Raw Discussion

JLM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only concern with Brock signing an extension- and let's be clear, I'm ecstatic that he's going to be on my TV screen in any sort of fashion- is that they need to be more creative in how they spread out in his appearances. Having Lesnar quit every 2 months is just going to look stupid.

I want to see Lesnar be more active with this new contract, but I realise the danger of overexposure. I'd have him working the big 4- Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series. He needs Christmas with the family and hunting in the winter, WWE need to get the most for the money they pay him. Hopefully they begin expanding the talent Brock works with- just like how the Rock is working with Punk, Lesnar needs to work at some point with the Ortons and Sheamuses of the world. Cena's gone in a few years and Triple H is all but retired, Lesnar's drawing ability needs to be transferred at some point to other stars to help build the future up. Paying Brock all this money to face part-timers and guys who will be slowing down soon doesn't help WWE long term at all.

Thought Brock's return was really fantastic. He has such a real and genuine vibe and aura about him, that even knowing what we know I still think anything could happen when he comes out. On the whole he's been treated fantastically since he came back, I always anticipate and wonder what's going to happen when that music hits. Sure i'd have liked him on more in the last year and the HHH match wasn't my favourite but it still didn't stop me loving every second of last night and it even got me interested in the rematch when 24 hours ago I couldn't give a toss.

And that Vince is a crazy bastard isn't he? I thought for sure we were going to get swift kick and Kimura lock then he hoisted him, got those crazy eyes and I thought Vince was going to die :laugh: Heyman was great too and I loved Brock keep pointing to the corner as well.

I thought Heyman was fantastic last night as he usually is.I loved the little things during his showdown with Vince.Him telling Vince to leave the ring as Brock was staring him down I thought was a nice touch.

The video with Maddox,Heman and The Shield was great too.It appears that Maddox was the one who gave Vince the tape as a retaliation to being battered by The Shield.I hope this doesn't lead to a face turn as Maddox is brillian as a slimy heel.

I'm probably one the very few that actually finds Matt Striker tolerable.Saying that he should be used more as smarky fuck that gets twatted by the faces.

I'm really enjoying Antonio Cesaro at the moment and his match with Orton was good.Orton seems stale as fuck at the minute tho.

The Khali/Ryder segmant was awful.Ryder and Khali along with the other members of the modern day Oddities,Hornswoggle and Natalya,should be sent packing.

Delighted to see Trish going into the HOF aswell.

I don't doubt that Brock could get his heat back after a Mania loss but it seems like a wasted exercise opposed to establishing Brock as a monster at the biggest show of the year.

He's the former UFC and WWE champion. He doesn't need establishing. Why would he need establishing?

You say that, but the kids likely won't have seen him ten years ago and won't have seen him in UFC. For adults, it's fine but their aim is to get new viewers and they need to give the new viewers something they have an emotional connection with. Of course, breaking Triple H and Michaels' arms helped establish him anyway. I agree with you in the idea that Brock doesn't need to win at Mania, but to have the mindset of 'why would he need establishing' based on the fact he won those two titles wouldn't be good for WWE.

• Paid Members
And that Vince is a crazy bastard isn't he? I thought for sure we were going to get swift kick and Kimura lock then he hoisted him, got those crazy eyes and I thought Vince was going to die :laugh: Heyman was great too and I loved Brock keep pointing to the corner as well.

Brock looks amazing but breaking Vince's pelvis in the run up to Mania could mean we might see HHH a little sooner than expected! It did make me rewind that as it looked nasty and at first glance I thought it was a possible shoulder injury. Not a bad Raw, the Tensai/Clay dance off mix up wasn't as bad as expected and the Punk-Rock segment made me hate Rock even more. Tetchy commentary once again.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a bit weird how Cena was saying the WWE Champion at WrestleMania will either be Rock or Punk, before we even knew that they'd be fighting again at Elimination Chamber. For all we knew before that, the title could have been defended in the Chamber itself :confused:

LOVED Lesnar's return though. Check it out:

Picture1-1_zpsbadf3f39.png

Is Vince legit hurt?

I'm sure I'm being a mark, but I thought at the time that that was an ugly landing.

CM Punk was great. Like really, really great and its a shame that the Rock/Punk feud is hitting top gear now it's as good as over.

The final segment was incredible. I can't speak highly enough of it. Heyman set as a mafia boss ordering a hit on a misperforming stooge was incredible. Just amazing. Heyman is a wizard. I got a real impression of how good a liar he actually is.

• Paid Members
You say that, but the kids likely won't have seen him ten years ago and won't have seen him in UFC. For adults, it's fine but their aim is to get new viewers and they need to give the new viewers something they have an emotional connection with. Of course, breaking Triple H and Michaels' arms helped establish him anyway. I agree with you in the idea that Brock doesn't need to win at Mania, but to have the mindset of 'why would he need establishing' based on the fact he won those two titles wouldn't be good for WWE.

The fact he's moved the buyrates twice in a significant direction and is far and away a bigger star than anyone outside of maybe Cena on the regular roster says otherwise. He's an act they bring in to up PPV buys. They aren't using him to sell foam fingers. When his music hit everyone in the arena knew the man had arrived. He's got a danger about him, where people assume he's the hardest man on the planet. He has a legitimate reputation among loyal fans who purchase PPVs. His past in WWE and UFC make up 90% of his aura. WWE is so confident the viewer knows about his past, they have even referenced his stomach surgery to work into spots and his recent history in UFC and his original run when he was managed by Paul Heyman.

From Pro-Wrestling.net

"WWE Raw scored a 3.63 rating this week, up huge from the 3.06 from last week. The show was the highest rated since Raw 1000 back in July and even beat the two hour show from last year, which scored a 3.55. Raw was the number one show on cable for the first and third hours, and just behind the top spot for hour two".

Great news!

Archived