Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I just visited April Hunter's website to put my curiosity to ease. Amazingly she STILL has a subscription site where you have to pay to see the "goods". In 2014. If you have a few quid spare for wank material, its not going to be on April Hunter. Surely nobody in the last decade has signed up.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I just visited April Hunter's website to put my curiosity to ease. Amazingly she STILL has a subscription site where you have to pay to see the "goods". In 2014. If you have a few quid spare for wank material, its not going to be on April Hunter. Surely nobody in the last decade has signed up.

Fucking hell mate, I think you've spoken about April Hunter more than anybody in the last decade :laugh:

Now WWE have the network (or certainly when they kick it into fifth gear internationally) I wonder if they can remedy the shite pit that is the 9 months outside the Rumble to Mania period by having two Wrestlemanias a year. One every six months. Obviously they'd call it something different but if they had two mega events a year at polar ends of the calendar year they could give themselves something to really build on.

So essentially build up the Survivor Series then?

What, you mean with epic storylines~? No, I mean another Wrestlemania. An event that goes beyond anything else. It doesn't have to be a replica of Wrestlemania, just something on that level of supreme grandeur and spectacle. They have the facilities and resources to pull it off IMO.

They could maybe bring in Starrcade as a massive event on the level of Wrestlemania I suppose. I think it would take away from Mania if they put it in a stadium or something though.

Why, though? It's an event that's 15 years past its sell by date. What's the point in looking back? Wrestling fans are a nostalgic bunch, granted, it's in our DNA. But you can't be relying on your Hogans and your Stings and Starrcades forever. We might like a trip down memory lane but the rest of the world want something new, fresh and exciting. Can you remember when you first got into wrestling? I bet it wasn't reruns of early AWA matches that had you hooked.

• Paid Members

Isn't Summerslam essentially what you're describing though? I'm sure they have fan Axxess events for that too. To be honest, it used to feel like a mini Wrestlemania in the past, until the last 4 years or so have been average.

They could maybe bring in Starrcade as a massive event on the level of Wrestlemania I suppose. I think it would take away from Mania if they put it in a stadium or something though.

But you can't be relying on your Hogans and your Stings and Starrcades forever. We might like a trip down memory lane but the rest of the world want something new, fresh and exciting.

Have you not watched WWE wrestling on television recently or something?

Why, though? It's an event that's 15 years past its sell by date. What's the point in looking back? Wrestling fans are a nostalgic bunch, granted, it's in our DNA. But you can't be relying on your Hogans and your Stings and Starrcades forever. We might like a trip down memory lane but the rest of the world want something new, fresh and exciting. Can you remember when you first got into wrestling? I bet it wasn't reruns of early AWA matches that had you hooked.

That's true. It might pull in some older fans though. Plus it's more likely that older fans would get the Network than younger fans in my opinion. So seeing as the majority of PPV business is going to come through the network now maybe Starrcade wouldn't be such a bad idea.

So i've been watching quite a few mid 90's PPV's on the Network lately. Vince's commentary style really irks me. So much so that i'm finding it hard to watch the shows with sound. What's the general consensus on his commentary?