What promotions do you associate wrestlers with

HWM

Something that interests me a little bit is guys who have spent years in different promotions but are associated with a certain one. I guess this may depend where you first saw them, how long you've been watching etc.

Someone like Lance Storm, who spent the majority of his career in WWE, but you might put him as an ECW or WCW guy. Rhino, although he only spent a couple of years there, I would still associate with ECW.

Flair might be NWA, Hogan would most likely be WWF.

Catch my drift?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lance Storm, I'd associated with both WCW and ECW, mainly because he won more titles there. Strange one.

Sting I'd still associate as a WCW guy, even though he's been in TNA for years now. Ric Flair, the same. And Hulk Hogan the WWF like you.

I'm not sure who to say without suggestions really, as the amount of wrestlers is huge.

I think the interesting ones are the guys who have flipped and flopped from one organisation to another.

I would always consider, Nash, Hall and X-Pac WWF guys.

Same with Sid, even though his spells there were brief.

Vader I would consider a WCW guy.

Jeff Jarrett a WCW guy.

Marc Mero a WCW guy.

I think I would even consider Benoit a WCW guy before I consider his WWF work.

RVD will always be ECW.

What about Luger? For me Luger would be a WCW guy, though he obviously had his short run towards the top of the card in the WWF.

Yeah Luger I'd go with WCW. Same with Nash, Hall and all the NWO lads (apart from Waltman).

• Paid Members
I think the interesting ones are the guys who have flipped and flopped from one organisation to another.

I would always consider, Nash, Hall and X-Pac WWF guys.

Same with Sid, even though his spells there were brief.

Vader I would consider a WCW guy.

Jeff Jarrett a WCW guy.

Marc Mero a WCW guy.

I think I would even consider Benoit a WCW guy before I consider his WWF work.

RVD will always be ECW.

Marc Mero I'd always class as a WWF guy, simply for the fact that he was in he WWF Attitude videogame, and never heard of him until then.

Strangely, I'd consider Nash and Hall WCW guys, but X-Pac a WWF guy. And Benoit and Jarrett, WCW guys.

Sting, Luger and Flair. All WCW guys.

Hogan, Bret and Savage All WWF guys.

Although I judge it by where they became stars so even though Austin, Nash and Hall wrestled in WCW first, I'd have to say they are WWF guys.

• Paid Members

Same here Trips, was just thinking the same. I think it's because I missed a lot of the first Diesel run in late 94/early 95 and because I hated both his other WWE returns even though I like Nash. He never seemed to fit or be comfortable in either of his other two runs. Hall was always awesome as Razor and I think Razor is possibly more fondly remembered in WWE history than Diesel. Nash had big, big angles in WCW, despite the initial nWo angle, Hall never reached the heights he probably should have in WCW and I associate it with his downward spiral.

Also oddly, for me Benoit is WCW and Eddie is WWE.

I think everybody's a WWE guy to me, as it's likely that as soon as a name gets mentioned, my nerdy internal rolodex will leap to the memory of what they did there. Unless they've never been, obviously. The only possible exception to that would be Flair, but even then his 91-93 WWF tenure is my favourite of his career. Oh, and Jeff Jarrett, who is TNA, then WWE, then WCW, to me.

I have wondered this before - if you had never seen so much as a sniff of wrestling before the the 97/98 boom and were watching both shows, would Hogan be a WCW guy? Or is Hogan always the exception because people just knew of him regardless?

• Paid Members

Regal = WWE not WCW

Tazz = ECW not WWE

Dudleys = WWE not ECW

Ron Simmons WWE not WCW

Earthquake = WCW not WWE

Bossman = WCW not WWE

Just some that came to my mind first. Think i may be alone in the last 2.

• Paid Members

Bossman name was always Bossman to me probably due to a couple of name changes in WCW but his run i associate with him most is WCW.

I typed Earthquake because of all his names as well Avalanche/Shark/Trenta.

WCW changed people names every single week.

Zodiac is pure WWF to me though.

Archived