Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 16, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted January 16, 2013 Ah, so if the DVD cover had been given a red wash all over like this you probably would like it a bit more!
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted January 16, 2013 Posted January 16, 2013 Well, actually... kinda, yeah.
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2013 To me, the DVD cover has a tone befitting the latter- although my opinion might change if I knew what Sgt. Pepper was. Jesus fucking Christ.
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted January 16, 2013 Posted January 16, 2013 ... Okay, what part of that gets you? I've already said I feel the design was a bit kid cartoony. HG said it was ripping off Sgt. Pepper, I thought I may have had more appreciation for its design if I understood that reference.
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2013 ... Okay, what part of that gets you? I've already said I feel the design was a bit kid cartoony. HG said it was ripping off Sgt. Pepper, I thought I may have had more appreciation for its design if I understood that reference. That bit.
ItsClobberingTime Posted January 16, 2013 Posted January 16, 2013 This started off as such a positive thread and now I fear for the future of humanity.
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted January 16, 2013 Posted January 16, 2013 Sigh... *Googles*... yeah, okay, I'm not a Beatles fan, doesn't mean you have to be a condescending dick about it.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted January 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2013 It does. You deserve it for your posts in this thread.
ItsClobberingTime Posted January 16, 2013 Posted January 16, 2013 No one needs to be a Beatles fan to know that shit. Music fan. Popular culture fan. Just not a dimwit .. anything like that.
Paid Members Nick James Posted January 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2013 I don't know alot about The Beatles, but surely 'Sgt Pepper's' is one of the most iconic album covers in music history? There has been countless parodies of the cover aswel over the years.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 16, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted January 16, 2013 Well, actually... kinda, yeah. You're honest at least! I thought I may have had more appreciation for its design if I understood that reference. Okay, so now you've Googled Sgt. Pepper... and presumably now understand the reference... do you appreciate the design a bit more? My expression remains hopeful.
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted January 16, 2013 Posted January 16, 2013 (edited) Well, yeah, somewhat, at least now the design was based around a given theme, and not just a strange mash up of colours like I originally took it for. But not everyone has the same pop culture exposure. My parents were too young for the Beatles (Dad born in 1969, Mum in '72), my nan was probably the right age but we've never much talked about music together. Never see much of the Beatles on TV or hear them on radio, I don't know many people who are avid fans... I did meet one guy who liked the Beatles a fair amount and got me to listen to a couple of songs, didn't really like the music that much to be honest. Anyway, I think I'm going to stop there before you all have heart attacks. Edited January 16, 2013 by Shane O' Mac Version 2
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2013 doesn't mean you have to be a condescending dick about it. I prefer "pretentious cunt."
Paid Members Up Chuck Posted January 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2013 Went for the Wrestlemania poster. Still bugging me that they've got the lightning colours the wrong way round though.
Recommended Posts