There are so many things wrong with this:

The show started with the announcement of wrestlers who were disallowed from competing on the show - TNA World Hvt. champion Chris Sabin, Jay Bradley, Garett Bischoff, Wes Brisco, Miss Tessmacher, and Gail Kim. The show started at 7:30 p.m. and it was over by 9:00 p.m. I'd say at most there were 500 people in attendance.(1) Bully Ray beat James Storm after Devon interfered.(2) Devon beat Gunner after Bully interfered. James Storm then hit the ring and challenged Team 3D to a Tag Title match. Bully said only if it's Pinfall Anywhere.(3) Samoa Joe beat Bobby Roode. Joe came out to his old music instead of the Main Event Mafia music. There was no mention of MEM all night.(4) TNA tag champions GunStorm beat Team 3D to retain the Tag Titles. Total kiddy match, as Bully hit himself and ran into the corner pads on purpose. My kid loved it, but I thought it was dumb.(5) Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle was the main event. Good, 15-minute match with their usual spots.So, five matches and that was it. Three matches were basically the same with the same four wrestlers used.After the show, everyone was invited backstage to meet all the wrestlers for free! Except, Jeff Hardy, who was $20 for a pic. Also, no autographs allowed with him. Needless to say, the VIP ticket buyers at the $65 level were upset since they paid for a special meet & greet that everyone was able to get for free!Also, the merchandise table closed down after the show. After fans were done with the meet & greet and wanted last-minute purchases, they were refused because the cash register was closed. If TNA needed a few extra hundred bucks, closing the merch table before all the fans left was a poor decision. I saw one kid's dad give him $50 to get anything he wanted, but he couldn't because the register was closed![Torch art credit Travis Beaven

Edited by Ant

• Paid Members

Janice Carter is balls deep in TNA right now. Dixie's the one getting her head in the press releases, but Janice is the one making all the decisions in regards to the business side. Which is scary as fuck, because its her and her husbands money they are pissing away. She isn't scared to pull the plug. She doesn't even like wrestling anyway, so all this money leaving the door isn't going to endear her to it. Look what she currently has to deal with: a business bleeding $1.2 million a month on running arenas, an over paid roster, shit like the above where the house shows have turned all Scott Conway, court cases they have to sort out with the likes of Scott Steiner and whoever decides to sue out of the current crop. Would you blame her is she went back to old Bob and said "fuck this, shut it down".

It pretty much sums up Dixie Carter's run as TNA president really. Even when they are dying a death, it still takes her Mam to come in to sack people who need to be cut. I'm certain if it was up to Dixie, they'd still have D-Ray 3000 on the roster. They never fire anyone.

The next 3 months will be interesting. Something has to change.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I have no idea how these cuts can be happening yet all these potential hiring rumours are coming out.

-On the note of LAX, TNA is said to be "very serious" about bolstering the talent pool. The American Wolves and Young Bucks are said to be the two tag teams TNA is pushing very hard for. Not sure if the Young Bucks deals may have fallen through due to the release of D'Lo Brown but both Matt and Nick are optimistic they will be back with the company by the end of this year. Davey Richards is said to be very close to signing with TNA also, however, Eddie Edwards situation is not known and he may stick with ROH.

-TNA officials were pleased with the performance of both Greg Marasciulo and Rubix. Expect to see more of them in the future.

-TNA has contacted Ricochet in hopes of signing him but he has turned them down multiple times. Ricochet believes he can get a better deal working in Japan.

• Paid Members

Look at the people they are looking to hire, though. What negotiation power do any of them have? Its not like they are in the market for a Prince Devitt or a John Morrison. Richards and Edwards will only sign for TNA if there is no WWE deal on the table. And if there is no WWE deal on the table they have no negotiating power and TNA can pay them rotten per appearance deals safe in the knowledge they are free to arse rape them on money with nobody looking to take them. And The Young Bucks left TNA in 2011 because (in their words) they "couldn't afford to live anymore". So that tells you their value. And they have guys like Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt around but not under contract.

TNA needs new wrestlers on the show. It just needs it. Impact has so many of the same guys on there these days, it could do with a new lick of paint. I remember when Bischoff took over WCW before finding out he wasn't buying it in 2001. There was a high and fire within the budget thing, where if they fired Torrie Wilson they could bring in Steve Corino. This might be the same thing. Get rid of Christian York and you could squeeze in Eddie Edwards. At the end of it, firing nobodies like Taeler Hendrix and hiring the Young Bucks really aren't going to kill or save the company. I doubt there is anyone getting the bubbly out thinking the promotion is in the black now D'Lo is gone.

Ricochet would be a great signing for them, I'm shocked the WWE haven't scooped him yet.

The rest, especially Davey Richards is just a waste of time. Thing is I imagine some of these independent wrestlers can make decent money when they come over here, I bet they flog all sorts of merchandise. I'd bet money that Davey Richards could make double the money at one show for PCW (wage+merch) than he would at a TNA appearance. Same could be said for Germany possibly. For some reason I liked Joey Ryan's facebook page (LOL) and during his entire "contracted" run all he did was constantly flog his own store of shirts and merch. He claims he had a healthy monthly guarantee but we all know that's bollocks.

These pay per appearance deals could be a good thing mind. Sonjay Dutt worked TNA last thursday and it's no secret he's working ROH soon. If these workers are allowed to work freely and do the occasional appearance when needed, what's the harm? It'll benefit the wrestlers more than the company.

• Paid Members
I'd bet money that Davey Richards could make double the money at one show for PCW (wage+merch) than he would at a TNA appearance.

