UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao

Egg Shen

Who Wins?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ahhh, don't be a party pooper Dave :laugh:

WE had this discussion when the interim heavyweight strap was floating around as well, didn't we? Why couldn't they have just made the Faber vs Barao fight a #1 contenders match?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

To be honest, if Cruz is going to be out as long as GSP like has been reported, I think they could have just had Barao/Faber for the proper title and gave Cruz an immediate shot on his return.

I don't like these interim titles myself. All they really mean is whoever is holding it is the guaranteed top contender for the 'real' champion. So Barao/Faber was really just a tarted up #1 contender fight anyway.

• Paid Members

that's really why the interim belt is there though, it's to make sure that if the champ does not return the interim title gets made up...it stops there being a huge gap where there's no title action. It's stupid but it makes sense...or in this situation would you prefer Barao to now sit as the recognised no. 1 contender with the possibilty of being made champ if Cruz doesn't return by, say the end of the year? That sounds nice, but i think the UFC like to see any kind of belt decided in the cage.

Boxing is forever making people champions for not actually throwing a punch and it's fucking annoying.

Archived