Monday Night Raw Discussion 11/11/12

Adam619

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't find the fake heart attack offensive, I just thought it was unnecessary and because it looked so ridiculous (the chances of Heyman actually having a heart attack at that precise moment in time were millions to one, so you instinctively knew it was faked, yet was played up for a moment or two as real), I found that it took away from the impact of Punk's verbals. When he told Lawler "make sure you don't croak before the pay per view", that was just fantastic. You coudl feel the atmosphere in the air coming through the TV screen. And then they went and took it away with the fake heart attack. If they were going to do that, they should have made it so OTT that it was clearly a piss take.

My thoughts on the Lawler/Punk/Heyman segment is that if Jerry was happy and agreed on what would be said and what would be done prior to them going out and doing it then that's what matters. Obviously things could have been a lot worse and I'm sure if the worst had happened and Jerry died things would have been a lot more serious and respectful but he didn't die and ultimately WWE with I'm sure Jerrys blessings turned a tragic negative into a positive which was to create (even if it was cheap) heat on there no1 heel in CM Punk.

I'm pretty sure if Lawler just wanted a moment with the fans to thank-you etc and then return to they announce desk he would have gotten it from Vince.

On the whole PG issue as well, personally id really like to see WWE become more edgy and Raw (pun-intended). Being stuck in the boundries of PG limits what you can and can't do on TV which isn't a good thing for an entertainment company that has to produce engaging TV and storylines on a weekly basis. I think if WWE scrapped the PG rating or at least were allowed to do a little bit more it would allow them to be more creative in their storylines and in how they layout a match which would help WWE be less repetative which is one of my major issues with WWE and one of the main reasons I don't watch the PPVs or Raw or Smackdown and just watch the highlights on youtube. They only way I'd part with 15quid is if I knew without a doubt I was going to witness something new and fresh each and everytime, basically something I couldn't afford to miss but at the minute I really don't feel as though I'm missing out on enough to make me part with my money.

Give me some blood and something contraversal anything but the same generic guys in tights, wrestling the same matches, WWE is turning into the Power Rangers in my opinion.

• Paid Members

The whole "if Jerry said its OK, then its fine" doesn't wash. I don't care what Lawler thinks. His opinion doesn't matter, because he isn't the one who has to sit and watch it. If I posted a picture of my cock on here, I doubt my defense of "well I dont mind" will matter to the people who's computers will have crashed due to the size of the file. I can't think of to many people that enjoyed seeing footage of a bloke who was basically dead. That was worse than the angle they did, which was pretty terrible.

There's no class in WWE. But who ever said there was?

I thought it was horrible showing the King getting worked on backstage. I mean who had the thought of, 'lets film this!!' But its even worse to put it on the show. I honestly don't know what they were thinking last night. It almost felt like they were punishing Lawler for daring to have a heart attack on tv. I have no doubt that Lawler was all for it mind you. What a scummy company it really is.

I was more offended by Derren Brown rifling through that guys stuff on the daft Apocalypse program than the bogus heart attack. I actually thought it was alright. I wasn't wild about them showing the footage of King backstage, but I was even less impressed that somebody was following the "action" with a camera.

I'm thoroughly entertained with the Brad Maddox stuff. Some people aren't rating his talking skills, but I think he's got a really interesting style, and a really strange kind of understated charisma in most of what he does. Hopefully he'll be around for a bit.

I'm not too fussed by the Heyman angle. It wasn't too offensive, but I really don't think it fitted with the promo. It seemed they were just desperate to find ways to be edgy.

I was a little more appalled to see that WWE had their cameras out during Jerry's resuscitation. I personally find that pretty awful.

Personally I was more offended by the length and terribleness of the AJ/John Cena/Vickie storyline. It makes me want to throw my TV out the window.

As for the heart attack thing, i didnt like it, its bad taste...but then again isnt that wrestling? probably might have been okay if it was in anyway interesting. Mick Foley screaming was absolutely awful. The JBL bit on the last page sums it up well enough for me.

Survivor Series looks absolutely shite. R-Truth vs Cesaro? No thanks.

Archived