Preston City Wrestling - Invasion - Nov 9th

fludder99

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a great show indeed! The only downside was the two sets of "fans" who decided to ignore most of Travis/Dar and just started chanting at each other. Proper bad meffs :( Although I suppose the smaller group of lads were just trying to keep the larger group of goons quiet, so sort of well done to them for trying. Still, very much looking forward to the next show. Travis vs Lionheart again? Yes please. Yes times a million.

Project lucha beat Fight club by dq

Dave rayne beat Scott maverick

Davey Blaze beat Mad Man Manson

Dave Mastiff beat Joe Coffey

BT Gunn Beat Joey Hayes

T Bone beat lionheart

Noam Dar Beat Kris Travis By DQ

Project Lucha v Young Bucks Was Annouced for jan

During a dave rayne promo goldusts music played which suggests it will be him and rayne in June

It was a great show indeed! The only downside was the two sets of "fans" who decided to ignore most of Travis/Dar and just started chanting at each other. Proper bad meffs :( Although I suppose the smaller group of lads were just trying to keep the larger group of goons quiet, so sort of well done to them for trying. Still, very much looking forward to the next show. Travis vs Lionheart again? Yes please. Yes times a million.

There were at least 4 different sets of choruses or groups of chanters. 3 by the bar, and 1 the other side of the DJ booth. Some of the chants came from the biggest group by the bar but the others, one lot spent the entire time shouting out sexual remarks in general In appripriate erection in T Bone vs Lionheart got T Bone to tease the crowd anyway, starting the Redneck chants at Angelina and had an obsession with penises, which was down right odd, The other came up with a few decent ones, before descending into Classic Heel at everything :/. The guys the other side of the DJ booth were fun as bouncing off three different sets by where us lot were, but it all got a bit football and dull towards the end.

Fishers is getting on my wick, Started off with refusing to serve Cum Doctor, because they thought he looked under 25, and were really fucking slow at serving all night. Stupid Jobsworth assholes. Somewhere else for the December show then?

As for the event itself

Project Lucha beat Fight club by dq- Cracking match seeing Mexcian Dragons ;) Tagging against fight club, both teams played up to the crowd and both teams had a good chemistry in the ring, one of the best matches of the night I thought. Would love to see them go at it again.

Dave Rayne beat Scott Maverick- Cracking match from these two, even with the Disco Dave Rayne chants because the lights chucked a wobbler. Really fun stuff. Dave is so over at PCW it's ridiculous

Davey Blaze beat Mad Man Manson- Awesome stuff, the running of the ropes, the looking at the lights for Angelina Love, A 2nd Rope move from Manson. And Holy shit chants were cracking stuff. Very very entertaining

Dave Mastiff beat Joe Coffey- I was disappointed with this as was expecting something else and not just chain stuff and rest holds. Im probably the only one who was expecting these two guys to have a war of sorts, yes they can wrestle, but something didnt really click and I wasnt really into it as much as I should of been.

Angelina Love beat Kaylee Ray Good match, not sure what everyone's beef was with it, because Angelina exuded star quality, even though was Daizee Haze, style thin, was a bit of a shock seeing her looking that thin. The she needs a kebab chants didnt really work. But she was class and the match with Kay Lee was good. Some people shat on it because it wasnt vs Carmel, but I enjoyed it for what it was and Angelina seemed to be lapping up some of the banter. Still not sure how Redneck chants work, but hey ho. Also the sexual chants from Frightnight were forth coming from one of the groups near the bar so the other groups tried to drown them out again :/

BT Gunn Beat Joey Hayes- Match of the night, mainly because I left not long into Noam vs Trav because I'm still not over the lurgi. Joey as a heel was great and the two of them nearly wiping out the old guy was a great spot. Good wrestling, all sorts of stuff, enjoyed it.

T Bone beat Lionheart Didnt see much of this because was starting to feel like shat, so sat down by the bar, from what I did see, those two battered the crap out of each other in an exciting match, that will pick up on DVD

Noam Dar Beat Kris Travis By DQ The start to this was electric, deffo one of my all time PCW moments. The crowd the atmosphere and the tension were off the fucking scale. The match started off brightly but I had to go as was basically dying at this point. If someone could fill me in on the rest I would be much appreciated.

Good to see the Forumites and chat with everyone as usual. Top night, just wish was well enough to appreciate it better

There were sections of the crowd that were more intent on making themselves laugh than actually watching and getting into the matches and some of the chants were very obnoxious and it spoiled the night in particular the main event where Noam Dar in particular was getting fed up and shouted for them to shut up, and not in a heel getting heat way. The guys are out there working hard and putting their bodies on the line for peoples entertainment and some people were just plain disrespectful and it hardly encourages the guys to go all out when nothing they do in the ring is getting the crowd to really engage with the match and is just trying to make fun of them. The Progress crowd can be a bit like that but this was much worse. I've been to loads of shows over the last few years but that was one of the worst crowd responses I've seen, especially in what was working out to be an excellent main event, obviously not everyone was involved and there is always the odd one in every crowd, but in this instance there were a lot of people I thought who were taking away rather than adding to the show with the type of thing they were shouting and chanting.

I've not seen it anywhere near as bad as that at PCW before and I hope it is a one off.

