TNA Genesis *Impact spoilers*

Oliver

It looks like they're going with a triple threat match between Roode, Aries and Hardy for the World Title. I'm down with that and I really hope Aries wins back the title, though I expect he won't.

I'm thinking they'll be a multi-man tag for the Aces and Eights. Angle, Garrett, Wes, Joe, Sting and possibly Joseph Parkes if they bring him in that soon. I don't think they need to rush his training story though, and Sting will be hot off his return from his brief hiatus. I had initially proposed Magnus and Eric Young (the victims of the randomly picked attacks) being on the team opposing Aces and Eights, but it turns out Magnus is playing the part of the genie in the theatrical production of Aladdin. Either way, I'm not so hot on Aces and Eights. I'm still waiting to hear why the whole thing was concocted and who else is in it. They've unraveling it too slowly and my interest wanes each week with the current stagnation of it all.

Daniels and Kaz have been tremendous as of late though. The tag titles should be strapped back around them. Hope this happens at Genesis, though Hermandez and Chavo did just have a match with them on Impact.

Kenny King vs RVD could be a good one. He's had a small amount of time to do it, but Kenny King has been able to talk and show his personality recently. I would rather see him with the X Division title than RVD at this time.

Knockouts title match. Looks like Gail Kim is in the hunt. Wouldn't mind hew tweening babyface for the night and seeing how she beats up Jesse.

What can Bully Ray and James Storm do then? They could wrestle each other, though its a face vs face match. Both men are the victims of misfortune. Bully being resented and hounded by the Hulkster and James Storm just got goaded in to losing his Title shot last month.

What am I missing? Maybe Joey Ryan and Morgan will go for the tag belts and Daniels & Kazarian will wrestle a combo of AJ or/and Storm.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the updated card for Sunday's TNA Genesis pay-per-view event:

Triple Threat for the TNA World Heavyweight Title

Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy

TNA Tag Team Title Match

Matt Morgan & Joey Ryan vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

TNA X Division Title Match

Tournament Winner vs. Rob Van Dam

X Division Tournament Finals

Christian York vs. Kenny King

#1 Contenders Gauntlet Match

Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky

Devon vs. Joseph Park

Sting vs. DOC

Daniels vs. James Storm

It's to the credit of whoever's been booking the X Division recently that I'm looking forward to both these matches. I do love a good tournament.

It's to the credit of whoever's been booking the X Division recently that I'm looking forward to both these matches. I do love a good tournament.

Your post is brilliant. Thanks for making me chuckle.

Back on topic.. It pisses me off when Dixie goes on about the X-Division saying it is going to be one of the main focuses of the product and then the next month they fuck the idea completely off. With the old names doing a few shows for them so they can fill gaps in for PPV providers it would easy for TNA to pay them for a few appearances to spice up the division.

As to be honest the X-Division is possibly the least exciting it has been, ever.

Rubbish, it's been far, far worse than this. Amazing Red was champ for what seemed forever a few years ago, and at one point Abyss was the fucking champ. Brian Kendrick's reign was another notable low point, he had just terrible matches where he did nothing but dropkicks.

At the moment you've got RVD as champ, some decent young blood like Kenny King and Christian York, and they'll be building to the X division themed PPVs in 2013. So, in short, you're wrong.

Fucking hell Samoa Joe is fat. Fat and slow. He was running through his normal spots at half speed when I just flicked over to Challenge. And I'm not having any "yeah, but he was in there with Anderson" type replies, the guy looked like complete shit.

There's a reason for that. Samoa Joe via Twitter on the day of the PPV: "This year's flu is no joke, barely made it through yesterday hoping to power through today".

• Paid Members

All I can remember about this show now is Christian York's rubbish flip kick on the apron. He needs to cut that bollocks out. For a supposed veteran he's worryingly predisposed to indywank.

I just don't rate Christian York in the X-Division much at all. Ever since York faced Hardy a few weeks ago I've really gone off the bloke. King on the other hand is alright but I don't really want to see RVD with the title.

- Abyss's title reign wasnt great either but you still had a fair share of X guys floating around the division. (Actually his matches with Kazarian were the drizzling shits).

- Kendricks reign was highlighted by some brilliant matches with Aries. But he was a shit champion and the X-Divison roster was rather weak then aswell.

- Amazing Reds title reign at the end of 2009 was decent and Don West was an interesting dynamic. With the highlight of that being the Ulitimate X match at Bound For Glory. Again there was a fair share of X Divison guys around

Anyway I stand by what I said. The dept of the X-Divison roster is the poorest it's been.

Fucking hell Samoa Joe is fat. Fat and slow. He was running through his normal spots at half speed when I just flicked over to Challenge. And I'm not having any "yeah, but he was in there with Anderson" type replies, the guy looked like complete shit.

There's a reason for that. Samoa Joe via Twitter on the day of the PPV: "This year's flu is no joke, barely made it through yesterday hoping to power through today".

Ahh, that's fair enough I suppose. He certainly looked like someone trying to wrestle with flu. Haven't seen Joe wrestle in a while so assumed his packing on the pounds was the reason for that shocking performance.

• Paid Members
I just don't rate Christian York in the X-Division much at all. Ever since York faced Hardy a few weeks ago I've really gone off the bloke. King on the other hand is alright but I don't really want to see RVD with the title.

I have to agree. I loved his look at Gut Check, and from his first two or three matches I thought he was some guy who hadn't been given his due, but his past few matches have been really, really sloppy, and not in a negligible way - his botches and fuck-ups completely obliterate suspension of disbelief, even for the most determined fan. Of all the pros I've ever seen on TV, he's the most awkward mover in the ring ever. He just doesn't look like he's committed.

Rubbish, it's been far, far worse than this. Amazing Red was champ for what seemed forever a few years ago, and at one point Abyss was the fucking champ. Brian Kendrick's reign was another notable low point, he had just terrible matches where he did nothing but dropkicks.

At the moment you've got RVD as champ, some decent young blood like Kenny King and Christian York, and they'll be building to the X division themed PPVs in 2013. So, in short, you're wrong.

This X 100

Kendricks reign was awful bar his matches with Austin

Im glad im not the only One that noticed he did nowt but dropkicks

Shit Dropkicks at that

Caught an hour or so of this last night, with little to no expectations. And maybe it was due to that, but I found what I saw very entertaining. Namely the end of the Joe match, the two X-Division bouts (which were both good) and the stuff with Joseph, who remainsone of the best characters in wrestling at the minute.

I loved his look at Gut Check, and from his first two or three matches I thought he was some guy who hadn't been given his due, but his past few matches have been really, really sloppy, and not in a negligible way - his botches and fuck-ups completely obliterate suspension of disbelief, even for the most determined fan. Of all the pros I've ever seen on TV, he's the most awkward mover in the ring ever. He just doesn't look like he's committed.

I know exactly what you mean there. It doesn't bother me as much, though, it feels like he's being cautious rather than hesitant but it's definitely a thing. It reminds me of Steiner, who during his TNA run used to move like that.

I guess the jury is still out on him. He's got something and was booked brilliantly for his debut, and in with guys like Hardy and Roode he looked fantastic. He needs to keep it up though. Problem with RVD is that he's pretty shit himself nowadays, and tends to be a bit awkward, so he and York didn't look great on Impact!

I really like his story though, that'll take him a long way if they play up The Wrestler vibe.

Archived