2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Motherwell 0 - Panathanakos 2.

Looks like an early exit for the Well.

To be expected when playing against sides of that quality. We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves as we played very well, but we just lacked the final touch of quality that a club such as Panathiniakos have.

Watched the game on a high quality stream. As David says Motherwell did well but they were undone by that extra bit of quality. Was quite impressed with the attendance and level of noise in Fir Park, hopefully we see more of that there and at other ground as the season progresses.

• Paid Members

Celtic 2 - HJK Helsinki 1

Going to be a tough away return trip for the Hoops. Haven't HJK splashed an obscene amount of money, for Finland, on their team?

A quick question too, if Rangers win the Scottish Cup, would they be allowed into Europe?

Thanka you.

• Paid Members

Going to be a tough away return trip for the Hoops. Haven't HJK splashed an obscene amount of money, for Finland, on their team?

A quick question too, if Rangers win the Scottish Cup, would they be allowed into Europe?

Thanka you.

Pretty sure their banned for three years, we (Derry City) had a recent problem with getting into Europe after coming third in our League, we were denied entrance as we'd folded and reformed under a new company.

Thanka you.

Pretty sure their banned for three years, we (Derry City) had a recent problem with getting into Europe after coming third in our League, we were denied entrance as we'd folded and reformed under a new company.

A New company you say?

I take it you lost all your previous history and were a brand new Derry City with no previous achievements?

Thanka you.

If The Rangers FC win Scottish Cup, the place goes to losing finalists. If they qualify via runner-up spot, instead the place will go to 4th in SPL. As pointed out, they are ineligible as they do not have accounts to submit to UEFA under the new Financial Fair Play system.

You think so? Once Celtic got their heads together they looked a few levels above that mob last night. After they get some more football under their belt this weekend they'll be raring to go. Celtic will win by a few goals over there I reckon.

• Paid Members

Thanka you.

A New company you say?

I take it you lost all your previous history and were a brand new Derry City with no previous achievements?

Technically we are a different club but like i'm sure Rangers and any club would our fans still lay claim to our history. We're actually on our third incarnation now I think as we previously played in the Northern Irish League. The only people denying Rangers their history are doing it too bait i'd imagine as i'm sure to their fans Rangers will always be Rangers even if their not personally my favorite club. We were relegated for supplementing players wages under the table and went bankrupt at the same time, it's pretty much made me lose all love of the club and I haven't been in 2 seasons but I imagine i'll get back at some stage in the future, was mainly frustrated by the fact we'd just about survived major financial trouble a few years previous and learnt nothing. Irish football is a disaster for the most part, teams overspend to try and win the league, go bust and then another team takes over and the team who went bust just form a new club. Disgrace.

Thanka you.

A New company you say?

Technically we are a different club but like i'm sure Rangers and any club would our fans still lay claim to our history. We're actually on our third incarnation now I think as we previously played in the Northern Irish League. The only people denying Rangers their history are doing it too bait i'd imagine as i'm sure to their fans Rangers will always be Rangers even if their not personally my favorite club. We were relegated for supplementing players wages under the table and went bankrupt at the same time, it's pretty much made me lose all love of the club and I haven't been in 2 seasons but I imagine i'll get back at some stage in the future, was mainly frustrated by the fact we'd just about survived major financial trouble a few years previous and learnt nothing. Irish football is a disaster for the most part, teams overspend to try and win the league, go bust and then another team takes over and the team who went bust just form a new club. Disgrace.

How much money is there in the Irish leagues? Can't be that much surely? Sounds like a horrible set of circumstances and financial management over there, further highlights the diabolical distribution of wealth in the football world too.

Either way, I agree with you on the history. Always the same TEAM playing. The company that runs that team is purely circumstantial.

• Paid Members

Thanka you.

A New company you say?

How much money is there in the Irish leagues? Can't be that much surely? Sounds like a horrible set of circumstances and financial management over there, further highlights the diabolical distribution of wealth in the football world too.

Either way, I agree with you on the history. Always the same TEAM playing. The company that runs that team is purely circumstantial.

There's not much really, in the mid 2000's we all started trying to go full time and we did get some decent results in Europe with ourselves knocking out Gretna and IFK Gothenburg and drawing at home with PSG, Shelbourne had some success aswell and got to the third qualifying stage of CL against Deportivo but that success proved unsustainable, the crowds aren't great and most teams are now back to part-time bar a few. In the last few years Derry, Cork, Galway, Cobh Ramblers and Monaghan United have all went bust and teams like Shelbourne, Drogheda and Dundalk have suffered large financial difficulties. There''s just no money in the league. If you go through every team playing in the Southern Irish league every team will have had financial difficulties bar 1 or 2 in the last 10 years even Rovers who made the EL group stages recently were on their arse not 6 years ago.

Thanka you.

A New company you say?

Take it up with UEFA rather than trying to prove your point (which is wrong by the way) on here.

Just out of curiosity, what makes Derry City's situation any different from Rangers?

Would you respect Derry City's history, even though a new company is running them?

Also, I'd be interested to hear your views on Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd, and the other businesses in Celtic's model. Would you be prepared to lose any honours Celtic have prior to any business name transfers?

Let's revisit 2009. Southampton Leisure Holdings go into administration and the football club do not. The reason is that SLH were created as a holding company to keep the football debt away from the football club. They 100% owned Southampton FC and, as such, the Football League considered them one and the same and punished Southampton FC for Southampton Leisure Holdings' administration. That's a corporate system created so that the club will always outlast the debt because other than the footballing debts, the club don't have to honour any other debts as they're held in the holding company. I believe Leeds pioneered this approach. The club can be sold by the holding company to raise money to pay their debts in liquidation.

However, Rangers' debts weren't held in a parent company. In fact, Craig Whyte's Rangers FC Group Ltd transferred debt to the football club, which is why Duff and Phelps sued them for

Archived