Impact 11/10/12 spoilers and discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Really liked this show. You get a sense someone has went "this Aces and Eights shite isn't working", because we saw them once for 30 seconds. Best episode of Impact in a long while, because the wrestlers just got on with it. They wrestled and they sold the PPV. Bully Ray and Austin Aries were the stars of the show.-The opener between James Storm and Austin Aries was great. Bobby Roode interfered and Aries beat him. Aries didn't seem to mind taking the cheap win. Great way to open the show, though.-Hogan and Sting cut a promo, which was interrupted by Daniels and Kaz, who told them to fuck Bully off and put Kurt Angle in the match and while they were at it, cancel their title match on Sunday. Bully came out and they set up a match between Stinger and Bully vs the champs. It was strange seeing Hogan talk knowing he is going through personal turmoil this week. But it was good to know he had the largest cock in the Impact Zone, so that's a bonus.-Wes Brisco was back! He asked Kurt Angle if he could come to Bound For Glory. Kurt mulled it over. AJ and Kurt then argued about something.-AJ Styles had a half decent match with Hernandez, by Hernandez standards. Hernandez is now using the Punt as a finish, which he finished AJ off with (clean as well!)-D'Lo In A Mask turned up on screen. They had Joseph Park still. He said something about "having a common enemy can unite people". I think they were trying to tease Joseph was with them now. He was eating what seemed to be a packed lunch in the back ground.-Zima Ion came out and said he would wrestle on Sunday, but he's crippled the X Division roster, so he'd have to leave it. RVD of all people turned up and said he'd be his huckleberry and Van Daminatored him. So its RVD vs Ion on Sunday.-Hogan made it clear he didn't like or didn't trust Bully Ray. Bully seemed insulted. Sting was less concerned. Hogan still had a massive giggle stick.-Daniels and Kazarian vs Sting and Bully Ray was just great fun. Bully played the babyface and Sting even did the "get the tables" spot with him. It was the most popular DQ loss you will ever see as well. The match ended when Bully put Daniels through the table. The crowd went mental. Its a match that totally got you interested in Sunday, which was badly needed in this storyline.-Magnus and Samoa Joe set up their match by having a chat backstage. I think Magnus is doing a Mr TV gimmick. He spoke about being a "business man" and being "TV". Challenge TV, aye. He's never off the thing.-Gail Kim and Brooke Tessmacher had the same match they always have. It was longer than the AJ Styles match, which was odd. They should have just pissed through this.-King Mo wearing his fight shorts broke up a brawl between James Storm and Bobby Roode. King Mo is useless.-The main event was Jeff Hardy vs Bobby Roode. Another good match, which the crowd was really into. The ending was weak, though. Roode hit him with a low blow for the DQ loss. But it was for a reason as we found out. Austin Aries came out and turned heel on Jeff Hardy. He said he was sick of the special treatment Hardy gets and how he didn't give a toss about the fans and then gave Hardy a brain buster. Hot little ending.I'm into Bound For Glory much more after watching tonight. No daft stuff on it. They should have done something like this weeks ago though. Better late than never though, I suppose. The two major matches got much needed kicks up the arse. Worth watching for the Sting and Bully match. Bound For Glory looks pretty good now. Hulk Hogan has a large penis.

Aries is just heeling it for the PPV, I doubt it's a full turn. His heel persona is frankly easier to get behind than his face one, which is just the same but inexplicably nice to other faces.Joseph Park eating his packed lunch should join Bobby Roode talking to ducks in the TNA Highlight Reel.

Great episode that only had 2 very little things that bugged me. 1) King Mo couldn't stop looking at the camera while holding Storm back.2) Aries has no idea how to hold a belt over his shoulder.Like i said, very little things.Great seeing Bully Ray play face and the crowd ate it up. Good matches all round. Good little promo from Aries at the end although i hated Hardys. He deserved a brainbuster.

As has been said this has been better than the previous two weeks. They seriously don't know what they are doing with the Aces & Eights, i did mention somewhere recently that they didn't have Wes on the show in a while so a bit shit he was on it just days before the pay per view. As said the best thing on the show was the Bully Ray & Sting match vs The World Champions of the World Champions of the World. (that segment was funny when Bully Ray was ripping it out of their nickname) but yeah it is strong compared to the previous weeks. Lets hope they don't ruin the pay per view on Sunday.

All hyped up now for Bound For Glory. I am finding though TNA and WWE have such a same kind of slant with their main event. Austin Aries is jealous of Jeff Hardy being the company guy and the man and same as CM Punk with John Cena. Both Austin Aries and CM Punk both their respective company champions.

