What promotions do you associate wrestlers with

HWM

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I didn't see his first WWF run as it happened so i only could go by the tapes i owned. Never liked him so didn't really pay much attention to him whilst going through 93 to 97 WCW i have had no choice but to watch him since he was getting a decent push.

Weirdly, I was thinking about Angle coming up on 6 years in TNA, which is now only about 7/8 months less than his WWE TV run. He's just about certain to become a longer standing TNA guy than WWE one. Amazing that, isn't it? I'm a wrestling fan, and have been mostly been a TNA fan in that time too, and even to me it still feels like he's fell off the radar a bit compared to the superstar he was at the start of the 00s. To those that don't even know TNA's a thing, he might well have just retired.

Weirdly, I was thinking about Angle coming up on 6 years in TNA, which is now only about 7/8 months less than his WWE TV run. He's just about certain to become a longer standing TNA guy than WWE one. Amazing that, isn't it? I'm a wrestling fan, and have been mostly been a TNA fan in that time too, and even to me it still feels like he's fell off the radar a bit compared to the superstar he was at the start of the 00s. To those that don't even know TNA's a thing, he might well have just retired.

As much as I am enjoying TNA right now, I guess that just shows how insignificant it is in comparison to WWE. There is no casual audience for TNA, where there are loads of people that don't watch wrestling but know WWE exists.

I still think of Angle as a WWE guy, but Anderson I think of as a TNA guy. Samoa Joe, AJ, Aries, Daniels.. all those guys I see as TNA guys, rather than ROH.

Christian is a weird one, for me whenever I see a glimpse of him on WWE, I always think "Look, it's a TNA guy".

• Paid Members

Roddy Piper for WWF

RVD for ECW

Jeff Hardy for WWE

Hogan for WCW *ducks* - I think of Hogan as NWO/Hollywood Hogan and whenever he's in the yellow and red get up its like a character guest spot. I'm too young to recall the original Wrestlemania.

I agree with most of the selections here with the exception of Sid. For me he will always be that devestating monster, Sid Vicious, in WCW. A few other that come to mind

Brian Pillman & Billy Kidman (WCW)

Mike Awesome, Spike Dudley, Rhyno (ECW)

I also had an odd moment when I think of Russo and Bischoff. For me they are WWE and WCW respectivly but I remember them most for what they did in the opposite companies.

Where do people stand in regards to Hogan? Major runs in all 3 with huge influences. I would say WWF but can see arguements for all.

Hogan is WCW for me just because he was there throughout the boom period and was in the NWO etc. I watched him in WWF as a kid but was more into wrestling when he was in WCW.

Vader is a definite WCW for me.

I have wondered this before - if you had never seen so much as a sniff of wrestling before the the 97/98 boom and were watching both shows, would Hogan be a WCW guy? Or is Hogan always the exception because people just knew of him regardless?

I would subscribe to this. Hogan has always been one of the big 4 of WCW for me (alongside Flair, Sting and Goldberg), because I got into wrestling in 98/99. I knew of his WWF past, but I will always connect with him for his WCW/nWo stuff. As a result, I view him as a WCW guy, although I know the vast majority will view him as WWE (and quite rightly).

Ditto Nash, Hall, Booker and Steiner.

Archived