RAW 01/10/12

JLM

My favorite moment was when CM Punk tried to unzip his T-Shirt during the bit with JR.

I noticed that and chuckled.

JR Appreciation Night on wwe.com:

http://www.wwe.com/v...1-2012-26056539

http://www.wwe.com/v...1-2012-26056540

http://www.wwe.com/v...1-2012-26056541

http://www.wwe.com/v...1-2012-26056542

CM Punk and Paul Heyman are a great combination.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Pretend Japanese wrestler doing a natural disaster gimmick might be in poor taste now that I think about it.

Kinda forgot to take that into consideration. But yeah, general 2 big men tag team. Thats what WWE are missing. Cant be Big Show though, that man has been in well too many tag teams.

It's strange how things have changed over the past decade or so. First two teams that sprang to mind when someone mentioned the Albert/Brodus tag team idea were the Natural Disasters and the Twin Towers.

Shame about Albert - his gimmick means "Tsunami" would be a great name for a New Natural Disasters team, but yeah: far too inappropriate.

Besides, they should just think of something new. I always liked the names "The Faces of Fear", so it would be great to have something like that, like "The Hands/Faces of Terror" - don't care if it's derivative.

Just as long as the fucker stops dancing they can call him Windy McGusto for all I care. I don't mind a fat man throwing some shapes but he needs to be cool and he actually needs to be able to dance, lardo fulfills neither of these criteria. Looks like his goose is cooked anyway, from beating Ziggler in 4 minutes on PPV to whipping boy is a downward trajectory this useless waste of space needs to stay on.

I can just about abide Tensai but the mans going nowhere. I might have missed it on Smackdown but I was hoping his bullying of Sakamoto would have some pay-off.

• Paid Members
Tsunami and Meteorite - they'd need singlets!! And Jimmy Hart!! But ohhhh man....

Well, "Meteor" would be pretty good for Brodus. Plus it sounds like "Meatier".

Given the inappropriacy of "Tsunami", perhaps "Volcano" or "Magma" for Albert? I dunno.

• Paid Members

Neither of them should be in singlets. Sweet Jesus. I'd Road Warrior them up and call then the Terminators. Terminator Tensai and Terminator Clay. They'd look like some sort of mixture of The Road Warriors, The Acolytes, Kronik and Test and Albert and would suplex and slam the shit out of loads of guys. Kidd and Gabriel, The Usos, Truth and Kofi, Santino and Ryder, Rey and Sin Cara, Primo and Epico - all be tremendous fodder for it. They'd match up well with D-Bry and Kane too, dominating Danny B with Kane making the save for the feel good (they're loving mates really) moment. Ryback squaring up to them would be great too.

• Paid Members
Neither of them should be in singlets. Sweet Jesus. I'd Road Warrior them up and call then the Terminators. Terminator Tensai and Terminator Clay. They'd look like some sort of mixture of The Road Warriors, The Acolytes, Kronik and Test and Albert and would suplex and slam the shit out of loads of guys. Kidd and Gabriel, The Usos, Truth and Kofi, Santino and Ryder, Rey and Sin Cara, Primo and Epico - all be tremendous fodder for it. They'd match up well with D-Bry and Kane too, dominating Danny B with Kane making the save for the feel good (they're loving mates really) moment. Ryback squaring up to them would be great too.

FAT WRESTLERS WEAR SINGLETS UNLESS THEY ARE BIG DADDY V!!! THAT IS THE LAW!!! THE LAW!!!!

Twin Towers are allowed as exceptions

• Paid Members

I think people are forgetting that Brodus and Albert, while incredibly large men are both abysmal and haven't got an ounce of fire in their offense. They also look like something Disney forgot to draw as well. They haven't got the fundamentals down to be a pair of unstoppable monsters. They have tried a million times to do something with Albert. They tried the big monster character with him in 2003 and it didn't work. And Brodus is probably typecast forever now. You have to be as good as Bubba Ray Dudley to be break out of the dancing fat man act, and I dont see that he will be. I wish they would both just go away.

