NHL 2013 Season Discussion Thread

David

Anyone here following the NHL season that started at the weekend? Personally I follow the Maple Leafs & the Bruins, and have seen Toronto beat the Habs 2-1 already, which is always a joy to behold.

I don't hold out much hope for any post-season play for Toronto though, but have to believe that the Bruins are in with a chance.

Any other fans out there?

Am a Vancouver Canucks fans

Anyone know any decent places to watch games online?

Really want to get into it this season, having been over there & experience it live.

With the old modify headers trick on Firefox, you can watch the NBC Game of the Week live on their website most Sunday evenings at 5.30pm. They're the ideal introduction games-big teams, often big rivalries and it's on at a convenient time.

I'm a huge NBA follower, have been for years. Don't really follow any other US sports though.

I think ESPN lost the coverage rights to the NHL and it's now on Premier Sports. As for watching the sport of Basketball, there's 5 live games a week on Sky, 2 on Sky Sports and 3 on ESPN on average. I also have league pass online which allows you to stream whatever game you like with the exception of a few national tv blackouts, it's superb value for money.

I'm a fan of the Canucks, started watching around 7 years ago after randomly catching a game and got hooked to the Canucks style and loved watching the Sedin's & Linden. Watched it ever since.

I was gutted when ESPN lost the coverage to it the other season, both because they did a great job is showing multiple games and also because as a Virgin Media subscriber Premier Sports isn't available. So since then I've had to resort to watching games via streams which isn't ideal (especially in a actually trying to see where the puck is) and naturally I haven't been able to watch as many games as I would like/would usually watch.

The new season has started just as crappy as last season finished. Vigneault really needs to freshen the team up as they've gotten really stagnant.

My aunt and uncle stayed in Edmonton and always sent me over tshirt a and stuff when I was wee, then played nhl96 on the Snes to death, and been following them ever since

I worked in Calgary in 04 when the made the Stanley Cup Finals and the atmosphere was amazing even though it pained me to see the Flames doing well.

I try to follow it on streams but they're not great, I've just taken to listening to Oilers games through their website.

Can't believe there are so many fans on here. How do you guys follow it? Does it get shown on TV over here or is it majority streams? Do you guys who follow it tend to like other US sports like NFL and NBA too?

Yeah I like the NBA too. Miami Heat fan. Tried following a little bit of MLB earlier in the year too

Can't believe there are so many fans on here. How do you guys follow it? Does it get shown on TV over here or is it majority streams? Do you guys who follow it tend to like other US sports like NFL and NBA too?

For anyone who has a 360 & a gold live account, you can now download the NHL Gamecenter app. If you pay $50 you get the entire season, meaning you can watch any game live or delayed in glorious HD!

Unfortunately, I'm using the app to follow the Maple Leafs, which means I'd probably have been better sending my $50 to one of those Nigerian scam deals :(

Maple Leafs fan here. Have been since, erm, playing NHL on the mega drive, so yeah real die hard fan.

You should try and get over to a game, Keith. There's nothing like seeing them lose in person! Seriously though, you're better off going to see the Marlies if you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods. They're much better in the AHL than the Leafs are in the NHL, unfortunately.

Been a rangers fan since I was 11 love hockey played since I was 11 as well anyone on here played? Also for all you fight fans this yt channel has all the fights from every game day

some cracking old fights as well

Archived