For me and Tyson SL who went with me, I'm sad to say the night was a bit of a disappointment, on paper it looked great but on the night nothing really seemed to click. The 2 matches that were really delivering (the opener with Project Lucha vs Fite Club and the main event between Dar and Travis) were spoiled by soft endings and the rest of the matches didn't really seem to gel like I would of imagined. That might have been due to the crowd in some ways, but whatever it was, nothing else really seemed to get going and the usual PCW atmosphere wasn't there.

The opening tag started slowly and was building and building into a great match before a frustrating DQ with Kid Fite deliberately punching meant the match didn't get the ending it deserved.

The main event between Travis and Dar was living up to peoples expectations and if the crowd were as engage in the stuff they were doing in the ring rather than shouting back and fourth at each other then they would have been blowing the roof off the place. They were having a really exciting match but it ended with a really soft count out finish where a double count out was teased only for Fite Club to run down and throw Dar back in the ring in time to beat the count. The main event was going to be something special but unfortunately the ending just didn't do it justice. They need to have a rematch down the line and have a clean finish. Hopefully the crowd will be more with it and Travis and Dar can go out there do what they do and get the appreciation they deserve for what is sure to be a excellent match.

Considering Fite Club have been involved in spoiling the scramble match finish at the anniversary show and then their own match and the main event, it's becoming very samey and frustrating. And I know it's their character to be sneaky heels, but I'd prefer them to not have to cheat every single time they are on the card as it just means every match they are involved in (or involving one of their allies) will predictably be spoiled by it. Fite Club are talented guys and they don't need to just rely on being cheating heels to be worth the place on the card. I've seen them have what could have been great matches but too many times it's spoiled by screwy finishes. I'm not saying they should change their character completely or never cheat as that's part of their persona as heels but just not to the point where they do it to finish every single match.

I understand about furthering storylines, it's part of wrestling and sometimes you sacrifice a match to add to a story but I thought that it really spoiled what could have been 3 of the best matches at the last few shows. And to have 2 finishes like that on this one show, especially in the opener and the big main event, it wasn't what you hope for as a fan. As wrestling wise it doesn't start the show with type of excitement or finish the show with the type of satisfaction that you want.

Outside of the in ring stuff Lionheart closed the show with a thank you message and an explanation as to why he is retiring. But unfortunately technical difficulties did arise, but thankfully the crowd was able to keep quiet and let him speak without the use of a microphone. Really sad to see Lionheart retire as he's been one of the best of the scene for a long time, but at least he is getting the chance to go out on a high with Travis and is able to leave the industry seemingly free from any bad or long term injuries. So good luck to him, he will be missed.

Also considering this was meant to be PCW vs PBW, not a lot was made of the rivalry and i thought maybe if the scores were highlighted after every match and maybe it was neck and neck going into the final matches so at the end there was an out and out winner would have help add to the rivalry, tension and excitement.

I'm not sure what it is but for me the last couple of shows I've been haven't really seemed to have the magic that the likes of Spring Slam or Guild Wars had. PCW has a great roster, venue and usually a good crowd, so all the components are there and although there has been some good stuff along the way i'm not sure why the shows as a whole haven't quite hit the high standards it set in the middle of the year, but I'm sure it's just a blip in form. Hopefully the mega stacked Festive Fury and the January show with the Bucks will see a big return to form and quite frankly if you have Dar vs Morrsion, Ligs vs Moss, Eddie vs Elgin, Lionheart vs Travis and Zack vs Eddie amongst others I'm sure it will be.

There was some ridiculously smarky shit getting chanted out. I'm not sure that they help themselves when they use words like "heel" and stuff in promos, which I fucking despise. So yeah, stop it.

A lot of the stuff chanted at Noam Dar was the Scottish stuff, which is fine by me really. It's not like they weren't watching the match. And when most of the crowd don't appear to be into it and those sections are keeping things going, then fuck it. Other sections of the crowd are actually allowed to get into the action you know.

I just spent most of the show shouting and screaming encouragement towards the Scottish contingent. Which did them no good as five of them lost, but fuck it.

I completely agree with the comments about the large group of people near the bar who were chanting just for the sake of it, making up ridiculous and frequently offensive chants rather than paying any respect to the wrestlers who were working so hard in the ring. These people clearly think they are clever and witty but thats not how they look to the wrestlers or the rest of the fans.

In terms of wrestling it was an excellent show and thanks as ever to Mr Fludder for all his efforts.

Wasn't CJ Banks supposed to be there?

I completely agree with the comments about the large group of people near the bar who were chanting just for the sake of it, making up ridiculous and frequently offensive chants rather than paying any respect to the wrestlers who were working so hard in the ring. These people clearly think they are clever and witty but thats not how they look to the wrestlers or the rest of the fans.

In terms of wrestling it was an excellent show and thanks as ever to Mr Fludder for all his efforts.

Wasn't CJ Banks supposed to be there?

Which group? There were at least 3 different groups, though see how it could have looked like one. There was one group to the left of the gap to go to the bar, one in the middle and next to the DJ booth and one who were on god only knows what just behind everyone. Which chants were ridiculous and offensive, can narrow it down from there.

Archived