John Cena out of action 4-6 weeks after having surgery.

The Natural

(to Zane) You mean like they had been doing with Punk since last summer?

C'mon now...

Even the onscreen storylines are incorporating the fact that Punk has been positioned behind Cena, in spite of the fact he is the champion. The bulk of Cena's (very good) "go-home" promo before the PPV was all about how Punk has been "champion for 300 days and for 300 days the championship has been irreverent". JBL also did a great job putting over Punk's points on the PPV, pointing out how his title defenses have taken a back-seat to whatever Cena has been doing and how few actual main event spots on PPV his matches while Champion have had. It's all added to Punk's "legitimate" reasons to be angry, justifying his heelish actions.

It may well be entirely the plan by WWE (giving legitimate reason's for Punk's bitterness) or it may be their lack of faith in Punk being in the main event spots, but either way it's a fact that he's been positioned as Number Two, at best, while he's been the Champ.

You can't argue it's some fan-invented anti-Cena/pro-Punk conspiracy when it's a featured part of the Punk/Cena feud now. They've made it a very clear feature of the TV product over the last month.

Zane said elevate someone else, not make someone their new main guy above Cena. So yes, Punk is a perfect example.

Actually, he said "elevate someone else while Cena can't wrestle but they won't".

Seeing as Cena hasn't been unable to wrestle since last summer, your point doesn't make sense. Punk hasn't been pushed in place of Cena, which is what Zane was referring to. Punk has been pushed just behind Cena, as is the case with everyone for years and years.

He was clearly hoping they'd push someone in Cena's place (i.e. as the focal point of the shows) while he wasn't there. Not that they'd just generally elevate someone, while keeping Cena on top. People go up and down the card all the time, but no-one gets the full on, constant Top-Guy treatment that Cena gets.

From WWE's Facebook page:

JOHN CENA INJURY UPDATE: 9/19/12, 5:40 p.m.

The information published about John Cena's recovery was given to WWE.com prior to surgery. In speaking to Dr. Andrews after the procedure, in light of the amount of work that needed to be done and the number of bone chips removed, the prognosis for recovery is closer to six to eight weeks.

Knowing John Cena, the former WWE Champion will do everything he needs to get back in the ring as soon as possible.

I can't see WWE wanting to put Cena into a Hell in a Cell match in that state, but then I thought he'd be out for the full amount of time from the pec tear, so what do I know?

From WWE's Facebook page:

JOHN CENA INJURY UPDATE: 9/19/12, 5:40 p.m.

The information published about John Cena's recovery was given to WWE.com prior to surgery. In speaking to Dr. Andrews after the procedure, in light of the amount of work that needed to be done and the number of bone chips removed, the prognosis for recovery is closer to six to eight weeks.

Knowing John Cena, the former WWE Champion will do everything he needs to get back in the ring as soon as possible.

I can't see WWE wanting to put Cena into a Hell in a Cell match in that state, but then I thought he'd be out for the full amount of time from the pec tear, so what do I know?

HIAC isn't the violent spectacle is used to be, the most recent ones I've seen have been a standard match held inside a cell for the most part.

John Cena on twitter:

John Cena took to Twitter today and had harsh words for the WWE.com story that said his rehab time from elbow surgery was around three weeks. "Some #jackwagon from WWE.com apparently posted me recovering in 14 days. I spoke in depth with my surgeon Dr James Andrews, and he specifically told me due to the amount of fragmentation, SIX WEEKS is a safer time table for recovery. I apologize on behalf of a website whose credibility is now equal to The Onion please WWE web guys, get your monkey frankin facts straight!" [Edited for clarity.]

Credit: prowrestling.net

Unlike John Cena.

As good as Cena/Punk are together, I hope he isn't ready for HIAC, just to see who they throw into the title picture. I would assume it would have been King if it wasn't for the obvious. Now I have no idea! Maybe Kane & Bryan in a triple threat or Sheamus in a Champ vs Champ match as he doesn't have an obvious opponent either.

As good as Cena/Punk are together, I hope he isn't ready for HIAC, just to see who they throw into the title picture. I would assume it would have been King if it wasn't for the obvious. Now I have no idea! Maybe Kane & Bryan in a triple threat or Sheamus in a Champ vs Champ match as he doesn't have an obvious opponent either.

They would probably throw Orton into the mix unless he's gonna face Sheamus.

• Paid Members
The John Cena thing actually reads somewhat like someone ruined his 'surprise' comeback and he's pissed about it.

Indeed. He could have simply said "According to WWE.com, I'll be recovering in two weeks. I wish it was only two, I'll actually be out for 6-8". Instead, he's forgotten about the whole nice guy/"Don't give fans a reason not to like me" mentality and made a big deal out of a minor mix-up by whinging at some poor nerds. The only way I'll be surprised is if he's not back by week nine.

They would probably throw Orton into the mix unless he's gonna face Sheamus.

isnt Orton away making a movie?

Archived