The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

That's probably the main reason why I want to see Chael vs Rampage, to be honest. While I'd fancy Chael to outwrestle Rampage in the actual fight, I'd be 100% certain Chael mauls him in any kind of verbal battle of wits. In fact, if I was Coker I'd look at doing a TUF ripoff with them as coaches to really squeeze the most out of it because, chances are, the actual fight won't be that exciting.

Frank Mir was good except when Miguel Torres was fighting, felt like he was his biggest fan boy.

zRdAl.jpg

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could probably dip their toe back into PPV if they did one in the similar price range to ROH out in the US. Around $30 rather than $50-70. Have Rampage/Chael headline. Then have some of their other name Fighters, Rory, MVP, would probably be marketable. Plus Kimbos son is tied to Bellator isn't he? Have his debut on PPV or something idk.

Add me to those who rate Mir and Jimmy Smith as commentators. 

Smith's MMA record makes for interesting reading - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jimmy-Smith-9052

I hadn't even considered a Chael Sonnen vs. Rampage fight. That's a good headliner.

Fucking hell though, can you imagine how exposed Rampage would be in the build up? It was bad enough with Rashad, but Chael would absolutely demolish him. Rampage would be left tragically repeating "your breath stinks," over and over again.

Provided it happens, the build-up to Sonnen vs Ortiz will be similar.

I'm a huge Joe Rogan fan, but I also bloody love Fight Quest. So I'll call it a draw.

There were two shows like Fight Quest, wasn't there? There was Another one, with some pretty boy fighter as the lead.

I liked both, but I always forget which one was better but remember one being markedly better.

• Paid Members

"Let me go ahead and tell you...what you just saw...in that ring...tonight."

Oh, Chris Weidman vs Yoel Romero and Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens are being lined up for UFC 205 at MSG. Love both fights.

That's from MMAMania.com

• Paid Members

I'm a huge Joe Rogan fan, but I also bloody love Fight Quest. So I'll call it a draw.

There were two shows like Fight Quest, wasn't there? There was Another one, with some pretty boy fighter as the lead.

I liked both, but I always forget which one was better but remember one being markedly better.

Yeh, i think there was one similar. Cant recall what it was though. I have the Fight Quest series on DVD, good viewing.

As for Tito. Yep, for someone who made a career of talking shit he sure dont mind fluffing his lines when put behind the camera.

To be fair it was him at UFC 51 (pretty sure it was the first one on Bravo) that made me a fan of the sport, him barely beating Vitor Belfort and then calling out Ken Shamrock & Chuck Liddell who both tried to get at him and Randy Couture laughing on commentary was brilliant, even in Pro Wrestling it would be seen as a great angle.

Although I'm sure he thanked the troops for fighting for their freedom in the wrong country or something.

Mick Maynard is the new matchmaker for the UFC, Sean Shelby moves up while Joe Silva moves on, Maynard ran Legacy FC for 10 years.

Legacy & RFA are merging and are now called LFA, I assume they will be the UFC's feeder org in the States.

Ed Soares is now the CEO and they will run 30 shows a year on AXS TV, Ed also retires as a manager and Inside MMA on AXS TV will end because they will be running more MMA events

Cage Warriors have also just signed 18 European fighters, I can see them being more of a European feeder league to the UFC

• Paid Members

Jim Miller vs Thiago Alves added to UFC 205 at MSG. Alves is dropping to lightweight. Al Iaquinta is out and having a contract dispute with the UFC.

And Gustafsson vs Little Nog is apparently headlining a Fight Night in Brazil in November. Third time they've booked that one. Hopefully it comes off this time.

Archived