Monday Night Raw Discussion 11/11/12

Adam619

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Caldwell one? The bloke's a spastic.

Cole tried to deflect the heat on the promotion for this angle by putting the heat on Punk for the "ultimate sign of disrespect" from the WWE champion.

Again, Cole tried to pass the heat on WWE by putting it on Punk for a "disgraceful" display.

How the fuck is a commentator meant to sell a baddie doing bad things? "My God, folks, the writers have made him do a despicable thing here"? And the same cunt probably moaned when WCW had characters talking about scripts. I don't think I've ever seen a pwtorch contributor that wasn't a full div.

• Paid Members

So was it the whole Heyman/Punk taking the piss out of Lawler having a Heart attack bit that offended people? Can't say it offended me that much to be honest. Hearing massive rumours for the The Rock V Undertaker at Mania this year!!!!!

I still like Foley, I don't know when or why it became so cool to hate him.

Terrible choice of words, takes me back to the endless "... they only boo Cena because it's the cool thing to do" conversations on here.

I don't think any fans of Foley's career now hate him, nobody has said that in this topic anyway.

It has just reached a point now where many of those fans from his wrestling days now barely notice what he does in a wrestling ring because there is less meaning and importance each and every time.

So Miz is face now?

Probably havent been paying much attention recently but how did this come about? Just by him refusing to be on Heymans team?

Kofi kicked him in te face. Miz wanted to shake hands after his loss last week.

• Paid Members
I've read that book and I've still got no recollection of him being TNA champion.

Just checked this. He totally did. Won it at lockdown from sting then lost it in king of the mountain to angle.

• Moderators
For years and years people have been bleeting on about wanting an edgier product

Who has? The general feeling on here is normally that edgy doesn't matter and that things that are interesting and make sense do.

There's something that really does not sit well for me about starting with a vignette with footage of an at the time dead man getting CPR and defibrillator and all that noise, followed by the words "I'll beat you to death", followed by someone feigning a heart attack, followed by Mick Foley showing REAL EMOTION (IE: Shouting) and making comments to the fucking troops.

An all round abhorrent angle.

Also, edgy and tasteless are different things.

• Paid Members

Decent show overall I thought, a massive improvement on last week for sure.

I wasn't hugely offended by the Punk/Lawler/Heyman segment, although I can see why other people are offended by it. Obviously Lawler obviously felt it was fine to exploit it for heat for the company's top heel, and I didn't have a massive problem with that. Perhaps the vignette could have been better handled though, maybe without the footage of the defibrillator.

On an aside, going into Survivor series, I really do see them taking the belt off Punk on Sunday, whether they put it back on him before the rumble, who knows, but I can definitely see them making a big deal of it being 364 days, but not a year.

Archived