Raw Discussion

JLM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think I watched more of this RAW than I have of any episode since Raw 1000. I thought it was very entertaining, a real cracking show. So many positives to take from this:

-The end segment was brilliantly done. Heyman has been fucking superb in all of this, hasn't he? He's one of a kind. I haven't had much time for Brad Maddox so far, but I thought he was very good in the video. I think he did a good job in obtaining sympathy. I'm not in the same boat as those that think he's been a decent slimy heel, so I'm hoping he gets a face run off the back of this. The Shield as usual were very good in this promo, and the best part was hearing the crowd with a gradual roar of 'OOOOHHHHHH' when Heyman revealed he was paying The Shield. Brilliant crowd response. Brock's return was also great, looking after Heyman whilst also dictating him to go and stand in the corner whilst Heyman screamed 'VINCE, PLEASE LEAVE THE RING'. It was just great.

-Albert did the most entertaining thing I've ever seen him do. I'm not always into that kind of OTT cringey entertainment, but I did chuckle at this. I think Tensai pulled this off really well, so it wasn't just the novelty of seeing him in that get-up. Kudos to him. Where this goes from now, god knows. Perhaps he snaps and convinces Brodus to form a fatty tag team with him? I'm hoping he doesn't become a gimmick comedy character, it'll get tiring very quickly.

-The Rock's promo was very good I thought, it was nice (and surreal) seeing him in the ring as champion again. Punk was on top form too, delivering the goods in both promos. I'm really looking forward to their rematch, even if the outcome is obvious. As pointed out in the rumble thread, something being obvious doesn't necessarily mean it's bad or boring. You still have to get there.

-Jericho's promo was better than I expected it to be, and I don't mind him and Ziggler mixing it up a bit before they go their own ways in time for Wrestlemania.

-Didn't care about the Khali, 3MB, Hornswoggle & Ryder bit, although I did find Khali singing quite amusing

-The Big Show/Del Rio/Ricardo segment was superb. Really well done. Big Show looked totally brutal in this, Del Rio I think did a fantastic job as well. He's becoming a mini-revelation as a face, isn't he? Considering his face turn was brilliant and done to little fanfare, and he confusingly turned heel as a one-off for the Christmas episode, and his character hasn't really changed much, it's amazing how over he is. I'm glad, I've always rated him and have felt he wasn't given much (creatively) to work with, just the same 'my destiny' shite. He's always been solid in the ring, and I think his reaction to Ricardo getting beaten up and trying to kick out at Big Show did a lot for his character. Very good angle, can't wait to see this develop.

-The Shield looked better than ever, they're really pushing these guys as a force more than ever. Although they didn't face all three whilst they were all fresh at the same time, they just decimated three of the biggest faces in the company. I liked Ambrose and Reigns from the offset, and wasn't sure if Seth Rollins was right for the group, but he's grown on me a lot. I really like all three. I get this feeling that whenever I see Roman Reigns, I'm seeing the early days of a huge star. He just looks and carries himself like somebody that can be a MAJOR player one day.

-To a lesser degree, I see a star in Titus as well. I fucking love the Primetime Players. I hope they get a push and a decent run with the titles, because they've been very good. I didn't care about either of them in NXT as singles. Their angle with Ryback was fine, Titus was good as per usual. Ryback looks a little dead in the water, though. He's not brilliant, but he was on a roll, and despite never being pinned cleanly, being on the losing end in high-profile matches too often is damaging him. I hoped he would look stronger in the Rumble, although his face-off with Cena was good and garnered a crown reaction a hundred times better than the Cena/Orton staredown in 2011.

-The Wade/Bo match was ok. I hope Bo comes along well, he has a good babyface look about him. He has a face of someone you want to see win, like Steamboat, as a opposed to punch in the face, like original Rocky Maivia. Very nice belly-to-belly for the finish, too.

-Didn't watch Orton/Cesaro as they're both boring at the moment and Miz makes things even worse, haven't seen Cena/Cody yet and won't watch the womens match. The tables match was pretty good.

• Paid Members

To be fair to GalaxyV.2, that "turn Jesus Christ heel" line has been around longer than Heyman has. People used to say it about Jake Roberts. Jake said a brilliant line once along the same lines. He said "If God had hired Vince McMahon to get his gimmick over, there would be no devil.".

3 questions for someone who doesn't watch that much wrestling (Rumble was my first since last years mania)

1. Is Cena v Rock II locked in 100%? If not what is the realistic % chance of it happening barring injury

2. Will WWE mention the 'once in a lifetime' if it does happen or just ignore it?

3. If the match does happen, what are the chance sof the Rock refusing to lay down for Cena?

1. Cena v Rock is 100%.

2. They will ignore it.

3. No chance that Rock will refuse to lay down.

Is there any chance that they will do a 3 way with Rock Cena and Punk at Mania???????

• Paid Members
Is there any chance that they will do a 3 way with Rock Cena and Punk at Mania???????

Punk is probably doing another job at the Elimination Chamber, so there's about as much chance of me being added to the match. If he does, I hope its to the People's Elbow again.

WrestleMania is in the New York market. Headlined by the two biggest names. There's no room for anyone else.

• Paid Members
So it will be Cena v Rock rematch and Brock v Triple H rematch. The only thing that could save this mania for me is Punk V Taker.

Aye. Though it's not quite that bad for me. I'll of course still watch the show and more than likely enjoy the matches when they're happening but the results at the Rumble just plain took all the wind out of sails. I've no interest in the build up to these 2 matches, nor the matches themselves though they'll likely be watchable. All of the other options being thrown around such as Brock vs Rock or Punk vs Taker or Punk vs Triple H or Cena vs Taker etc all are much much more interesting scenarios.

http://www.manolith.com/2013/01/30/man-sho...-outcome-video/ Here's a man who got shot in the eye and lost his sight yet says that Rock winning was still the worst part of his week. Sums up the disquiet around the Rumble results really.

Archived