He really couldn't. For a one off possibly. But regularly? The independent scene is worse than TNA. You are a one and done thing at indy level. Who wants to book Davey Richards regularly? Especially PCW, which isn't exactly ran a few miles from his house. If you are a name like John Morrison and Carlito or even a Kevin Steen who works for his money (always got merch out, travels where ever he needs to for a payday, always got his face in the shoot interview circuit etc), then you can make a living on the indies and charge high prices. Not if you are an indy worker who hasn't done anything on TV.

I'd bet money that Davey Richards could make double the money at one show for PCW (wage+merch) than he would at a TNA appearance.

He really couldn't. The independent scene is worse than TNA. You are a one and done thing at indy level. Who wants to book Davey Richards regularly? Especially PCW, which isn't exactly ran a few miles from his house. If you are a name like John Morrison and Carlito, than you can make a living on the indies and charge high prices. Not if you are an indy worker who hasn't done anything.

I remember reading figures that they were getting paid roughly $300 per appearance. That's roughly

Edited by wrestlingmad

• Paid Members

I really hope Hogan doesn't wrestle Bully Ray now. I hope Bully wins the belt back at Hardcore Justice. Him being late on pay might have made him realise its not worth risking the wheelchair for this promotion. Seeing Hulk on his back like a turtle as Tenay does faux sympathy would be a heartbreaker for me. Not a way for a legend to go out.

I'm surprised Rockstar Spud is still around. They've done nothing with him and he's looked so minor league both times he's turned up. I got a twatting for this last year, but I agree with this post made by ... me!

Not being a cunt, but his gimmick is so Butlins. Its played for laughs. I couldn't imagine how this would get over on a major TV show. Local UK indy gimmicks and hanging with the likes of Samoa Joe and Joseph Park are worlds apart. If TNA did sign him, that gimmick would be well and truly gone. Also he's really small. Amazing Red is three inches bigger than him. And Red was like the standard of how small a US wrestler was. Super Porky is bigger than him as well. And Porky was in WWE's midget division a while back.

I feel justified in that post now. This is exactly the feeling I had watching it. Again, I'm not saying this to be a git, because I know this is a UK forum and chances are people know him and enjoy him, but something just doesnt look right. Even on a show where a scruffy pot head won the biggest price in the company, he didn't fit with a well produced big time feel which TNA tries to present. He looks like a bloke who should be wrestling Dean 2 Extreme. WWE and TNA might be worlds apart, but even the closest thing to TNA is miles apart from them. Its a big step up.

Yeah Spud was bloody awful this past week. He just looked like he was trying too hard and he didn't come across as a natural. One part where he ran the ropes and bounced off the middle rope made me cringe. He moved sort of like a woman wrestler would. I can't see much potential for the bloke in TNA to be honest especially since British Boot Camp hasn't aired in America (as far as I know?).

• Paid Members
I thought it wasn't too bad with Sabin winning the title where hopefully he will face Styles in the main event of Bound For Glory.

Let's ignore the fact that AJ Styles v Chris Sabin is an Asylum-era weekly PPV X Division title main event, not a World title main event when you have Bully Ray, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy on your books. Does anyone besides Twinn think Sabin is going to be champion longer than his first televised defence, much less BFG???

Next week's show spoilers :

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'm unsure who is going to win the title next week as I haven't seen the spoilers but I don't mind who as long as it isn't TJ Perkins.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

UNNNNNNNNNNNNLUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Edited by air_raid

I'm surprised Rockstar Spud is still around. They've done nothing with him and he's looked so minor league both times he's turned up. I got a twatting for this last year, but I agree with this post made by ... me!

Not being a cunt, but his gimmick is so Butlins. Its played for laughs. I couldn't imagine how this would get over on a major TV show. Local UK indy gimmicks and hanging with the likes of Samoa Joe and Joseph Park are worlds apart. If TNA did sign him, that gimmick would be well and truly gone. Also he's really small. Amazing Red is three inches bigger than him. And Red was like the standard of how small a US wrestler was. Super Porky is bigger than him as well. And Porky was in WWE's midget division a while back.

I feel justified in that post now. This is exactly the feeling I had watching it. Again, I'm not saying this to be a git, because I know this is a UK forum and chances are people know him and enjoy him, but something just doesnt look right. Even on a show where a scruffy pot head won the biggest price in the company, he didn't fit with a well produced big time feel which TNA tries to present. He looks like a bloke who should be wrestling Dean 2 Extreme. WWE and TNA might be worlds apart, but even the closest thing to TNA is miles apart from them. Its a big step up.

Yeah Spud was bloody awful this past week. He just looked like he was trying too hard and he didn't come across as a natural. One part where he ran the ropes and bounced off the middle rope made me cringe. He moved sort of like a woman wrestler would. I can't see much potential for the bloke in TNA to be honest especially since British Boot Camp hasn't aired in America (as far as I know?).

On the flipside, Jason Hervey apparently loved Spud (especially some backstage promo he shot) and was really complimentary of him on Twitter the other day talking about how Spud "gets it" and has a bright future. Between Dixie (who made the decision to sign him even though Boot Camp was originally designed for the Blossoms to win), Bully (who regularly goes out of his way to put Spud over in media interviews) and now Hervey, those are some good folks to have in your camp.

Personally though, I think Spud was kind of screwed the moment TNA changed the X Division to the "3-way spotfest division with very little if any emphasis on characters". Like anyone, Spud has his strengths and weaknesses, and the current format of the X Division is not something he's well suited for and it showed the other day on Impact. He looked awkward in there. Spud is all about character and mic work and with the current format of the division it's hard to properly portray a guy like Spud in the right manner. Sure, his presence not being big time enough is an issue too but this is a company where Chris freakin' Sabin is the world champion so I don't think lack of presence alone is enough to ruin your chances of success in the company but lack of big time presence along with being stuck in situations/matches where your strengths are being negated might do it. We'll see...

Edited by pgi86