Also, while I'm here, why dont big men rock anymore? Like the Gang or the Boss Man or Yokozuna? The babyface would hit the big man, and he'd be on the heels of his feet with his arms waving and the babyface would wind up for one last blow to knock him down and he'd be cut off. Now you just hit these big fuckers with a drop kick and they hit the deck.

• Paid Members

FAT WRESTLERS WEAR SINGLETS UNLESS THEY ARE BIG DADDY V!!! THAT IS THE LAW!!! THE LAW!!!!

Twin Towers are allowed as exceptions

kamala.jpg

Yokozuna.jpg

Bam%20Bam%20Bigelow.jpg

Bastion-Booger.jpg

Rikishi11.jpg

• Paid Members

I thought Albert was alright in that role in 2003 and I didnt mind him in a big man team with Test either. Brodus was better as a suplex machine too. I think they've got definite value and it's good to have guys that look so different to the rest of the roster and could actually look like some scary freaks.

• Paid Members
I think people are forgetting that Brodus and Albert, while incredibly large men are both abysmal and haven't got an ounce of fire in their offense. They also look like something Disney forgot to draw as well. They haven't got the fundamentals down to be a pair of unstoppable monsters. They have tried a million times to do something with Albert. They tried the big monster character with him in 2003 and it didn't work. And Brodus is probably typecast forever now. You have to be as good as Bubba Ray Dudley to be break out of the dancing fat man act, and I dont see that he will be. I wish they would both just go away.

Maybe Albert has that problem, but personally, I don't think Brodus needs fire, as such. Immovable Object-style fat monsters don't need it - they just need to stand there looking solid and invincible, only moving to drop the Big Arse on the little guy in a way that says "You're merely in my path to Greggs".

You're right about the rocking thing, though - don't think I've seen that in a while. Maybe Menry, but not sure.

I missed the last few minutes due to Youtube copyright business, so I don't know how the main event ended. I got as far as Bryan putting Punk in the No Lock. The match was completely inconsequential anyway.

Sheamus really is shit on the mic most of the time. His match with Sandow was really good, though. When they announced that, I thought it was a bit counterproductive to have Sandow losing on Raw, but he put up such a good fight that he's come away from it far better off than he was before. I don't think it did a great deal for Sheamus though. Considering they're having a cell match in a few weeks, Big Show should have sparked him or something after the match.

Ryback's stuff with Punk was great, but a bit ruined by Ryback looking a right tit failing to get his finisher on rubbish Tensai. He managed it on Smackdown, but as soon as I saw they were having a rematch, I wondered if it might be a bit dodgy to pull off on live telly. Punk was good all night. I'm guessing Ryback is a standby for Hell in a Cell in case Cena isn't ready? That pay-per-view is looking really dodgy. Smackdown has no rivalries with any justification for a cell match, and Raw's one might have one participant not healthy in time.

Cesaro managed to hit his finisher on a big fat bloke, and had a really cracking little match with Santino on Smackdown, but there's no reason to care about anything he does. Bragging in five languages sounds better as a heat-seeking device on paper than it is in reality.

Brodus is limited enough that Dancing Fat Man is the best thing for him, but in WWE, most wrestlers do fuck all of worth and that means either being forgettable or (if there's something memorable about you) being completely one-note and getting annoying and overexposed. Either way, there's no point putting him in a tag team with Albert. Albert is fucking shite and should get a P45, not a new tag team push. Two fat lads squashing The Usos is material for Superstars anyway, not Raw or Smackdown.

I thought this week was better than most of the three-hour shows. None of the matches seemed to drag as much, but there's still the sense that they're just dragging stuff out to fill the time. Miz vs Ryder existed for no reason at all, and it's a shame, because it'd be easy enough to create a decent feud between them. Kofi vs Del Rio was there to give them an excuse to play clips of Del Rio's encounters with Orton from Smackdown. Not worth it.

Everything AJ does is really bad. I'm in full agreement with everyone praising Heath Slater's work this year. I'm intrigued by his new faction, mostly because it really is just an odd jumble of misfit jobbers. I'm not sure whether it's intentionally stupid that he's still calling himself the One Man Band whilst being in a trio that (judging by the histrionics) has some kind of band gimmick.

Archived