Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

The Heyman interview is unreal. Say what you want about him, but its hard not to get sucked in by him. Listening to him you can see why people were diving off balconies and smashing each others heads in with chairs. He's such good value. Nobody else is getting an interview out of him like that either. He really opened up about ECW (which he rarely talks about anymore) and his opinions on the business. Its hard to think what else you can get out of him, yet there's still another part to drop on Thursday. Excellent stuff.

Heyman selling Austin on the idea of wrestling Lesnar was kool aid serving at its best. He totally broke Austin's usual generic answer and got him to pause the recorder. Austin seemed excited by the prospect, even if it will never actually happened. If anyone can sell him on it, it would be Heyman, though.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

Heyman's second interview is fascinating again (skip to 24min in to avoid Austin waffling about rats).

The actual final moments, with financials, of how ECW folded was really interesting. I don't know how much of it is a shoot, being Heyman, but intriguing nonetheless.

And watch out for the story about Vince sneezing. 'Kin 'ell.

Has Heyman ever done a shoot interview?

No. Not in the traditional, sitting in front of RF Video's holiday camera sense anyway. He has done plenty of interviews over the years though. I have all of the CyberSlam Q and A's on VHS for example where he "shoots" at length on things. He also did an excellent interview with Power Slam a couple of years back which was in depth.

• Awards Moderator
The finale to that phone call story slayed me as did Austin's response.

YES. Please, nobody spoil this for those that haven't heard it yet, it's brilliant.