Best Wrestling Cameos

Killjoy_Gee

I remember being dead excited when the Hulkster popped up in Gremlins 2 when the gremlins stopped the playing of the film and were pissing about in the projection film, and Hogan yelled at them or something.

Wasn't there something about this only being in certain prints of the film? I don't think it was in the cinema version only the video version

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to IMDB...

"When Gremlins 2 made its debut on home video, the filmmakers altered the film-breaking scene, to make it seem as if VCRs had been broken by the gremlins. This time actor John Wayne (in footage from Chisum forces the gremlins into continuing the film, although voice impersonation was needed since Wayne had been dead since 1979. Wayne's son, Michael Wayne, recommended Chad Everett for the voice. Notably, a clip from Falling Hare, featuring Bugs Bunny and a different, cartoon gremlin, appears in this version. "

So they subbed in 'John Wayne' for the home video release to make it more authentic. Allegedly it was too authentic a recreation of a VHS going wrong and some people took their copies back to the store. People with short attention spans clearly.

According to IMDB...

So they subbed in 'John Wayne' for the home video release to make it more authentic. Allegedly it was too authentic a recreation of a VHS going wrong and some people took their copies back to the store. People with short attention spans clearly.

They must literally of dived at the VHS to hit the stop button in time.

Edit: before some smartarse calls me a cunt and reminds me that VHS had remote controls... Yes I am aware they had them.

I always remember being pretty surprised to see the Texas Tornado on my screen as I watched Problem Child. That was unexpected. He didn't seem the type, but you knew right away, his mug was pretty unmistakable.

Not seen it in donkeys years but I don't remember this. When does the Tornado pop up in Problem Child?

Big Show is in Jingle All The Way when Arnie is in the warehouse of dodgy Santas to get the action figure. He gets into a scrap which results in Show (who must have been in WCW as The Giant at this point) appears and unleashes hell on everyone's favourite Austrian.

6559698339_36382b7a57.jpg

I always remember The Rock turning up in one of the Star Trek Series , (I *think* it was voyager), as he played a Romulun warrior or something of that nature!

yeah i remember that done a rock bottom and the eyebrow as well

Archived