Raw Discussion

JLM

• Paid Members
Okay So I get the reasoning behind Shield attacking Ryback as they were being controlled by Heyman etc but what is the reason that they attacked Orton and Sheamus not to mention Kane and Bryan as well?

Guess they could say it was sort of a bluff to take the scent away from them only attacking Punks opponents but seems pretty Flimsy

It was a case of the good bits being really good and the bad bits being really bad on Raw this week

Heyman mentioned he was paying them to do these jobs for them. So that would suggest those attacks (for reasons unknown) fall under the Heyman/Punk "job payments", or there is somebody else also paying/controlling them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay So I get the reasoning behind Shield attacking Ryback as they were being controlled by Heyman etc but what is the reason that they attacked Orton and Sheamus not to mention Kane and Bryan as well?

Guess they could say it was sort of a bluff to take the scent away from them only attacking Punks opponents but seems pretty Flimsy

It was a case of the good bits being really good and the bad bits being really bad on Raw this week

Heyman mentioned he was paying them to do these jobs for them. So that would suggest those attacks (for reasons unknown) fall under the Heyman/Punk "job payments", or there is somebody else also paying/controlling them.

After last night I would view The Shield as a trio of wrestlers who fight against "injustice" in the WWE (which is how they view the likes of Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Team Hell No) , but who will also just as easily take money to attack other people as well (as is the case with Ryback and Rock).

Or, as above, they were working for Heyman all along and attacked the others as a diversion from the attacks on Ryback and Rock.

I guess we will find out over the next couple of weeks, but I would prefer the former to the latter.

I think the ending segment last night made Raw worth the watch. Not even particularly for Lesnar's return, but that video package with Brad Maddox/Heyman/Shield was fantastic. So brutal.

I liked that it was creepy too. 'Mr Heyman, please', 'Brad, take the beating like a man'. '.....please'. Great stuff.

I hope they keep Maddox heel though - like, he stooged out Heyman in exchange for a contract. I dunno, but I think the guy is gold as a heel.

Heyman 'that wasn't me.' - Great bullshit heel line.

Lesnar really looks like an ultra-bad, double-tough, psycho mother fucker.

Glad to see Trish in the WWE HOF too. She really shits over all the current Divas in terms of looks, wrestling ability and charisma in my opinion.

Great beat down on ADR and Ricardo too. Didnt think ADR's face turn would work but its really coming along nicely.

Pretty shitty Raw apart from the end segment. I thought Brock's return plus the video of the Shield and Maddox was brilliantly done. The Ryder/Khali/3MB segment was one of the worst in a long long time. Also is there anyone in WWE who looks less enthused than Randy Orton?

I feel it looks like Brock vs Triple H is a dead cert. The closing segment was reminiscent of the Vince-Orton segment from early 2009 with the threat of a firing and then Vince being taken out to close the show. Enter Triple H to the rescue a week or so later.

Rumours of Brock sticking around after Mania will hopefully postpone Hunter's revenge until a later date though, it'd have been ideal for Triple H to beat Brock if he was fucking off but it'd be nice to see something different.

• Paid Members
Rumours of Brock sticking around after Mania will hopefully postpone Hunter's revenge until a later date though, it'd have been ideal for Triple H to beat Brock if he was fucking off but it'd be nice to see something different.

It makes more sense for HHH to beat Brock at Mania and Brock to get his heat back by beating someone else at Extreme Rules and then leaving. Fuck knows who that would be, though.

• Paid Members

It makes more sense for HHH to beat Brock at Mania and Brock to get his heat back by beating someone else at Extreme Rules. Fuck knows who that would be, though. Maybe The Shield, Punk and Brock vs HHH, Cena, Ryback and Team Hell No in a big anything goes match, and have Brock pin Cena to set up a one-on-one match between the pair at SummerSlam for the belt.

It makes more sense for HHH to beat Brock at Mania and Brock to get his heat back by beating someone else at Extreme Rules.

I don't doubt that Brock could get his heat back after a Mania loss but it seems like a wasted exercise opposed to establishing Brock as a monster at the biggest show of the year. Wrestlemania will be the first big show that Brock will have appeared on since being back and if he is left to pick up the pieces on lesser shows a lot of the interest in his direction will be lost. In comparison; if Rock had lost last year I don't think people would have been chomping at the bit to see who his next opponent would be.

• Paid Members
It makes more sense for HHH to beat Brock at Mania and Brock to get his heat back by beating someone else at Extreme Rules. Fuck knows who that would be, though. Maybe The Shield, Punk and Brock vs HHH, Cena, Ryback and Team Hell No in a big anything goes match, and have Brock pin Cena to set up a one-on-one match between the pair at SummerSlam for the belt.

I'd like to see that. Something similar to the 8 man tag at No Way Out in 98. Hopefully Brock wouldn't get injured and be replaced by Kwang or something though.

• Paid Members

simon - Triple H is an attraction too, though. He got the worst beating of his career, he's due some payback. The match will probably feature Lesnar dominating for most of the match only for a valiant Triple H to dig deep and slay the monster that nearly ended his career. One loss doesn't kill a star, if it's done in the correct manner (which it will be).

I felt all the important stars delivered last night (Punk/Rock, Cena, Vince/Heyman/Lesnar). That last segment was tremendous, though. Hopefully WWE keep Heyman as long as they keep Lesnar, Heyman has a rare ability of elevating everybody/everything around him into seeming like a bigger deal than it probably is.

Lesnar is still the man.

'Establish' was the wrong word, I just personally think Lesnar should be presented as a winner on the biggest show. Brock is a special attraction in comparison to Triple H who is part of the WWE furniture, perhaps not to the same extent that Cena is but he pops up regularly in a suit (or at least it feels like it) and since coming back from his break in 2010/11 he has feuded with Taker, Punk, 'Awesome Truth', Nash and Lesnar thus feeling like he never really went away.

I understand that Triple H is due pay back. I just think a victorious Lensar would pose more interest opposed to Triple H getting his win and then swanning off until next time.

Was it me or did the crowd sound more apathetic towards Cena than they have in years?

Yeah, I agree. Cena was saying stuff like, "Guess some of you didn't pick me to win the Rumble," and kept pausing for that hostile reaction, but it never really came. The Vegas crowd seemed very indifferent aside from some very light "Cena sucks" chants, and the promo of choosing a champion went over like a baked bean fart, everyone over the age of 10 knows it'll be the Rock at Wrestlemania, so it was like, "Just get to the fucking point".

Archived