Monday Night Raw Discussion 11/11/12

Adam619

On Tap Tonight

Cena/Punk Main Event

The return of the King

Ryback vs. Maddox

Vickie/Cena/AJ angle likely to continue with Vickie saying she's got more evidence

Foley announces the fifth member of his team

It's got to be better than last week I guess and even though we've seen Cena/Punk so many times now I'm still looking forward to the main event.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foley announces the fifth member of his team

If it's not Cactus Jack or Brock Lesnar, I'm going to be disappointed.

Actually just read an interview with Triple H where he said Brock was looking to return for Wrestlemania. Hopefully that's a swerve to keep his return a surprise, I'm sure Brock's got over 20 appearances left on his contract.

Looking forward to Ryback vs. Maddox, it'll be interesting to see how they book it considering the storyline, by rights it should be a 30 second squash, but hopefully there's some creativity in it.

Even though King is returning, I hope they keep JR on in a 3 man booth, at least for a short while. He adds so much to the show.

Cena vs. Punk has been done to death, but they can still deliver a fantastic match, plenty of time for it on a 3 hour show.

• Paid Members

It has to be Foley you'd think. If he's still wrestling at the TLC, he'd need to reestablish himself in a match. Would have been better to do the Foley vs Punk match at Survivor Series and do a TLC threeway the following month. So you didn't have to pin Ryback or Cena again.

Here's a strange little fact, Foley hasn't wrestled a match now in WWE for a longer period than he was actually retired from 2000-2004. Weird. I remember thinking he'd been retired for years on end but it was only four years.

Even though King is returning, I hope they keep JR on in a 3 man booth, at least for a short while. He adds so much to the show.

Confirmed three man booth tonight and I'm sure it's nailed on for King coming out to open the show tonight

On paper most of these look quite good and all mixed together they should make a fairly interesting Raw, hopefully that's how it'll be in reality.

Punk and Cena in the main event could obviously be amazing as it has been in the past, can't see it being a straight up match though, thinking there'll be shenanigans, thus not a classic ala Money in the Bank etc as they'd never give that away on the Raw before a big PPV where the two will be facing each other (with a little Ryback added to the mix).

Looking forward to seeing King back, glad JR is still in the three man team as noted on here by others, good to hear it confirmed. JR and the King will always be the best wrestling commentary duo in my eyes as I started watching and grew up listening to these guys.

I am actually really, really looking forward to the Maddox and Ryback match, I know it won't be a straight up wrestling match but fully expect a few twists and turns, I'm calling more shenanigans in this match.

It'll be interesting to see where this AJ and Vickie thing goes too now Cena is in the Title picture, I'm assuming there will be more evidence which seems put together to make it seem as though there was something going on but it's obvious Vickie is messing to make it seem that way. I do expect something to end up happening to reveal that Cena and AJ have been together or maybe it'll be a big twist in a future show and Vickie will inadvertantly find out AJ and Dolph have been together and that may be the way of splitting Vickie and Dolph.

I'm fully expecting Miz to be the big reveal for Team Foley and I'm fully expecting him to cost Team Foley the match at Survivor Series after turning on Team Foley and being in cahoots with Team Ziggler the whole time, or at least in his own head knowing he'd turn on Team Foley the whole time.

But yeah, should be a good Raw, let's just hope it is!

It has to be Foley you'd think. If he's still wrestling at the TLC, he'd need to reestablish himself in a match. Would have been better to do the Foley vs Punk match at Survivor Series and do a TLC threeway the following month. So you didn't have to pin Ryback or Cena again.

Here's a strange little fact, Foley hasn't wrestled a match now in WWE for a longer period than he was actually retired from 2000-2004. Weird. I remember thinking he'd been retired for years on end but it was only four years.

He wrestled in the Royal Rumble in January.

• Paid Members

To be fair, being a 'surprise' Rumble entrant isn't the same as having a proper match. It's not what anyone would consider a comeback.

But yeah, Foley's worthless now. Once upon a time he was one of my favourite ever wrestlers. Now I can't stand the sight of the guy when he pops up on my TV.

• Awards Moderator
Either way it's not like he hadn't wrestled in years - he was World Champion in the 2nd Biggest Promotion.

He was Champion in TNA? I have no memory of this at all. I've got to agree with Arch; once upon a time, Foley was one of my favourites. Now, I don't even struggle to care about what he does - I just don't anymore, really. Not since 'The Hardcore Diaries' came out and was so disappointing, anyway. Was the Flair feud in WWE before or after that book?

I still like Foley, I don't know when or why it became so cool to hate him. Of course he can't wrestle the way he used to, he destroyed his body in crazy matches for our entertainment, but he can still deliver a memorable promo/segment like he did opposite Punk. At this stage, a Survivor Series match would be a great use of him as he wouldn't have to do too much physically.

• Paid Members
Either way it's not like he hadn't wrestled in years - he was World Champion in the 2nd Biggest Promotion.

He was Champion in TNA? I have no memory of this at all.

He wrote his 4th autobiography about it. Countdown to Lockdown.

It's far from brilliant.

Archived