Chris Benoit - 5 years on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Should have been done the other week really, but whats you're thoughts now compared to then? I've not seen much Benoit stuff since his death. Just not really interested in him anymore. I rarely watch Curt Hennig matches these days, let alone hunting out stuff featuring the face of evil. There was a massive thread about this before. What's the feelings you have compared to then? Have they changed? Are they the same? Can you watch Benoit's stuff? Did Kevin Sullivan really send the Zodiac in to do all three of them?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Kevin Sullivan looks like he'd struggle with velcro shoes.

Without meaning to sound like one of the "I was just watching one of his matches" party, I watched the end of his match against Randy Orton at Summerslam 2004 yesterday and my feelings were still the same. He was a good wrestler....for a cunt.

It's never really made a difference to me when going through tapes, youtube or whatever. I always liked watching him whilst not being one of those crazy Scott Keith types, and I still do if I ever stumble across a match.

I don't see it as being much different from how I enjoy getting a good laugh from Nordberg in the Naked Gun

His matches are fun, but that's just a character, same as all the rest. The last weekend of his life was fucked up, but it doesn't really affect my view on his work at all, seems silly to let it really. Superfly's still over, and that's after he cut up a girl in a hotel room then vinny mac helped him kayfabe his way out of it by pretending not to be able to speak english.

Those are people we still cheer now, and the old shit doesn't even get mentioned. So why worry about his work pre family murderising?

• Paid Members

My thoughts are pretty much the same. I can sufficiently detach myself from Chris Benoit the person when I watch a match, just as I can detach myself from any other wrestler who had questionable aspects of their personal life. Granted what Benoit did is right there at the top of atrocities, but I don't want to starting bringing in a scale of what I can accept and what I can't.

I've been making my way through old Nitro's from 96 and when ever he comes on I feel uncomfortable but I still watch it, I certainly wouldn't go out my way to watch any of his matches but if he comes on something that i'm watching I wont turn it off.

I still think he's a scum bag and certainly knew what he was doing to his son, he may have flipped out on Nancy during an argument and killed her by mistake but the murder of Daniel was premeditated and no matter what shape his brain was in alzheimer patients don't go around murdering innocent kids, from what I have ever seen.

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Benoit killed his wife and son and then himself you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Benoit killed his wife and son and then himself you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

Wow.

I just don't think there's anything to suggest that somebody like Chris who loved his kids so much would have killed his own son. We've all seen how they were together and heard many stories from the tributes last night. It's just very unlikely when you actually think about it. Far more likely that Nancy strangled Daniel and then Chris killed her in rage maybe.

I can sit and watch his matches but I never really got attached to his character/wrestling as a whole so it doesn't affect me, however, I will not allow my son to watch him or own his figure.

It's difficult enough explaining about wrestlers being dead when he asks about certain ones so I really don't want to get into to the how's and why's of it all with a six year old.

Archived