Worst Wrestler of 2012

Ronnie

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

Tricky one, this. I can't stand Anderson but have basically ignored him this year so he wasn't on the radar. Likewise, I hear Garrett Bischoff is pretty worthless but I haven't actually watched anything of his. I don't mind Del Rio (who seems to have turned it around recently anyway), or Tensai, or Khali, or Swagger, really. Otunga had a couple of months where he was actually half-decent, so that leaves Brocdus Clay.

I loved the Funkasaurus gimmick when it debuted. Then it got boring. Then it continued to be boring. It's still boring. Maybe it's not entirely his fault, but in a year (it's been a year, right?) there's been zero development or variation in anything he's done. Has he even had a storyline? Boring. Sorry, Brodus.

My vote went to Anderson, and will likely continue to until he dies. Bischoff is a poorer wrestler, certainly, but he is about 15. Old ken has been at this for years and years, and still totally sucks. Outside of a few matches with Kurt Frickin Angle (years ago now) he has never had a decent match. Pisses me off every time he speaks too - which is poor form for a supposed Face character. Ugh!

For as much as I don't like Khali, I see why he is on TV and he has his place. I recon you you go to any random Indy show and find a better talent than Anderson. I simply don't see the appeal. Shit build, crappy tats, lame duck "personality". Just go away please.

Del Rio seems out of place in this list. Boring character maybe, but his in-ring stuff is fine.

• Awards Moderator

I remember when he first came into WWE. People were genuinely excited about him, people thought he was going to be a huge star. I bought into it for a while, and though I never agreed with the people who were convinced he'd be the next Rock, I quite liked him.

Looking back, anyone who thought he was any good must have been under some kind of dark enchantment... was this the case, were we all deluded in thinking he was alright? Or was there really a time where he was bearable?

• Paid Members

I've always thought he was worthless. There was literally one occasion when i thought he might have turned a corner, when he faced Batista for the World belt at a Royal Rumble. It was a good match and he looked decent for the first time ever. It must have been down to Big Dave. I thought maybe he'd turned a corner because sometimes when guys are forced to step up in a main event environment it suddenly brings it out of them. It happened with Brock and i couldn't stand Orton or Batista himself initially but somewhere they turned a corner and became fantastic. Anderson only gets worse. How he received so many good opportunities i will never know. The fact he failed in epic fashion in each case gives me faith in the universe. I love how Undertaker, Michaels and Orton all seemed to hate him and that gives me faith in WWEs guys and that he will never, ever be anywhere near them ever again.

His winning streak against all former WWE or World champions was a decent angle to aid a push, shame it was used on him and it's something that probably wouldn't be so effective today.

I remember when he first came into WWE. People were genuinely excited about him, people thought he was going to be a huge star. I bought into it for a while, and though I never agreed with the people who were convinced he'd be the next Rock, I quite liked him.

Looking back, anyone who thought he was any good must have been under some kind of dark enchantment... was this the case, were we all deluded in thinking he was alright? Or was there really a time where he was bearable?

You weren't alone. When he was all jacked up on the juice and playing the cocky heel the first time round, I thought they had a real prospect on their hands. I actually thought WWE had missed a trick when they let him go.

But his TNA run has confirmed it - he's just awful. He's had a couple of good matches with Angle (who doesn't?) but looked like a brickie who's wandered in by accident, ruined important promos, hung around for months like a bad smell doing nothing of note, and now appears to be getting shoehorned into the A&8s angle, which needs him like a sinking ship needs a heavy anchor.

So... Anderson.

• Paid Members
I went with Tensai. EVERY ChinaWres fan said he was magically ace now, and I had him down almost as an instant Main Eventer. Then it was just fucking Albert like it always was. Fat screaming bag of shite.

The worse thing is, Albert was much better to watch than this waste of space.

Alberto Del Rio really shouldn't be on this list.

Absolutely. Baffling decision. He has been a bit stale but still a very solid hand in the ring, and I maintain he has all the right qualities but just needs a bit of direction.

• 3 weeks later...