Preston City Wrestling - Invasion - Nov 9th

fludder99

I'm actually gonna agree on the swearing thing, and on excess. There was a bit of course, but I'm struggling to remember that much. The chants that got me were some of the main event chanting, that ridiculous Dave Rayne thing, some of the weird stuff during the Love/KLR match, although it wasn't as regular in that one either.

The swearing thing IS an odd one, and something which is harder to control for me when there's excessive amounts of alcohol involved. But even then when I was talking to my mate at the interval and swearing, I turned and seen a kid sitting next to him and instantly curbed it. I'd say if you're going to swear at a family show, at least curb it a bit. Take a bit of care with the surroundings. It's one thing to say "aye, there's swearing" but lets remember that there ARE a good number of kids there, and if you make parents stop taking them, it's PCW that will be hit the hardest, and then therefore it could be us as fans as well.

There seems to be an issue with the main event especially, and I agree. I was giving it quite a lot of the "Let's Go Noam!" but the number of times I turned around to the other lot and thought to myself "seriously?" was incredible. The "Deep Fried Arm Bar" one wasn't one of them times. And who cares if they don't know what an Arm Bar actually is? It was bordering on self parody at times though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

People in the crowd who try to get themselves over with "hilarious" chants and shite at wrestling shows should be thrown out and banned from ever going to the wrestling ever again. You won't believe how much it pisses me off when I'm watching it.

Hopefully it will be a one off and not the start of a new trend, if PCW becomes like that every time it will ruin the show for everyone; fans, wrestlers, promoter and families.

If you want to chant and scream there's plenty of opportunity to do it and add to the show rather than negatively effect it. Never seen a wrestling crowd quite like that and hope I don't again.

I hope the lads involved in the rubbish chants are reading this. Although I'm pretty sure there's going to be some sort of "fuck the UKFF" chant at the next PCW show now :(

Well have had a message from someone who was once a member here re the fans,.basically they dont post on here, and are regulars at the Warehouse (explains alot, rock club for 12 year olds)are socially awkward generic Warehouse types and mask themselves with 'comedy' put downs to paraphrase what was said.

The top lot of chants ( deep fried armbar, you've had my dad,smack and haggis) are 3 guys that go to pretty much every show and constantly chant. 90% of it is shite and them just trying to get themselves over but they never stop

I'm one of them. It's nothing to do with 'getting ourselves over'. It's about making noise. I'd like to point out that as well as the chants mentioned, 90% of what we chant is actually "Let's go <Wrestler>", or just the guy/girls name if it fits or whatever specific chant they have (D.I.S.C.O, Ole ect.). You've had my Dad goes back to an early show, where Noam Dar shouted at us that he'd had our Dad. So yes, I'm going to shout that back at him, because it was funny.

The you're our Cena is Joey Hayes, not Travis. It's nothing to do with his looks or style, we're not stupid. It's entirely down to the dueling chants he got - GI Joey/Joey Sucks.

The only wrestler I've ever spoken to that's taken offence at something I've chanted was Colt Cabana, who objected to me chanting 'Scotty Goldman'.

I have to say that for a show that looked so good on paper, I was amazed to leave so disappointed at the end of the night. The opening tag match was going really well until the DQ finish, but that was the best match of the first half and the rest of that half was really flat.

Things didn't improve in the second half until the Joey Hayes match, but by then the chants from the crowd had become so annoying that it took away from the ring.

The main event was also impacted by this, to the extent that the wrestlers were becoming annoyed and a second crap finish didn't help my opinion of the show as I was on my way home.

I already have tickets for the December show, so I'll be going to that, but if the atmosphere is the same I think I'll give PCW a miss from then on. Too many wankers spoiling it for the rest of us.

Was that fat Scottish guy usually wearing a floral shirt, with hair slicked back, a straw hat and has a scottish flag there? You my friend are a fucking idiot. At the September show he had a go at another guy for wearing a hat and said to him "What are you doing with a hat on? I'm the one with the hat, I'm getting myself over". That was possible the worst moment I've had as a fan (The bloke he said this to was a regular who Noam Darr used his hat for abit)

Also many of the fans there are fucking idiots. The amount of swearing and insider jokes is too much.

• Moderators

I'm not buying what you're selling, I'm afraid. He appeared all of twice as Scotty Goldman and was hardly memorable. And he would have been announced as Colt Cabana, and I'm sure PCW has a clear MC and a very good sound system so you'd be able to hear that.

Unless Scottish Hat Guy and the boys were chanting "WHERE'S THE TAG ROPES?" or something during the introductions.

Archived