Hernandez is now using the Punt as a finish,

He used the pounce as the finish. Unless that's what you meant, pardon my correction.Quite weird how Bully Ray can get a babyface reaction like that after one episode of Impact. He could show up in the next segment and get booed silly if he wanted to. He's all kinds of awesome right now.

• Paid Members

Hernandez is now using the Punt as a finish,

He used the pounce as the finish. Unless that's what you meant, pardon my correction.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It was late when I wrote that. The Monty Brown thingy.

Quite weird how Bully Ray can get a babyface reaction like that after one episode of Impact. He could show up in the next segment and get booed silly if he wanted to. He's all kinds of awesome right now.

I'm scared they are going to "Tomko"-it on Sunday. People love him now, but the storyline suggests he's turning on Sunday. I bring up Tomko, because they did this a few years back, where the fans loved Tomko. He looked to be a star in the making and then they turned him at the height on the peoples interest. Mind you, Bully is far better than Tomko, so heel or face, he'll make it work. And if anyone can make this Aces and Eights shite interesting its him.

Something interesting someone pointed out on another forum.

RREtk.gif

Check out the bottom front teeth. Those are the "Abyss teeth", not the "Joseph Park teeth". A storyline hint or a screw-up on Chris Park's behalf (i.e. he forgot to put his fake teeth in)?

Yeah I thought he was eating out of a polystyrene box probably full of the Aces and Eights preferred donner meat. Surely the teeth missing has to be a mistake, far too subtle for 99.9% of the audience to notice.Fantastic episode of Impact this week. I felt that BFG was your standard TNA pay per view that would be decent if I chose to watch it but wasn't really important other than the fact that it is held in arena. This week managed to inject some enthusiasm into the build though thank god! Van Dam vs Zema puts some importance in the X title. Roode played a blinder. Aries is no longer floundering. Sting and Bully tore the roof off the place. Good times.

I like this episode as a go home show and really cemented this ppv. I'm looking forward to it now. Aries turn was very good, although it was a bit weird how he pulled out a 'script'. Kinda Russo-esque if you don't mind my saying, but he had felt like he had changed his personality somewhat turning face so it still felt organic and good. I enjoyed all matches and nearly all the segments. Magnus and Joe was a bit weird how they changed the camera angles about three times but meant to still feel like a single shot camera. But Magnus sounded great and little nuances like a slight shudder he gave when Joe called him a coward was bang on the money. Still can't believe AJ is meant to be this gullible, The World Tag Team Champions of the World made his life hell with lies for a whole year but the second they say another, AJ goes off on the deep end. Still I love Daniels and Kazarian, they are pure class.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed this show, great way to build up interest in BFG. What they did with Bully and Sting was brilliant - get some emotional investment in a storyline while barely featuring the main antagonists. Focusing on the "unity in the face of the common enemy" bit really emphasised the big deal it's supposed to be, and it's also a neat little trial run for when Bully really does turn face. For me personally, though, I think it's pretty blatant he's going to turn - all the signs point to it, and there's no way Aces & Eights aren't going over, not with the story so far and the stips given. But yeah, Bully Ray is just pure, unadulterated, 24-carat, fried awesome right now. I agree with Ian - I've never seen a DQ that popular before, even at the height of the Dudleyz' popularity.Roode/Storm actually got a raised eyebrow from me this week. It's been stale for ages, but somehow, they managed to revitalise it, just a little. I really wish Roode would drop the Perfectplex as his finish, though - either stick to the Canadian Crossface, or use the RR spinebuster. If he has to keep the Payoff, turn it into a fisherman buster rather than just the suplex, because it just doesn't look like a finish. King Mo, I don't know what to make of. I wouldn't say he's "useless", but only on the basis that we've seen barely anything from him, and let's face it: he's been a TV wrestler for all of two shows. He may just be mere potential right now, or he might indeed be useless. But this role, as special enforcer, is right for him, I think - he strikes me as the type who will need a hook or angle to introduce him first, rather than a match, simply because a match could well expose his shortfalls, and have him fall flat on his face if he's shit. With this bit of exposure for BFG, it could afford him some investment from the fans which might incline them to be a bit kinder towards him when he does debut.Hernandez using the Pounce is a great idea. He makes it look like a killer, and it's the kind of finish that can get over simply because it comes out of nowhere and destroys every fucker it hits. And whilst Hernandez is still a bit mediocre, he's looking much, much better than he used to. This team with Chavo must surely be benefiting him backstage, with all the know-how the veteran can impart. Chavo may not have been a main-eventer, but he knows how to work. I'm pretty sure Hernandez won't ever be a main-eventer, but he could very well end up becoming a Holly-type midcarder, i.e. a threat to the main event if not a perennial contender.

Archived