Preston City Wrestling - Invasion - Nov 9th

fludder99

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well summed up Benny on both the matches and the chanting.

Also, to those who got me drinks after I found the Ryback of Natwest ATM machines before the meetup, ta very much again, it will be re-paid next month!

Finally congrats to Richie who was actually still standing when the show ended :)

• Moderators
If anyone has any issues with what's being chanted, why not just start another chant?

Because loads and loads of chants just for the sake of chanting and to appear funny to your mates is really fucking shit and weak.

If you're chanting because you're dead into a match and supporting one of them, that's great. If you're just trying to be clever, then not so great. Because they're never clever. And they annoy everyone else.

• Moderators

I honestly don't understand the mentality of silly chanters...

Actually, I think I do...

They reckon that a wrestler will hear them and go to themselves "That was dead funny and clever" and the wrestler will go to them after the show and go "That was dead funny and clever" and they'll be mates forever and the chanter will tell all his friends how he's friends with the wrestler because he was dead funny and clever.

Not going to happen though. Ever.

If anyone has any issues with what's being chanted, why not just start another chant?

Because loads and loads of chants just for the sake of chanting and to appear funny to your mates is really fucking shit and weak.

If you're chanting because you're dead into a match and supporting one of them, that's great. If you're just trying to be clever, then not so great. Because they're never clever. And they annoy everyone else.

I repeat though, why don't you chant let's go Travis if you don't like me chanting smack and haggis? If it annoys you that's surely even more reason to chant over the top of me. Apparently though me and my friends being into the matches annoys you lot, because we're having bogus reasons ascribed to our chants.

We're not 'trying to get over' (what a ridiculous concept to start with) or 'trying to be clever'. Watching wrestling in silence is really not for me. I'm going to cheer for the guys I like and give shit to the ones I don't.

Archived