Monday Night Raw Discussion 11/11/12

Adam619

• Paid Members
That's pro wrestling man! All about the heat. Stop crying.

Who's crying you dope. Wrestling is about entertainment and I wasn't entertained by it. You are the one who is crying, because you can't accept someone else might find this uncreative shower of shite as entertaining as someone who has standards as low as yours.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent seen raw so i cant comment on what i thought of it, But i have seen my dad have a heart attack when i was a kid and it was the scariest thing ive ever seen in my life. Thats why when it really happened to Jerry i knew it was real ,but this type of thing is what makes people think everything they see is faked. So when something happens in future you will get a lot of people saying ''Oh its been faked they have done this type of thing before''

• Paid Members
Oooooooh! You were not meant to be entertained by it, it was done to draw heat. And it worked on you.

Yeah, turning the telly off was really the heat they were going for. You seem to have no understanding of what heat is. The Rock throwing Austin's belt off a bridge is heat. Brock breaking Triple H's arm is heat. Showing footage of a man having a heart attack and then taking the piss out of it isn't heat. What is it building to? Fuck all that will draw any money.

Standards have fallen obviously.

• Paid Members
Oooooooh! You were not meant to be entertained by it, it was done to draw heat. And it worked on you.

You don't really understand what "heat" is. "Heat" makes you want to see the heel get beaten up/lose a match/lose his title, not switch the TV off.

EDIT - as so often, Ian said it marginally quicker.

Yeah, turning the telly off was really the heat they were going for. You seem to have no understanding of what heat is. The Rock throwing Austin's belt off a bridge is heat. Brock breaking Triple H's arm is heat. Showing footage of a man having a heart attack and then taking the piss out of it isn't heat. What is it building to? Fuck all that will draw any money.

Standards have fallen obviously.

Not everyone turned the telly off, you don't speak for the Raw viewing audience.

People were booing CM Punk, is that not heat?

Not everyone turned the telly off, you don't speak for the Raw viewing audience.

I wasn't. I was replying to you saying "it worked" on me. Keep up.

Heyman should get his sweaty ball sack out on Raw next week if their job is to get boos and do nothing else..

Well there you go then. He got heat from the live crowd. Peole thought he was a dick and wanted to see him get beat. Job done.

• Paid Members

No, so far Ian only speaks for three people in this thinly populated discussion, Butch and myself. Extrapolate from that what percentage of the viewing audience thought "what a shower of cunts they are". And compare it to the number of people saying "what a great angle that was" in this thread, and in the Twitterverse which WWE puts so much stock in.

Personally I was more offended by the length and terribleness of the AJ/John Cena/Vickie storyline. It makes me want to throw my TV out the window.

It's complete bollocks. I still don't understand what it's supposed to be doing in terms of creating a match they can get people to pay to see, since Ziggler and Cena are doing separate matches at Survivors. Unless it's to do with Ziggler cashing in at Survivors after Cena wins, leading to Cena v Ziggler (v Punk?) at the December PPV, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Paid Members
Well there you go then. He got heat from the live crowd. Peole thought he was a dick and wanted to see him get beat. Job done.

If you have to exploit someones near death it says a lot about the show you are watching. It was cheap as fuck. There is no way getting around it.

Anyway, read the thread please. I was taking issue mostly with the footage of a dying man lying on the cold arena floor. Which is indefensible as far as I'm concerned. An audience mostly built up of families should have that sprung upon them. So keep your over sensitive Punk and Heyman defending for another thread.

I watched the CM Punk documentary the other day, well the first hour of it anyway.

I get that CM Punk's character is that he's a massive dick. I also get that he's good at that role because, well, he's clearly a massive dick in real life. What I don't get is why I should want to tune into watch him.

Like Hardy, he's just not a character designed for me, but even so. I find myself disinclined to watch WWE as a result of him being positioned at the top of the tree. I think Paul Heyman is great, but for me he's just plain wrong about Punk, he's not a money-drawing main eventer.

• Paid Members

Regardless of the Heyman/Lawler/Punk stuff, this is one of the worst Raw's I've seen in an age.

They barely had enough content to put into two hours let alone three, but ever since they've made the switch it's been terrible to sit through. And I skip through it, and it still feels like a chore even then.

Punk just does absolutely nothing for me, and the fact that they're resorting to "creativity" like this just sums them up to a tee. They are desperate to make him a draw, and to be fair many fans were clamoring for him to ascend to a more regular slot in the main events, but there's comes a point where you have to say enough is enough. It's not working and they are becoming increasingly desperate.

On the angle itself, Ian started a thread on awkward moments watching wrestling with other people. I'm embarrassed enough watching on my own, let alone if someone else were to see it who didn't have an interest in wrestling.

It's not even the worst thing they've ever done. I guess I just thought that in 2012, they'd have turned some sort of corner and would have seen a bit of a creative resurgence. That they wouldn't have to resort to such bollocks.

Forgive the melodramatic-ness, but up to now I've always thought I'd never grow out of loving wrestling. But the older I get, the more stuff like this just gets my goat and just becomes a massive turn-off. Pretty soon I think I might have to pack it in completely save for Wrestlemania's.

Punk is shit. Foley is a legend, but he consistently cheapens his own legacy. I actually like John Cena, but the AJ angle is just so beneath someone of his standing in the injury. The problem is though, that because he's been carrying the torch so well up to now, there hasn't been anyone who has come along since who can even match him in terms of drawing power, and as a result they're stuck. Cena's body is falling to pieces now, and they still don't have anyone who can really take over the mantle for him. Long-term, it's a pretty sad state of affairs really.

It's been said before, but the similarities in terms of WWE now and WCW in 2001 just before it closed it's doors are there. Obviously the former is still making significant money in T-Shirts and tours, but that'll dry up eventually if they keep up the current trend of crap.

• Paid Members
It's been said before, but the similarities in terms of WWE now and WCW in 2001 just before it closed it's doors are there.

Without these lads to carry the load, however.

01.jpg

• Paid Members

800,000 viewers turned off when the heart attack angle was going on. Not before or after. During. Like as they were doing it. They returned to see Ryback beat up that fake referee and left again when their biggest star Cena and their champion Punk wrestled later on in the show. Jim Ross and Steve Austin have buried the angle in public, as well.

That's some good heat there. Good job.

Archived