January Rumours & Transfer Window Thread

Steve Justice

We're just round the corner from the Wenger's most detested time of the footballing season.Who are you linked with? Who is already on there way or even way out? Who would you like?From Arsenals perspective we've been linked with every man and his dog over the last few weeks. I personally cannot see anything big happening. We'll possibly get Henry for a couple of months, and not surprisingly we have been linked with a no named African defender.Wenger has stated that Walcott will not be sold during January, so that means he'll be gone before we play Southampton on Tuesday.EDIT: Also, could this be pinned?

Thus far it looks certain that Daniel Sturridge will be signing for us and we are being heavily linked with Thomas Ince and Jack Butland. All three would be pretty good signings. I'd also like an out and out proven centre forward. Looks like Downing could be off

Wenger has stated that Walcott will not be sold during January, so that means he'll be gone before we play Southampton on Tuesday.

Are Walcott's reasons for not signing so far due to the fact he wants more cash and to play down the middle? If it's the latter he's after, I don't understand where he thinks he can command a move to if he wants to play more as a striker. All the other top teams in the Premier League have much better options than Theo up front so he should just hurry up and sign the contract already. I don't think that a move would be the best choice at this stage of his career.As for Rovers, I think that we could with getting a couple of defenders in, at least one proper winger and a mobile central midfielder. Whether this'll happen remains to be seen though. I can't imagine that many players in their right mind would fancy joining the circus that is Blackburn Rovers these days.

• Paid Members

Are Walcott's reasons for not signing so far due to the fact he wants more cash and to play down the middle? If it's the latter he's after, I don't understand where he thinks he can command a move to if he wants to play more as a striker. All the other top teams in the Premier League have much better options than Theo up front so he should just hurry up and sign the contract already. I don't think that a move would be the best choice at this stage of his career.

Down the middle my arse. The whole 'I want to leave if I can't play up front' thing is a smokescreen. Theo and his agents clearly want more money and that's pretty much the bottom line. He will have advisors tonguing his ear telling him how much of a big name he is and that he is so marketable and because of this he deserves

One of the few Newcastle players I really want them to keep but with the 7.5 million buy out clause might be cheap enough for Arsenal. Wenger tried to play it down in his press conference today something must be in the works

From sky sports

David Moyes insists he is not planning to make any major signings during the January transfer window.

The Toffees manager is adamant that he does not like to do business in January, and expects to hold on to his best players this time around.

Talking of last January, Moyes said: "We spent the money we got in — that is the way we have tended to work. My intention is not to sell anyone this January.

"Because of that what I'll be hoping to do is pick up a couple of loan players or maybe a 'Bosman' if there is anything out there, although at this time of year you rarely get anything of the right quality.

"Normally buying at this time doesn't work, albeit it did for us last year."

So looks like might be quiet time for us and i will take not signing anyone as long as we can keep the squad intact

Thus far it looks certain that Daniel Sturridge will be signing for us and we are being heavily linked with Thomas Ince and Jack Butland. All three would be pretty good signings. I'd also like an out and out proven centre forward. Looks like Downing could be off

Not wanting to be a pain or anything, but when someone posts something like this, mentioning players signing for "us" and the like, when they have no indication of who they support in their avatar or sig, it really does my head in. I know the mention of Downing suggests what team you're talking about, but still.

Is it too difficult to mention the name of the team you're talking about?

Archived