to work TNA's Knockouts PPV on the grounds that TNA pays the women horrendously and if you get injured they wont pay for your medical bills. The problems they had putting that Knockout PPV was ridiculous. You'd think an all women PPV would be the easiest thing in the world to put on. But it wasn't at all. Everyone was telling them to go and whistle.

TNA really need prospects. People to lighten the show up. They need someone exciting. If TNA had 14 wrestlers and all of them were over, the depth problem wouldn't be half as bad. But how many times can you watch Magnus wrestle? Or see Hernandez pull his pants up like Konnan? As much as I love watching them, Joe, Styles, Sting, Storm, Roode, Daniels and Kaz are still there some 8-10 years later. These guys are great, but the people you saw a decade ago are still the ones they are hanging their hat on. TNA needs a fresh touch of paint right now. I remember in 2011 when things were really bad. Low Ki and Austin Aries really brightened the TVs up. They were old faces bringing something new to the shows. If TNA could get someone like an Adam Cole or a Prince Devitt on board or bring Alex Shelley back or convince John Morrison to sign for a few months, you'd have a fresh bunch of opponents and matches. But I dont think they'd have a chance signing Devitt and Cole, Morrison would have gone there by now if he was coming and Shelley hates TNA. TNA definitely need some new acts, though. Whoever they might be.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Would a World X Cup be an idea to fill BFG card out if done properly with a 3 man team USA/Mexico/Japan/Europe ?

Not after the debacle with the taped X-Cup PPV. Has that even aired yet? Besides, they can barely afford to pay the talent they already have. Can't think bringing a group of outsiders in for a payoff on their big show would go down too well.

Their was a taped x cup ppv? Did i miss that? They did an international cup but it wasn't x cup it had heavyweights knockouts and tag teams in it.